TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Custom Hurst Shift Lever

BIKEBOY

So I've always been a fan of the old school HURST levers in 60's and 70's Mustangs... I like the "tilted" back look. Also prefer the longer look.

So I removed my FRPP gloss black lever and cut off the shaft and ordered this 5spd HURST lever off Ebay (it's the part# for the Fox bodied cars) and had it welded atop the cut off "nub" of the FRPP part.

This is the finished product! Feels good, looks good, I just can't test drive it, cuz our weather still SUCKS!! :lol:

EDIT- BTW, the pic shows the lever in "neutral" to give you an idea of how I wanted it to "feel".

16662073742_391a935902_b.jpgFullSizeRender by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

So I've always been a fan of the old school HURST levers in 60's and 70's Mustangs... I like the "tilted" back look. Also prefer the longer look.

So I removed my FRPP gloss black lever and cut off the shaft and ordered this 5spd HURST lever off Ebay (it's the part# for the Fox bodied cars) and had it welded atop the cut off "nub" of the FRPP part.

This is the finished product! Feels good, looks good, I just can't test drive it, cuz our weather still SUCKS!! :lol:

EDIT- BTW, the pic shows the lever in "neutral" to give you an idea of how I wanted it to "feel".

16662073742_391a935902_b.jpgFullSizeRender by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

Chris That`s looking good nice job.

Archived