TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Attention Atlanta Area Shelby Owners!

grsybtch

We can't let the Florida folks have all the fun! In an effort to start the ball rolling for an Atlanta chapter of Team Shelby South Atlantic, I propose a meet & greet on Sunday, February 8th @ 12:00 pm at the Varsity Town Center in Kennesaw. Let's see if we can't get some Atlanta area Shelby owners together!

If you get a good group and there is interest in a day of spirited driving in the North Georgia and Western NC mountains, keep me posted. I'd meet up with you fellas for that.

If you get a good group and there is interest in a day of spirited driving in the North Georgia and Western NC mountains, keep me posted. I'd meet up with you fellas for that.

That's the long range goal!

We've got some of the best road course and drag racing tracks in the country right in our backyard!

Not to mention all the great mountain and coastal cruising opportunities

I'd like to see a chapter form so we can start planning events, cruises, track days, and even modding sessions (pooling resources and talents)

We can't let the Florida folks have all the fun! In an effort to start the ball rolling for an Atlanta chapter of Team Shelby South Atlantic, I propose a meet & greet on Sunday, February 7th @ 12:00 pm at the Varsity Town Center in Kennesaw. Let's see if we can't get some Atlanta area Shelby owners together!

Sounds good. May want to make a post on any of the GT500 Facebook groups as that's where about 90% of the events I attend are planned and organized anymore. Also the 7th is a Saturday, or did you mean Sunday the 8th?

Myself and a group of owners from Athens, GA met up with the Upland Mustang Club from SC and ran the mountains of Western SC and NC with about 40 cars on Saturday. Wife didn't give me permission until last minute Friday night so I didn't have time to really post it anywhere.

Sounds good. May want to make a post on any of the GT500 Facebook groups as that's where about 90% of the events I attend are planned and organized anymore. Also the 7th is a Saturday, or did you mean Sunday the 8th?

Myself and a group of owners from Athens, GA met up with the Upland Mustang Club from SC and ran the mountains of Western SC and NC with about 40 cars on Saturday. Wife didn't give me permission until last minute Friday night so I didn't have time to really post it anywhere.

Thanks for the correction! Sunday the 8th it is!

As far as other posts.....I've put it on the "Team Shelby South Atlantic" Facebook page.....feel free to spread the word!

That must have been awesome. Let me guess: You guys played around Jocassee Gorges up 178 to 64 and likely hit 215 and 276? Wonderful roads.

Edit: BTW - I stay as far away from facebook as possible so please post up other events here.

Thanks for the correction! Sunday the 8th it is!

As far as other posts.....I've put it on the "Team Shelby South Atlantic" Facebook page.....feel free to spread the word!

Wasn't aware of that facebook page, I'll have to join to stay in touch.

That must have been awesome. Let me guess: You guys played around Jocassee Gorges up 178 to 64 and likely hit 215 and 276? Wonderful roads.

Edit: BTW - I stay as far away from facebook as possible so please post up other events here.

My notes show we took 28 to 64 to 178 and then boringly took 11 &14 back to eat at Fuddruckers in Greer I believe.

Looks like we missed 215 and 276 so I'll have to remember those for next time. First part of the day on 28 was spent behind a painfully slow mustang owner. Minivans weren't holding him up exactly, so that was a bit painful, but we got the pecking order sorted out a little better later on. Final tally was 38 Mustangs and 2 Focus ST's.

IMG_4092_zpsf95a7ca7.jpg

Talked to Bob Zinzell (TS So. Atl regional director) yesterday evening.........a little early in the game to get too excited, but an Atlanta chapter can become something pretty cool!

Think track days and Team Shelby Atlanta Chapter events and merchandise!

Come on out and meet other Shelby owners in the area! Let's get this ball rolling!

Talked to Bob Zinzell (TS So. Atl regional director) yesterday evening.........a little early in the game to get too excited, but an Atlanta chapter can become something pretty cool!

