TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My "man Cave" Centerpiece Has Arrived

With my recently built garage/man cave, I found this sign for sale on a non automotive site.

Needs some cleaning, however, looks GREAT!

IMG_20150204_201944864_zpstot4foja.jpg

IMG_20150204_202118280_zpscvkhdjwe.jpg

Looks Great, Scott!

I have built a garage/man cave this past summer and I finally got my lift installed 10 days ago.

Now I can start setting up where stuff (work bench, TV/Stereo, desk, computer, storage cabinets, compressor, etc.) will be placed...

Been looking for signage and banners to decorate the walls. Thanks for the tip on where to look! :salute:

BTW - Let me apologize for Doogie's remark - He is a long time member of the NTTHouse - Enough said! :kookie:

:hysterical2:

Those NTT folks I tell ya, one looking for stripper pole and another calls me Chris? Lol

Rob, my 2 post lift is laying on floor waiting for me to do final trim on walls, then ill move onto getting it cleaned up/painted and installed.

Looks Great, Scott!

I have built a garage/man cave this past summer and I finally got my lift installed 10 days ago.

Now I can start setting up where stuff (work bench, TV/Stereo, desk, computer, storage cabinets, compressor, etc.) will be placed...

Been looking for signage and banners to decorate the walls. Thanks for the tip on where to look! :salute:

BTW - Let me apologize for Doogie's remark - He is a long time member of the NTTHouse - Enough said! :kookie:

:hysterical2:

:whistling::whistling:

Those NTT folks I tell ya, one looking for stripper pole and another calls me Chris? Lol

Rob, my 2 post lift is laying on floor waiting for me to do final trim on walls, then ill move onto getting it cleaned up/painted and installed.

Those damn prescription painkillers! I'm lucky I can remember my own name! :hysterical2:

Edit: correction complete

You told me you had the lift. Thought I would see a photo sometime along the way...

Wasn't going to say anything... :)

I guess we both are finding out building a "mancave" takes longer than we thought! :drop:

Those damn prescription painkillers! I'm lucky I can remember my own name! :hysterical2:

Edit: correction complete

You told me you had the lift. Thought I would see a photo sometime along the way...

Wasn't going to say anything... :)

I guess we both are finding out building a "mancave" takes longer than we thought! :drop:

Here ya go: :doh: (Started the refurbish process this week on my lat 80's Weaver 2 Post Lift))

materials2_zpsdd2dc081.jpg

Sign is all cleaned up and installed: :happy feet:

IMG_20150207_131228447_zpsp4bkn5cc.jpg

Also put up this sign:

IMG_20150208_145939649_zpsfc9vjrfl.jpg

Here ya go: :doh: (Started the refurbish process this week on my lat 80's Weaver 2 Post Lift))

Also put up this sign:

Wow!!! That garage looks fantastic!

Love the "Garage Rules" sign as well! I need one of those! :lol:

Looking at all that partially used EMT made me think of my own "leftovers."

Everywhere I lived up to now was Romex friendly - This part of Illinois requires everything in EMT :drop:

If you only knew how many sticks I have wasted learning how to bend a correct angle!!! :nonono:

BTW: Is that an old Gas Can sitting up their next to the furnace??? :extinguish:

Rob,

As a matter of fact it is, a nice addition the wife picked up at a local flea market, with last name of Riley it's a fitting addition: (by now I'm sure it's dry inside, or at least hope so :drop: )

IMAG2058_zpsb98533ae.jpg

Jim,

Trim and lift install is all that's needed for what I would consider complete, although I do have plans to install sink, hot water heater, and air lines as time permits. So you can leave Don out of this :hysterical:

Also put up this sign:

Scott I hope you don't have to ever use the fire extinguisher or the pull station. :}

Rob,

As a matter of fact it is, a nice addition the wife picked up at a local flea market, with last name of Riley it's a fitting addition: (by now I'm sure it's dry inside, or at least hope so :drop: )

IMAG2058_zpsb98533ae.jpg

Jim,

Trim and lift install is all that's needed for what I would consider complete, although I do have plans to install sink, hot water heater, and air lines as time permits. So you can leave Don out of this :hysterical:

Don, has stuff on all of us...I plan NEVER to run for office.... :whistling:

At this rate Scott, you will be done in about 10 yrs...

Don, want to chime in???

Jim,10 years might be too long, I say more like another 2 years. After all ,he's only been working on it 1 1/2 years. After all, he bought a new track car 2 years ago and hasn't even started the motor yet. I might add though he is doing an outstanding job.
gregonbike.jpg
You can see from Scott's baby picture he has never been in a big hurry.

Jim,10 years might be too long, I say more like another 2 years. After all ,he's only been working on it 1 1/2 years. After all, he bought a new track car 2 years ago and hasn't even started the motor yet. I might add though he is doing an outstanding job.
gregonbike.jpg
You can see from Scott's baby picture he has never been in a big hurry.

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Rob,

IMAG2058_zpsb98533ae.jpg

Jim,

"Riley Brothers" way too cool, Scott! I agree, that's a keeper! :happy feet: :happy feet:

I figure I will need a display shelf as well for my 1:18, 1:24. and Hot Wheel sized models - That can would go somewhere on there as well!

Let me know if you see anything out there with "Smith Brothers" on it - the only thing I have ever seen was the Smith Bros. Cough Drops! :drop:

My new garage addition sits directly behind the original two-car garage - I have about 6 feet of foundation in the new part -

I hope to be able to tap that space for a utility sink (urinal) using the homes existing plumbing. We have an over-rated tankless domestic HW system that will work well in this application.

Hey! Overall, we have a watertight enclosure with heat and light! ...the rest is "gravy!" ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived