TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin' The Smokies '15

stngfever

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Friendly reminder.......... all of you have my cell number when I'm on the road. I will be on the cell starting at 6:00 AM Saturday. Have a safe drive and now the fun begins. Let's rock and roll or is it lock and load?

Sam, still looks like IFR conditions all the way up. :raining:

Jim, hope you picked up that extra set of wiper blades. :sing_rain:

Atlanta, here we come... :shift:

George welcome to the group. :)

LOL. Sure lets have those girls join us as well.

Scott and Cliff... your assignment is to pick up a case of bourbon in Kentucky......while you're at it, pick up ALL the spike the cookies girls because Jim wants two for himself. See ya.

Good morning to you too Jim and everyone. :)

Scott and Cliff... your assignment is to pick up a case of bourbon in Kentucky......while you're at it, pick up ALL the spike the cookies girls because Jim wants two for himself. See ya.

Good morning to you too Jim and everyone. :)

Jim and girls seem to just go together. Everytime he posts something on facebook he has girls in his car. He must have a big cookie............. Bourbon works also

Just got back from vacation (Disney Cruise) with the family. I'm beat. You guys have fun. Hope the weather holds out.

Well unlike the rest of you I already started the first leg of this adventure. Made it to Ocala so if all goes well I meet up with Jim in the morning and head to the Valdosta meet up. So far so good.....met up with a new Z28 just north of Fort Pierce and we ran the cars hard all the way to Orlando. Made the first part of the trip more entertaining.....?

Hopefully Mother Nature will be kind to us........

You guys make this run next year, I'd like to try and go with you. I can meet you as you come through Richmond or Berea here in Kentucky and run down with you.

Nice meeting you guys yesterday as you came through Richmond,,,hope our conversation didn't cost you a round of adult beverages.

Another fantastic Spring Cruise is over and Scott just keeps making them better. Good seeing everyone again,don't think this will be the last one for Sam and George. Got home around 4:30 from a boring ride home, didn't see or take on any camero's or C6's.

13.5 hours for me to get home but that included 2 side trip excursions due to GPS tracking issues and traffic. The traffic had us tearing up the back roads of South Ga which I am sure left a less then pleasant impression with some Ga folk. Great time and highly recommend it to anyone that loves to drive their cars in a spirited fashion. Overall I think I logged over 2400 miles on the car door to door and don't regret anyone of them......well maybe the 300 miles logged with the bad tank of gas but otherwise great time and great weather.

GT

Well that was a blast! Don's right, I hope to make it next year and leave the bad fuel behind! Thanks guys for your "no friends left behind" policy! Excellent leadership Scott and definitely a great group! Jim, George, Cliff, Don, and Jenny, many thanks for a wonderful trip!

Pics and videos coming soon and it looks like S129.com already has our pictures up - haven't checked the other sites.

Working on the car today, I'm following Jim's advice and looking at the fuel pump, perhaps the spare tire pressed down on the trunk floor and screwed up the wiring or fuel pump module - or just one of the pumps went bad. We shall see!

Sam

Did anyone take a picture of those two local guys faces after one got out of Cliffs Shelby and the other one from the Boss after their lock and load 125 MPH ride. That little guy sure was funny. We meet a lot of fun people.

Can't wait to see the pics of all the cars under the water fall, and that biker with that orange thing on his helmet. :hysterical2:

Great group is an understatement, as it's the participants that make these treks enjoyable.

Always great to meet new friends that take the leap of faith to join in on these trips.

Our ride home was going great right up until the dump truck hauling excavating equipment started spewing gravel, uggggggg.

Cliff and I we're stuck in the passing lane with a couple cars in front of us and a few behind us with no where to go, both of us received road rash as a result (so far found on hood, roof, fenders, front bumper, side scoop and counting)! One rock was lodged on cliff's car between front splitter and bumper.

Not fun watching gravel and at least one golf ball sized stone coming right at ya!

Highway patrol was at next exit, after a nearly 3 hour delay filing report, we we're on our way.

14 hours for cliff and 15.5 hours for me!

Before you say it Jim, I wish this was an extension to the fishing trip!

Scott and Cliff, ouch, sorry to hear about the gravel incident, I know that hurts!

Some good news, my SGT is back up to speed, it WAS the fuel pump modulator, sort of got cut off by the spare tire pressing down on the floor of the trunk. Once I pulled everthing out, checked all connections and changed spark plugs, everything seems back to normal! Something to remember for all of us!

Sam

Scott and Cliff, ouch, sorry to hear about the gravel incident, I know that hurts!

Some good news, my SGT is back up to speed, it WAS the fuel pump modulator, sort of got cut off by the spare tire pressing down on the floor of the trunk. Once I pulled everthing out, checked all connections and changed spark plugs, everything seems back to normal! Something to remember for all of us!

Sam

Glad to see it was nothing serious, just poor packing skills......next year you can prove to Don that you can do more then just follow......

What I was trying to say was I feel 100% safe with Sam's driving skills behind me just like Scott's skills in front of me. :salute: Lucky for me he had no boost. :rob_grabber: Glad to hear everything is OK on Sam's SGT.
Come on guys, where are the pic's and videos. :lurk:

Glad to hear Sam. Something to always try and remember if the brain will still work.

Was a great trip and was enjoyable meeting you and George. As usual we have a great group of guys. Of course some that couldn't make it this year and the addition of you both. I hope you continue to join the group as well as others from the TS group and as we discussed our last night there are many runs throughout the area that need to be taken. Adding the Snake was fantastic.

As to Scott and I yes it was pretty bad. Chipped everywhere including windshield and both side mirrors, hood, bumper, both side panels, drivers side rear panel and passenger door and of course the carbon fiber splitter is ruined. This time Scott and I are not kidding even though I am sure you guys are thinking "crying wolf". LOL

Archived