TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin' The Smokies '15

stngfever

Good then I can unpack my foul weather gear......the trunk was getting tight....

GT

Dont unpack it yet...we still have to wait for the "almighty" Scott :whistling: to bless the following week forecast. :raining:

:hide:

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the good news moving back one week. Everyone can make the rain date change, plus we pick up one more joy rider with Craig (Viper). :happy feet:

Who's Craig? I'll be pulling into port Friday AM and driving back to NC. Will check the thread when I return to figure out what the weather is doing and the best place to pick you guys up... probably on the TN side of the Dragon Sunday AM. Might meet you guys Saturday. We'll see.

Hotel changes made - most of my foul weather gear removed!

The flight attendant says: "Remember, in the event of a water landing, your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device!"

And you're thinking: "I don't think it's called a landing!" and "Oh great, my life will be saved by a beer-fart filled cushion!"

Sam

Rooms have been changed to the 25th through 27th.

Lets hope Mother Nature is kind to us.

I now have time to ruin my tires before the new sticky ones are installed. Was supposed to be Friday and will now change it to next week so I have time to make some rubber smoke.

A couple of different routes to Knoxville, I'm open to either. Interstate 95 is easy for me, but Interstate 75 works just as well.

We could meet at I-75/I-10 interchange in Lake City, FL, or further up the road in Valdosta, GA

Or at the A1A/SR200 exit on I-95.

Guess it depends on how you feel about going through or avoiding Atlanta!

Sam

Sam, I drive up the lower corner of Georgia and come into 75 at Exit 11. So that would work out better for me.

Jim is starting to look like a pro now going though Atlanta, he hasn't taken that Cleveland exit the last couple of times. :hysterical:

It has rain here for the last 10 days. I'm really sick and tired of all this rain.

Spoke to George earlier today.

Don / Sam, the plan is to meet at Exit 11 on I-75 at 9 AM. Same place as last year Don. Good Gas stop, fill up there and should get us thru Atlanta and possible to Tn.

I will meet up with George either in Orlando or Ocala, depending on when where he decides to stop the night before. He will let me know on Wednesday.

Should be there around 8:30, will gas up, smoke a couple with a cup of coffee, take out the rain survival stuff and be ready for a 9:00 departure. The weather is marginal for Sat and Sun????? Looking forward seeing our Northern friends. :drool:

Sorry to hear that Frank. Maybe you can make it to Sturgis this Labor Day. At present there is 7 of us going. I will end up posting that trip in June.

Don...........have that lovely daughter of yours bake us cookies since we lost our supply host. I want one dozen for myself. LOL.

OMG it is snowing right now. Gosh I hate Michigan sometimes.

I have an appointment in 2 hours to get my new sticky tires on. I should look funny driving the beast while it is snowing.

Don the more I think about I will need four dozen cookies just for me.

You will see why when you see me. (we get no exercise up here in the winter).

OMG it is snowing right now. Gosh I hate Michigan sometimes.

I have an appointment in 2 hours to get my new sticky tires on. I should look funny driving the beast while it is snowing.

Don the more I think about I will need four dozen cookies just for me.

You will see why when you see me. (we get no exercise up here in the winter).

:cold: Folk that!!!

Its 80's now :sunny:

Pack your shorts..... :stirpot:

:lurk:

Install brake pads, check.

Flush brake fluid, check.

Oil change, check.

Pack car, check.

Heading down to Cliff's tomorrow for our Saturday departure :yahoo:

See you all on Saturday evening :victory:

Watch out Atlanta..............the boys from the South are coming through.

Watch out Indianapolis and all cities inbetween................the boys from Michigan are coming through.

Indianapolis ??

Guess I'll be meeting you in Knoxville after dinner if your planning to go through Indianapolis :drop:

Figured you would want to go a different route in order to stay away from that cop that got you two years ago.

Archived