TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Custom License Plate

07SGT5111

So i am making lemonaid out of limons...my car is now back in Kansas until i get back from deployment. I plan to take advantage of this and swap over from a california plate to a Kansas plate ( yes no more restrictions!) So i am looking for ideas for a catchy custom plate. I am thinking either "SGTWON" or "FSTBCK1" or "qtrhrse" (not much of a drag car though so i doubt i go with the last one" kind of cocky and fun. Let me know what you think. Also curious what others have used as i am sure there aren't many people with a Shelby in Kansas. they are not as popular there compared to John Deeres ;)

You would be surprised how many of us are actually in KS/MO. If you need a fellow Shelby owner to help while you're deployed let us know. We truly appreciate your service!

Kansas is one of the few states to only require the rear license plate and up to seven letters.

I prefer those that don't require explanation. RunToto is cool, but if you put it in all caps you have RUNTOTO. Run to to what? Who's the Runt name Oto? I used to have a '92 LX vert with the 5.0 and 5 speed. At that time there was a Mustang forum (and may still be) called 5.0 Zone. I got a tag 50ZONE. Even putting in a . between the 5 & 0, people thought I had turned 50......or thought it had to do with 50 ounces..... I was VERY disappointed. My boss, who had a Mercedes with the tag NEEDLE (he made a fortune selling sewing machine needles and parts) suggested the old Linda Ronstadt song BLUBYU. Cool, but I took off on that and tagged my car FLYBYU. The FLYBYU tag has now been on the aforementioned '92, a '97 Sebring JXi vert, a Ranger pick-up but it's never looked better.....nor has anyone ever asked me to explain it on the back of my GT 500!!!

Been on a number of cars since 1972:

16315339355_ac9a4a347c_c.jpg

A recent one, which I returned to the pool a couple years ago, and a priceless original:

6945078939_05d1c4f1d0_c.jpg

Accepting offers:

4816871171_0a83d20c20_z.jpg

I've had and relinquished SOLO TU, AW NUIT, and maybe a few others.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I lived in IL I had GTUP1 like my ID but that was taken in TX so I went with CRNRS. Car guys seem to get it as corners but I've had other people ask me if I sing thinking it abbreviated crooners.

• 3 months later...

Archived