TEAM SHELBY FORUM

N P D Mustang & Ford Round-Up At Silver Springs

David Hawkins

About time.

Sorry, I just can't get this retired thing figured out. I thought I was going to have a whole bunch of time to devote to stuff like this. Where did I go wrong? Oh well, back to my nap.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rolled out of my Driveway in Tallahassee at 3:00am today headed for Ocala and at 5:30am I rolled into the NPD Parking Lot for the Cruise. Great Cruise to Cedar Keys today. There were about 150 Vehicles on the Cruise.

Here's a link to a few pic's I took of the show starting with the cruise on Friday, Saturday, and a few more Sunday morning. Attendance was down from previous years but over 600 cars showed up on Saturday in spite of the weather conditions. While our northern friends were battling snow and freezing weather we put on our sweaters and embraced the low 60 degree temps throughout the weekend in central Florida (LOL). Always a good time and great to see my Florida Team Shelby Buddies again as always. :salute:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10203565887174008&type=1&l=45af2206c8

A grand time at the Springs! Good to see everyone and spend a wonderful weekend driving/looking at cars, conversing around the Shelbys, visiting and chatting with friends, eating to much food and yes, drinking a trifle to much! Hope everyone made it safely home!

Some one-liner comments:

"Did the girls go home?"

"How can you tell when a moth has gas? They fly in a straight line!"

"Yes, they're the 101st Airborne Ant Division."

Digital recreation of the "Blazing Saddles" campfire scene...

"It's dangerous to fall asleep around here."

"$5.00 for a 6 ounce beer?"

"Pumperknickel!"

Good friends and good times - thanks eveybody!

Sam

Sunday Afternoon (around 1:00pm) I was talking with a Friend as we watched Cars leaving early and Rick walking around checking to see if all the Winners were still there, I made the comment: I can't believe that Rick hasn't decided to end the "Two Day" Show and make it just a Saturday Show, it would save him a lot of Money. By 1:00pm, only about a Third of the Vehicles were there, if that many. It was as if Rick heard me, as when they started the Awards portion of the Event, Derick asked us if we think they should continue making this a Two Day Show or if it would be best to just make it a Saturday Show since so many Cars have left already. They are seriously considering a Saturday Only Show. The 2016 Show will be the Weekend of January 9th & 10th BUT he said it may be just the 9Th, he will let us know.

Sunday Afternoon (around 1:00pm) I was talking with a Friend as we watched Cars leaving early and Rick walking around checking to see if all the Winners were still there, I made the comment: I can't believe that Rick hasn't decided to end the "Two Day" Show and make it just a Saturday Show, it would save him a lot of Money. By 1:00pm, only about a Third of the Vehicles were there, if that many. It was as if Rick heard me, as when they started the Awards portion of the Event, Derick asked us if we think they should continue making this a Two Day Show or if it would be best to just make it a Saturday Show since so many Cars have left already. They are seriously considering a Saturday Only Show. The 2016 Show will be the Weekend of January 9th & 10th BUT he said it may be just the 9Th, he will let us know.

Interesting, would they would still do the Friday cruise to Cedar Key?

I go on Saturday and Sunday each year but usually leave around noon on Sunday for the long ride back home (about 350 miles). I'm not there for a trophy and the lack of detailing I do to my car shows. I'm just paying for a nice parking spot to look at all the nice cars. I think many people, like me, like the idea of a "3-day show" if they are going to drive a long distance to attend. While attendance was down this year, I think it was more a perception of what the travel weather was going to be. We even had snow flurries coming through Jacksonville on Thursday on the way down and things like that I'm sure kept many of our more northerly friends away. I'll probably continue to attend just to see some of my Florida Shelby buddies if nothing else and do the cruise but I do think it may hurt overall attendance.

I could deal with a one day show, three day event format. I like the pony-trail ride on Friday, with the show on Saturday. Sunday has been a different animal, and as we've seen, attendance is usually less than half of Saturdays. Many of us have to get back home to the real world, so leaving early is the rule of the day - trophy or not. (Note that if you're not there to receive your trophy, it goes to the 2nd, 3rd, etc. contender) Even one day shows have the same problem of people needing to leave early, so that brings me back to the one day show, three day event format. I'd suggest they keep the pony-trail ride on Friday, do the show and awards on Saturday, then offer up some other event to keep people around Saturday night late, (like a big party, cruise-in, BBQ, or whatever), and then folks can sleep late and leave Sunday at their leisure.

I want to keep the three day format just to give me a little time to recover from the hangover before heading home!

PS: The show flyer says it's "just for fun", so in reality, maybe the awards aren't necessary at all!

Sam

I could deal with a one day show, three day event format. I like the pony-trail ride on Friday, with the show on Saturday. Sunday has been a different animal, and as we've seen, attendance is usually less than half of Saturdays. Many of us have to get back home to the real world, so leaving early is the rule of the day - trophy or not. (Note that if you're not there to receive your trophy, it goes to the 2nd, 3rd, etc. contender) Even one day shows have the same problem of people needing to leave early, so that brings me back to the one day show, three day event format. I'd suggest they keep the pony-trail ride on Friday, do the show and awards on Saturday, then offer up some other event to keep people around Saturday night late, (like a big party, cruise-in, BBQ, or whatever), and then folks can sleep late and leave Sunday at their leisure.

I want to keep the three day format just to give me a little time to recover from the hangover before heading home!

PS: The show flyer says it's "just for fun", so in reality, maybe the awards aren't necessary at all!

Sam

Rick put on a BBQ a few Years back with a Live Band to. It was GRERAT, the place filled up and you could barely move around. He didn't expect that many people to so up. It would be nice to do that at the Park after the Cruise for those who Pre-Registered and let those that wanted to already put their Cars in the Park and leave them. Since I stay across the Street, I would not mind leaving my Car in the Park Friday Night since I leave it there Saturday Night anyway.

Archived