TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt350 Markup

Speaking of mark ups there are some auto dealers not Ford dealerships selling the 2011 Shelby GT350 all used by the way at a price not only above the sticker price but way above what Ford will be asking for the 2016 GT350... And they wonder why they haven't sold them yet

I'm looking for one yes but will I pay $10-$15k more than actual build cost, my Mom didn't raise an idiot and I wasn't born yesterday

Wasn't it just a few months back that a Chrysler dealership got blasted all over the internet for marking up a Hellcat to around $200k ?

You would think this Ford dealership would not want the same wrath directed at them.

Steve

From what I understand Chrysler has taken steps to stop this nonsense..

Because of the high demand for the Hellcat each dealer gets one at a time and if the

car sits on the lot for more than a couple of weeks they don't get any more allocations.

The logic being either the car is pre-sold and will be gone or someone will snap it up at MSRP

if it's available.

A friend of mine has two on order with different dealerships due to the long lead times and both

were happy to take the order with the understanding he will take which ever one that can provide

delivery first.

I've always marveled at the PT Cruiser and Mazda Miata ADM's.

:hysterical2:

The PT cruiser was a wonderful little car, we almost bought one but they stopped making it. Our friends had one - it was comfortable, a back seat I could sit in, and a good little city car.

Edited by twobjshelbys

The PT cruiser was a wonderful little car, we almost bought one but they stopped making it. Our friends had one - it was comfortable, a back seat I could sit in, and a good little city car.

Tony, talk to ANYONE that owns one, and has had it for the long haul....

Huge POS! Loads of problems, none of which are less important than the serious cooling issues they have. That front nose did not allow for proper cooling. Especially in hotter climates.

Huge POS! Loads of problems, none of which are less important than the serious cooling issues they have. That front nose did not allow for proper cooling. Especially in hotter climates.

Not to get to far out of topic, but ours gave us not a single problem through 130K miles when the timing belt broke. But after I changed that, no issues, not a single one. Sold at 140K miles to get our Jeep Commander. Just standard oil changes, brakes, etc. Normal wear items. It was also a first year car. It was crazy how much ADM's most dealers were getting on these, and that was long before the FGT.

I spoke to my local dealer yesterday, very small dealership and asked him if he was getting an allocation for a new GT350. He thought he was, and I told him I was interested, but only at MSRP or below. He said he would work with me, but we'll see :)

Our friends was 11 years old (2004, same year as my truck), in Vegas to boot. No issues whatsoever. We tried to buy it for our daughter but she didn't want an old person's car.

As with all things "your mileage may vary".

Edited by twobjshelbys

I spoke to my local dealer yesterday, very small dealership and asked him if he was getting an allocation for a new GT350. He thought he was, and I told him I was interested, but only at MSRP or below. He said he would work with me, but we'll see :)

It was stated that any Ford dealer that wanted a car would get at least one all they had to do was fill out the paperwork. Now the GT350 was like the GT500-there was a fixed "program" fee. So if the dealer only gets one, he may want to (in the form of an ADM) pass along that program fee. Tell him he sold one and can get another and try to pass it on to someone else :)

There are some dealers that mark-up the cars so NOT to sell instead using them as halo cars to bring in foot traffic. Guy comes in to look at the 350 and the salesman talks him into a GT. if someone actually does cough up the ADM great but having the car in the showroom can be a huge draw and opportunity to sell something else.

I've been away from the Ford Factory for sometime.

However in the old days after 90 days on the lot, the car hits the dealer's 'floor plan' and he has to pay interest on the loan to inventory the cars.

Given money is still pretty cheap some of these dealers can afford to sit on these cars.

The 'average guy' can't really afford these cars and a guy 'with money' can wait it out; a game of chicken.

It should be against the law to be able to charge an ADM. The dealers are already getting a profit on the unit, & then go & say I need $10,000 just to stick in my pocket , I know what some of you will say, you don`t have to buy it but that's not the point Ford should not allow it. jm2cts.

Guest markham51

If i was a dealer I would argue that if it is fair to give a discount (when demand is weak) then it should be fair to charge more (when demand is high).

I look at the GT350 as the 2007 GT500 and those ADM's ...not a very good investment! :-)

There is so much more this car can and will be. Like the 2007 GT500 vs. the 2014 GT500 I'm waiting a few more years and see what Ford comes up with before I move to the new car.

I can wait.