TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ebay Is Getting Exspensive..........

• 3 weeks later...

We just got an email that they are changing their "policies", read, prices...

So I'm curious, just how much does it cost to sell a car on ebay? I can't figure it out. It's either not very much or 10% and consigners will handle for less than that...

The way I read the current FVF structure:

No insertion fee, only FVF fee's.

A flat FVF of $60 for vehicles that sell for under $2k

A flat FVF of $125 for vehicles that sell for over $2k

The way I read the current FVF structure:

No insertion fee, only FVF fee's.

A flat FVF of $60 for vehicles that sell for under $2k

A flat FVF of $125 for vehicles that sell for over $2k

Do they force you through papal for the car too (larger ticket item)? I sold some small things last year and had to use paypal (with their additional fees as mentioned above).

Do they force you through papal for the car too (larger ticket item)? I sold some small things last year and had to use paypal (with their additional fees as mentioned above).

I sold a Mustang on Ebay and the guy used PayPal BUT, I had to do two Invoices because PayPal would only do $10,000.00 MAX per transaction. Has that changed?

If they let you do the Bank Transfer still, then I might start selling my Cars on Ebay IF those prices are true ($125.00).

Car sales are exempt from the mandatory PP requirement. Although you may want to use PP for a deposit I would NEVER accept PP for the selling price as sellers have no protection and that PP payment can be easily reversed by the buyer.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

True. Not to mention that you could also inadvertently meet the IRS's threshold that requires eBay to 1099 you...even though you may not be operating as a business. Last I checked, you'd also need to have received 200 payments within a year (along with a certain dollar amount), but that's really not that much either...only 4 per week. Now imagine having to give up 1/3 of your personal vehicle sale to taxes.

Big ticket items need to be EFT or bank cashier's check.

I have a vehicle listed on eBay right now and it was like $92 for the insertion fee. I'm hoping for a side transaction, which thankfully is the case more often than not on big-ticket items.

The disclaimer " I have the vehicle listed locally , and reserve the right to cancel this auction at any time" works well, for selling "outside" of EBay. I like this angle.

:)

True. Not to mention that you could also inadvertently meet the IRS's threshold that requires eBay to 1099 you...even though you may not be operating as a business. Last I checked, you'd also need to have received 200 payments within a year (along with a certain dollar amount), but that's really not that much either...only 4 per week. Now imagine having to give up 1/3 of your personal vehicle sale to taxes.

Big ticket items need to be EFT or bank cashier's check.

I have a vehicle listed on eBay right now and it was like $92 for the insertion fee. I'm hoping for a side transaction, which thankfully is the case more often than not on big-ticket items.

$92.00 Insertion Fee? Do you list more than 6 Cars a Year on Ebay?

Archived