Think track days and Team Shelby Atlanta Chapter events and merchandise!

Come on out and meet other Shelby owners in the area! Let's get this ball rolling!

:victory:

We can do a South Atlantic gathering in the mountains a few times a year. Too many cars and it becomes cumbersome as pointed out by Mavisky. You never know what the driving intention/ability is of some of the participants. I used to lead a large group of motorcycle riders all through these roads in North GA, North Western SC and Western NC and know many of these roads very well. If you have more than 10 vehicles, it is better to divide up into two or more groups so participants with like minded aspirations for the day are grouped together and no one feels like they are being held up or driving outside of their comfort zone. I've attempted to join this Spring Fever trip in the past, but it always seems to overlap with family trips due to spring break for my kids. I'm going to attempt to make this one as well, but already see a potential conflict. May would be a much better time to be up in the mountains anyway as April often has a high chance of rain. They saw nothing but rain last year for the entire trip which I'm sure was disappointing.

I have been wanting to get a group from NC, SC and GA together for a few years and I hope this becomes something which will come to fruition. You may want to announce on other GT500 forums as well. This is the only one I participate in.

Didn't mean to hijack, thought I would mention an upcoming event not far from the group :)

Agree with Viper on the group sizing. We have plans in place for our cruise to split groups if/when it becomes a much larger attendance.

Hijack done :whistling: Carry on

Put the word out on FordGT500.com, svtperformance.com, and the GT500 club group on Facebook.

Thanks, I've hesitated going to other forums because I'm doing this under the umbrella of Team Shelby and don't want to pee in anybody's wheeties on another site.

Feel free, however, to post that some idiot on Team shelby (me) is trying to get it organized :hysterical:

Didn't mean to hijack, thought I would mention an upcoming event not far from the group :)

Agree with Viper on the group sizing. We have plans in place for our cruise to split groups if/when it becomes a much larger attendance.

Hijack done :whistling: Carry on

No problem, just busting your chops........just let me put a group together first before we start looking at group events :cool:

We can do a South Atlantic gathering in the mountains a few times a year. Too many cars and it becomes cumbersome as pointed out by Mavisky. You never know what the driving intention/ability is of some of the participants. I used to lead a large group of motorcycle riders all through these roads in North GA, North Western SC and Western NC and know many of these roads very well. If you have more than 10 vehicles, it is better to divide up into two or more groups so participants with like minded aspirations for the day are grouped together and no one feels like they are being held up or driving outside of their comfort zone. I've attempted to join this Spring Fever trip in the past, but it always seems to overlap with family trips due to spring break for my kids. I'm going to attempt to make this one as well, but already see a potential conflict. May would be a much better time to be up in the mountains anyway as April often has a high chance of rain. They saw nothing but rain last year for the entire trip which I'm sure was disappointing.

I have been wanting to get a group from NC, SC and GA together for a few years and I hope this becomes something which will come to fruition. You may want to announce on other GT500 forums as well. This is the only one I participate in.

Viper,

As a particapant for the past two years...the first year was awesome....second year was rainy.....not sure I can make third annual but am trying....

Carry on.... :whistling:

So the final tally is:

9 GT500"s,

3 SGT's,

1 KR,

1 40th

and a GT350!

16 Great owners and some beautiful better halves, all enthused about getting A Team Shelby chapter going in Atlanta!!!

I'd like to thank all of you for coming out and I'm excited about getting this rolling!

10947517_10202470815132051_8607344204803

So the final tally is:

9 GT500"s,

3 SGT's,

1 KR,

1 40th

and a GT350!

16 Great owners and some beautiful better halves, all enthused about getting A Team Shelby chapter going in Atlanta!!!

I'd like to thank all of you for coming out and I'm excited about getting this rolling!

10947517_10202470815132051_8607344204803

Awesome. Let me know when you want to get a group together for a run in the GA and NC mountains.

Archived