TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brakes

SupermanShelby

Don't be too hooked on keeping the Brembo name on the caliper. not worth it since they don't make the application for the rear. I was looking for that as well and then decided to go Wilwood instead. Never looked back. More clearance with the Wilwood's as well.

• 1 month later...

I had a same debate myself about 5 years ago. As others mentioned, It can't be really possible for some reasons. Sorry.

Why don't you consider one of those from shelby wilwood or shelby baer 6p? I would say the wilwood would be the most economical

way to insure both performance and look.

I have both front and rear(haven't put the rear one yet) baer extreme set. It's much more stiffer than 08 stock brembos.

I also heard lots of good things about shelby/wilwood set so you can probably consider that. Plus, it's much cheaper for both front and rear

set than the baer one. BTW, I have 08 blue GT500 with very similar looking of 08 Vista Blue KR. I have Silver baer front calipers on the

car, and blue rear baer that is going to be on. Thus, it will be un-matching front and rear caliper colors. :( I will see how it come out as a whole

picture tho.

Jason C.

If it's performance you're looking for the 2013 GT500 rear brake setup is more robust and can be purchased for your car here;

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-2552AAK/Mustang-2013-GT500-Rear-Brake-Upgrade-Kit-05-14

The axle needs to be pulled to perform this though so not sure if you're comfortable doing it yourself.

If it's just cosmetic then you could go with something like the Wilwood setup.

If it's performance you're looking for the 2013 GT500 rear brake setup is more robust and can be purchased for your car here;

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-2552AAK/Mustang-2013-GT500-Rear-Brake-Upgrade-Kit-05-14

The axle needs to be pulled to perform this though so not sure if you're comfortable doing it yourself.

If it's just cosmetic then you could go with something like the Wilwood setup.

I have this on the way so will let you know how it works pout on my 2007. I only ordered the discs plus adapters to fit the calipers on my axle. I didn't order new calipers as they have the same part number. If my calipers don't fit I will have to buy new ones.

After fitting my watts link it's a shame to remove it all to pull the axles but winter's on the way and I'll have some time to work on it...

Malc

I had a same debate myself about 5 years ago. As others mentioned, It can't be really possible for some reasons. Sorry.

Why don't you consider one of those from shelby wilwood or shelby baer 6p? I would say the wilwood would be the most economical

way to insure both performance and look.

I have both front and rear(haven't put the rear one yet) baer extreme set. It's much more stiffer than 08 stock brembos.

I also heard lots of good things about shelby/wilwood set so you can probably consider that. Plus, it's much cheaper for both front and rear

set than the baer one. BTW, I have 08 blue GT500 with very similar looking of 08 Vista Blue KR. I have Silver baer front calipers on the

car, and blue rear baer that is going to be on. Thus, it will be un-matching front and rear caliper colors. :( I will see how it come out as a whole

picture tho.

Jason C.

Jason - If you decide to match either the front color or the rear color, Baer will refinish them to match.........just an FYI.

R

Jason - If you decide to match either the front color or the rear color, Baer will refinish them to match.........just an FYI.

R

Wow. That is amazing to know. I had bad experience with re-powdercoating calipers to change the color. The new coating job has been done very nicely as if it was just got out from the Baer factory. Unfortunately, however, both calipers started to leak directly from the cylinder bores after while then. In disassemble/assemble procedures, the coater must be done something wrong with the calipers. My position was also very hard to question him about the issue as well because the issue was developed after a while. Thus, I blown out about $4000 at my expense :puppy_kiss: .

That's why I never wanted to do caliper color changing anymore again. However, if Baer can do it, that's something whole different story. Thanks for that Robert.

By the way, do you know how much it would cost approximately for a set? Has anyone done it thru Baer?

Jason C.

Wow. That is amazing to know. I had bad experience with re-powdercoating calipers to change the color. The new coating job has been done very nicely as if it was just got out from the Baer factory. Unfortunately, however, both calipers started to leak directly from the cylinder bores after while then. In disassemble/assemble procedures, the coater must be done something wrong with the calipers. My position was also very hard to question him about the issue as well because the issue was developed after a while. Thus, I blown out about $4000 at my expense :puppy_kiss: .

That's why I never wanted to do caliper color changing anymore again. However, if Baer can do it, that's something whole different story. Thanks for that Robert.

By the way, do you know how much it would cost approximately for a set? Has anyone done it thru Baer?

Jason C.

I had one caliper refinished, and all bleeder screw holes updated with the latest sealing inserts, but I also bought the 14" to 15" Baer Extreme rotor upgrade. I think my total was $1400? or so, the 15" Extreme upgrade was $900+ all by itself, so the other work was $400 or so? I think shipping was in there also, maybe the bill was closer to $1500........

R

Archived