TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1971 Grande

Added a 1971 Grande to the stables. It has a 351C auto with 56,000 miles. I thought it was the 2nd time around, have receipts including the original bill of sale. I was able to track the mileage through servicing up to Oct of 2014. It is something to play with as I have both Shelbys the way I want them.

Added a 1971 Grande to the stables. It has a 351C auto with 56,000 miles. I thought it was the 2nd time around, have receipts including the original bill of sale. I was able to track the mileage through servicing up to Oct of 2014. It is something to play with as I have both Shelbys the way I want them.

Need to post up some pic's. :)

Beautiful car ! Nice socks !

C'mon now Chris....you know you wore those back in the day too!!! :hysterical:

Thanks on the car.... I remember thinking I was a lucky guy to own that beast at that age. I had a job just to support that car at a grocery store as a carry out (bagger). In fact met my wife at that same grocery store doing the same job all those years ago! :drop:

C'mon now Chris....you know you wore those back in the day too!!! :hysterical:

Thanks on the car.... I remember thinking I was a lucky guy to own that beast at that age. I had a job just to support that car at a grocery store as a carry out (bagger). In fact met my wife at that same grocery store doing the same job all those years ago! :drop:

What do you mean wore them, I still wear them. Mostly while wearing shorts. Mowing the lawn, at the lake, etc. I'm finding it harder and harder to find them with stripes anymore. Edited by cmcmotorworks

My '69 Grande' in High School ('78)

351C 4bbl mated to a C6

One of those "wish I could have it back"s ;)

5365053450_9cc1e9c992_z.jpg'69 Mustang High School 1978 by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

Nice Socks that is.

The car is nice to , a 351 Cleveland I bet you she would be pretty quick..

• 1 year later...

Are you 100 percent sure on your 351C in your Grande because all records show a Cleveland never came in a Grande? They were all 351W with FMX and there are no documented 69 Mustangs with a 351C

We had a 72 Grande and for years my brother thought it was a 351C until I proved to him those were Windsor heads

What do you mean wore them, I still wear them. Mostly while wearing shorts. Mowing the lawn, at the lake, etc. I'm finding it harder and harder to find them with stripes anymore.

Yeah, what's up with that. Gotta have the stripes. But I can't wear shorts mowing, just don't like being hit by flying objects on bare legs.

Are you 100 percent sure on your 351C in your Grande because all records show a Cleveland never came in a Grande? They were all 351W with FMX and there are no documented 69 Mustangs with a 351C

We had a 72 Grande and for years my brother thought it was a 351C until I proved to him those were Windsor heads

Cleveland motors are an EZ spot for the trained eye....the valve covers are way wider. Pretty simple.

FROM WHAT I KNOW, THE 351 CLEAVLAND HAS THE WATER THERMOSTAT HOUSING, THAT CONNECTS TO THE RADIATOR HOSE ON TOP, IS BOLTED ON TOP OF THE BLOCK. USUALLY, ALL OTHER ENGINE THERMOSTAT HOUSINGS ARE BOLTED TO THE FRON OF THE MANIFOLD.

FROM WHAT I KNOW, THE 351 CLEAVLAND HAS THE WATER THERMOSTAT HOUSING, THAT CONNECTS TO THE RADIATOR HOSE ON TOP, IS BOLTED ON TOP OF THE BLOCK. USUALLY, ALL OTHER ENGINE THERMOSTAT HOUSINGS ARE BOLTED TO THE FRON OF THE MANIFOLD.

Why u shoutin' Dennis?????!

We believe ya.

:hysterical2: