TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sad Day For Star Trek Fans

My first memory of Leonard Nimoy was in an episode of Highway Patrol with Broderick Crawford - As it turns out, he was in two episodes...

"Leonard Nimoy, Mr. Spock of Star Trek, plays Harry Wells in "Hot Dust" (1957) and Ray in "Blood Money" (1958)" *

"Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry is credited with writing five episodes (of Highway Patrol), sometimes using the pseudonym "Robert Wesley" *.

I'm thinking Roddenberry remembered Nimoy from the Highway Patrol set when casting for Star Trek, which first appeared in 1963 on NBC.

(* Wickipedia)

Edited by QuadCam

Enjoyed Star Trek so much - and still do! RIP Leonard Nimoy.

I can't end this post w/out a car-related story however!!

http://jalopnik.com/kirk-once-stole-spocks-buick-riviera-1688491655

Great post. It sure seems like they had a lot of fun. I remember when they came to Monterey CA to film Star Trek IV "The Voyage Home" at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in 1986. The USS Enterprise goes back in time to contact the now extinct humpback whales.

Edited by H0050

Great post. It sure seems like they had a lot of fun. I remember when they came to Monterey CA to film Star Trek IV "The Voyage Home" at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in 1986. The USS Enterprise goes back in time to contact the now extinct humpback whales.

That was my favorite of the original cast Star Trek movies.

MeTV is playing episodes of the shows in their lineup with Nimoy. We just saw a Rawhide show with him playing a Native American.

Tonight they will run Amok Time instead of the scheduled Star Trek episode.