TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Abilene Tx

Anyone live in Abilene or around there? Just got notification that I will be going there next. Have to report in Nov of this year.

Yeah, I"ve been there. My (ex) brother in law lived in Ty, which is *right* next to Abilene. Literally. As in, connected to it.

I went there to pick up his vehicles and go through his house (trailer) when he died. Real nice place to visit. <AHEM!>

It's a real nice place to be from....FAR FROM. What a shit hole. I will NEVER go back there again. My friends son just got a full ride scholarship at Abilene Christian. My condolences!

I hated every minute of my visit. I was literally SOAKED in sweat just standing in the shade. Then a couple of wasps decided to light my arm on fire.

I assume you are in the USAF?

Phill

Phill,

Yes I am in the Air Force. I'm a recruiter so I won't be working on the base. I will have an office in the community. Sorry to hear you didn't like it. Hope it works out better for me. As far as the heat I grew up in Barstow ca and have spent plenty of time in sand box's around the world. Thanks for the info.

V/R, James

Phill,

Yes I am in the Air Force. I'm a recruiter so I won't be working on the base. I will have an office in the community. Sorry to hear you didn't like it. Hope it works out better for me. As far as the heat I grew up in Barstow ca and have spent plenty of time in sand box's around the world. Thanks for the info.

V/R, James

I hated it so much I was offered my BIL's (paid for) property and mobile home, for FREE and I turned it down!

I didn't get to see much of "downtown" Abilene but more to the western edge and area. My bud whose son is going there said he liked it, even after I polluted his mind with my experience.

And the heat isn't anything like Barsto/Ft. Irwin. I go there often. Seriously, I was SOAKED (able to wring out my shirt) just from standing in the shade. Not working in it, STANDING in it.

BLECH!

YMMV,

Phill

Abilene is halfway between Midland-Odessa and Dallas-Ft. Worth. A couple of Shelbyites in Odessa area and a lot in the Dallas area. They seem to be very active! Good luck and thank you for your service to our great nation :-)

Hey James!!!

Man oh man....,it's been quite some time since I saw you post.

As was said, Thank You for your service to our great country sir!! :salute:

And as for Abilene, I can't remember ever even driving through it. I have driven across Texas a few times in my life, and can't remember anything "good" about it!

:hide:

J/K :lol:

Good luck to you buddy!

Chris

Abilene is halfway between Midland-Odessa and Dallas-Ft. Worth. A couple of Shelbyites in Odessa area and a lot in the Dallas area. They seem to be very active! Good luck and thank you for your service to our great nation :-)

Thanks brother. It is my pleasure to searve.

Hey James!!!

Man oh man....,it's been quite some time since I saw you post.

As was said, Thank You for your service to our great country sir!! :salute:

And as for Abilene, I can't remember ever even driving through it. I have driven across Texas a few times in my life, and can't remember anything "good" about it!

:hide:

J/K :lol:

Good luck to you buddy!

Chris

Thanks Chris... I lived in San Antonio for 5.5 years so looking forward to getting back to Tx. I have been lurking just not real active on the forums. Still loving my bycicle by the way! If you ever drive through tx again look me up brother.

V/R,

James

Wow.

While Abilene may not be the most exciting city in Texas, it's full of terrific people. As for the heat; we keep it hot on purpose. It keeps the riffraff out.

I'm not sure about the Shelby scene in Abilene, but Fort Worth is an easy drive and you are welcome to join us anytime. You just missed the Legacy Bank event but it will be back next year.

Welcome back to Texas James.

Well I hope you enjoyed your short stay in CA. Good luck in your next assignment and as always...Thank You for Your Service!

John

+1... :salute:

James,

Before you leave, join us for the DenBeste open house coming up next month and spend a few days in wine country.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/85219-2014-denbeste-motorsports-open-house-july-12th-2014/

+1... :salute:

James,

Before you leave, join us for the DenBeste open house coming up next month and spend a few days in wine country.

Wish I could, I have to drive down to LAX that day to pick up my son.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/85219-2014-denbeste-motorsports-open-house-july-12th-2014/

Wow.

While Abilene may not be the most exciting city in Texas, it's full of terrific people. As for the heat; we keep it hot on purpuse. It keeps the riffraff out.

I'm not sure about the Shelby scene in Abilene, but Fort Worth is an easy drive and you are welcome to join us anytime. You just missed the Legacy Bank event but it will be back next year.

Welcome back to Texas James.

Thanks brother.... Can't wait. Only down fall I have seen is they don't have 93 octane in Abilene.

If you are running pretty much stock the 91 octane will be alright.

Not anywhere close to stock but my tune is set up for 91 ca crap gas so no biggie. I was just looking forward to getting 93 at the pump again. Thx for the the heads up.

Not anywhere close to stock but my tune is set up for 91 ca crap gas so no biggie. I was just looking forward to getting 93 at the pump again. Thx for the the heads up.

You gotta move on down here to Houston to get the good stuff :-)

Archived