TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Convertible Owners.....

FordRocks1

Thinking about picking up a 2009 GT500 Vert. Just kind of worried about quality of the roof/sealing between the windshield and door glass. I'm in Sunny FL and I know the sun here can be pretty rough on these cars. Before I jump on a vert, I'd like to hear from yall if there are any major issues with the verts. I tried looking it up but didn't really find any known issues. Will greatly appreciate any input.

I'm in sunny CA, well rainy at the moment, and have owned my car since new in 2007. There are no issues with the top seal on the windshield or doors. Ford designed it so the driver's side window only goes up all the way up when the door is closed. There is an issue with top wear on the pinch points when closing. Several threads on that with some getting their tops replaced. Mine has shown some wear, but not a whole lot. I do drive with the top down whenever possible, so it does get a lot of action.

I can't answer to how well the window seal works for water as mine has never been driven in the rain and only washed a few times. But I can say that the window seal does work well at keeping any wind/road noise from entering the interior while driving at highway speeds with the windows up. I frequently put the top down and have not noticed any unusual wear.

I have a 2009 Vert and as mentioned by others, Ford did a very good job on the design and the top seals well, my car is quiet without wind noise with the top up. I have to admit, I am in TX and drive most of the time with the top down. Also, haven't driven it in while raining so not sure about that but it doesn't leak when I wash it with top up. I think you will like it.

Bought my 07 new and now have 48k on the clock. I've driven in rain, at speed on the interstates, and take it through a hi-pressure car wash occasionally. This is the best convertible top I've seen in 40+ years of driving a convertible! It's quiet and well sealed when up and glorious when down! I'm a convertible freak and drive with the top down as much as possible, so mine sees a LOT of use! The only leaks I've ever had are the occasional drips after the hi-pressure car wash.......and even then it's not a consistant leak. Very good top design! Everytime I clean the interior, I wipe all the gaskets and seals down with armor-all. Don't know if that help, but it makes it look nice and shiny!

Enjoy!

Archived