TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stumbled On This

Just to last me till I can afford to paint them on. The ones from Shelby are nice but if these are 99.9% like the Shelby Ones I thought I might pick them up and save $700. Do these come anywhere close to the originals? I can't tell the owner before me left the car in the sun and they are faded so bad they look a yellowish color.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181309428556

Thanks,

Francis

I wonder how accurate the cut is around the license plate on the rear bumper. The picture cuts it off so you can't see if it's close to the Shelby gt stripes on the lower rear bumper.

Yeah I see that as well. The good thing is that they give you a long piece of extra vinyl so you can make it longer or shorter if need be. I might pick them up and try them out. I see that 6 are already sold. I wander if any other SGT's bought the stripes. Would be very interested in seeing how they fit.

Thanks,

Francis

The seller said that these are 7 year outdoor durable and that he had 10 year for $60 more and 10 year with built in clear coat for $369. If I do vinyl again I sure want to make sure it will last, I'm on my second set and they are toast with the dreaded stripe rust.

The seller said that these are 7 year outdoor durable and that he had 10 year for $60 more and 10 year with built in clear coat for $369. If I do vinyl again I sure want to make sure it will last, I'm on my second set and they are toast with the dreaded stripe rust.

Hey ledfoot73,

did you buy a set? I just talked to them as well and they said they are negotiable on their prices! If I do get them, I probably will just get the 7 year and wax them like I do the car. Should last quite awhile especially with it being a Sunday driver.

Thank you for your time,

-Francis

Not yet, I am still trying to figure out what I want to do. I would like to go paint but it's expensive and I would hate for them to screw it up. When posted these I thought I would check them out. Still need to ask about the taping around the license plate.

Not yet, I am still trying to figure out what I want to do. I would like to go paint but it's expensive and I would hate for them to screw it up. When posted these I thought I would check them out. Still need to ask about the taping around the license plate.

ledfoot73,

SAME HERE! Paint is really expensive compared to vinyl but in the end that's what I want to do is paint. But if these stripes can last me 7 years (car is garaged and driven once a week only on dry roads) than that will give me plenty of time to save up for paint and search for a nice shop to bring the car too. I just bought the stripes. The shop is negotiable on the price. The ETA of the stripes between Aug 26th and Sept 2. Once they are in, ill take a look at them. I don't think they will cover inside where the plate is but on the outside(like ours are now) as getting them on the inside is pretty hard.

Thanks,

Francis

Archived