TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is The Shelby St Still Available

Dr_Whoovie

The Shelby ST has disappeared from the SAI website home page links and no longer appears on the build one page.

There is still a reference to it on the rolling picture add, but the link is broken.

Anyone know if it is still available, or has the program ended?

The Shelby ST has disappeared from the SAI website home page links and no longer appears on the build one page.

There is still a reference to it on the rolling picture add, but the link is broken.

Anyone know if it is still available, or has the program ended?

The Shelby Focus program has ended :(

Steve

That explains why they sold the prototype.

The Shelby Prototype is still for sale unless it was sold over the weekend. Last I checked its for sale at $50k which I believe is less than what it would have cost to have one just like it built, plus its a prototype with some SAI history.

Steve

The Shelby Prototype is still for sale unless it was sold over the weekend. Last I checked its for sale at $50k which I believe is less than what it would have cost to have one just like it built, plus its a prototype with some SAI history.

Steve

I meant that's why they offered it for sale.

As far as I know there were 6 built. The two prototypes (one Tangerine Scream that was the auto show car, one white with the offset stripes that was the track car) then a Red one with black traditional stripes that went to Rich Ford in NM, then another Tangerine Scream with the checkered stripes, then my car white with traditional blue stripes, and now Kenny's car which is black and will have gold traditional stripes that is at Shelby right now will be 7. My car was the only one that has silver wheels, the rest had black wheels.

I love my Shelby Focus ST, of my 25+ cars it is one of my favorites. It handles like a go cart, is light and quick, comfortable, and the Wilwood brakes are incredible. I consistently get over 30 MPG too. Everyone of my Shelby friends that has driven my car love the little car too. Not one person has driven it was not impressed. In Terlingua this last year, others spent more time taking the car out than I did and I enjoyed seeing the smiles on people's faces when they got out of it.

Here's a few pics of mine:

IMG_5716.jpg

and at Shelby when I picked it up:

IMG_5618.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_8127.jpg

and clear bra covered in bugs in Terlingua:

IMG_8024.jpg

Alex

As far as I know there were 6 built. The two prototypes (one Tangerine Scream that was the auto show car, one white with the offset stripes that was the track car) then a Red one with black traditional stripes that went to Rich Ford in NM, then another Tangerine Scream with the checkered stripes, then my car white with traditional blue stripes, and now Kenny's car which is black and will have gold traditional stripes that is at Shelby right now will be 7. My car was the only one that has silver wheels, the rest had black wheels.

I love my Shelby Focus ST, of my 25+ cars it is one of my favorites. It handles like a go cart, is light and quick, comfortable, and the Wilwood brakes are incredible. I consistently get over 30 MPG too. Everyone of my Shelby friends that has driven my car love the little car too. Not one person has driven it was not impressed. In Terlingua this last year, others spent more time taking the car out than I did and I enjoyed seeing the smiles on people's faces when they got out of it.

IMG_8024.jpg

Alex

Auto trans or manual?

That would be a perfect twin for my White w/blue stripe Cobra!

Phill

Thanks, El Shelby. It is a really neat car. You can actually fit 4 adults in it comfortably and luggage in the trunk too. Have never bottomed it out with on the bump stops, even with a full trunk and 4 adults in it. I too am shocked how few sold. It is one of my most fun Shelby's to drive...

Chad ( NordicShelby): Yes, they probably will sky rocket in value. Cool thing too is not one of them was built identical. So each is a very unique car. Of the under 30 Terlinguas built, they have been seen to bring over double of the original price+ Shelby conversion. In my opinion, the Shelby ST, out handles, out brakes, out powers, and is lighter than the Telinguas. I have driven many of them and done upgrades on a few. I believe the Terlingua was the wrong car for the time (and misunderstood/poorly marketed) and now they of course are very sought after, and I believe the same thing can be said of the Shelby ST, just the wrong time and misunderstood/poorly marketed. It s funny how many of us appreciate something after we no longer can order them the way we wanted them....At the Shelby GT350 unveiling in Gardena where I took my Shelby ST on Monday, 2 people offered to buy it!!

Phil, All the Focus ST's are 6 speed manuals. Automatic was not an option.I have a bigger turbo, intercooler, downpipe, and tune waiting to go on my car, I just have't done it yet. There are several ST guys out there with regular ST's making 350+ wheel HP with these little cars and drive them daily!! It is really quick even the way it left Shelby. If I ever decide to sell, I will let you know.

Alex

Wow. I wish Shelby would of used Alex's pictures in their ad, I would of ordered one by now. Was not a fan of the black rims and the website simulation for building your own made it look odd to where I kept putting off ordering one off. Sucks as I've been looking for a new compact car...

Oh well. Was wondering where it went on the website. It's didn't even earn a spot in the previous models section. Ouch. Poor thing.

Thanks for the nice pics Alex!

We are extremely excited for the arrival of our ST. We have been really fortunate to ride/drive in the prototype & Alex's ST. This car is a wonderful addition to our small stable!

So wait a second....Are they or aren't they (SA) still making them?

From the sound of your post, they are.

Or do you mean you're picking up a factory stock ST from the dealer vs. picking up a modified one from Shelby American/

Phill

Thank you Harald and djtoucan!

Can't wait to see yours done Kenny and Kim. It will be one of the favorites in your stable to actually enjoy and drive.

Phill, Kenny and KIm's are still at SAI being commpleted. They aren't taking any more orders. So Kenny and Kim's will be the last one built.

Alex

Phill, Kenny and KIm's are still at SAI being commpleted. They aren't taking any more orders. So Kenny and Kim's will be the last one built.

Alex

Ahh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up Alex.

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

My pleasure, Phill.

You'll love the Shelby ST when done Kenny and Kim!! I believe yours' will be the last one....

Greg, Even stock, they are fun little cars. You can always add some goodies to it too to enhance performance, braking, looks and handling...

Alex

While I've seen the pictures in this thread multiple times now I am continually amazed at how good the Shelby Focus ST looks ( I already know it performs well). I am well aware of the reason this is offered on the hatchback, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few of these concepts implemented for a trunk version. But, not that important.

• 2 years later...

Archived