TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Hertz Burn Out Fun In Las Vegas Rental A Few Years Ago Names Will Be Withheld To Protect The Guilty

jwestercamp

actually that was my buddy we took turns. The poor bastard at Hertz made the mistake of telling us this was the last rental the car was gaining on before going to auction, and asked us if we wanted to buy the rental insurance just in case we totaled it. we said not only yes but hell yes. We beat that poor car like it owed us money. It was an immature blast. we had to stop doing burnouts the belts started showing and we had 30 miles back to vegas

CSM 06H0050 has a U-tube video with some spirited driving. That said, the car is solid with no issues since I purchased it back in 2007. Happened in 1966, why would you think it did not happen in 2006 or 2007 program. It's the Shelby name that's brings the racer out of folks. Right or wrong it happened. Share a CSM number so the owner can put it with the history of the car. Carroll is looking down and saying "now that's what I call a rental car". All good as long as it received no mechanical damage. Tires come & go!

CSM 06H0050 has a U-tube video with some spirited driving. That said, the car is solid with no issues since I purchased it back in 2007. Happened in 1966, why would you think it did not happen in 2006 or 2007 program. It's the Shelby name that's brings the racer out of folks. Right or wrong it happened. Share a CSM number so the owner can put it with the history of the car. Carroll is looking down and saying "now that's what I call a rental car". All good as long as it received no mechanical damage. Tires come & go!

+1 ... it is what it is and makes me appreciate my car even more.

well if you check one of my other thread s in the gth lost and found i think there is a csm number on this car, i also rented 06gth450 if anyone has that car. there were a few other videos that didn't survive the phone going in the pool later that night at the hotel after a few beers. One was a little ouch playing drift in the gravel which came to an abrupt stop when one wheel caught the asphalt

Seriously?? a little burn out doesn't scare me a bit! Crashes are a whole different story.

I wish I knew more of the history of my GT-H. I don't even know where it was rented...

A CarFax report should give you an idea on its starting location. Keep in mind that Rental cars do get moved around but the original state it was title in will give you a start.

Steve

Seriously?? a little burn out doesn't scare me a bit! Crashes are a whole different story.

I wish I knew more of the history of my GT-H. I don't even know where it was rented...

CSM 06H0050 was a rental at McCarren Airport Las Vegas. One of our own TS members was the first renter with 6 miles and returned it with 89 or so miles. That said did you request your info from HERTZ? They put a whole packet together for the private owner with window sticker, check lists, Shelby invoice etc.

CSM 06H0050 was a rental at McCarren Airport Las Vegas. One of our own TS members was the first renter with 6 miles and returned it with 89 or so miles. That said did you request your info from HERTZ? They put a whole packet together for the private owner with window sticker, check lists, Shelby invoice etc.

Thanks 0050, I do have the package from Hertz, I just never really looked at where the car came from. I guess that should be my first check. I do know it was auctioned in Seattle, and purchased by a friend of mine here who owns a dealership. He knew he was buying it for me. The car only had 9000 miles on it.

Archived