TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby Gt500 Se #'s

KimJ.Miller

• 2 weeks later...

Reason wondering on #'s is I have the White/Blue stripe car Shelby used for advertisement brochure, car #21. Opted for this because already had 2 SS's and wanted a Shelby conversion that retained origional White/Blue stripe combination. Optional motor upgrade, short throw shifter, chrome wheels, 4 wheel blue brake upgrade, Shelby signed. Never driven since being picked up, 100 miles. Shelby said "This could be a Sleeper".

I friend of mine has an SE as well. I think his is #20. They are great cars, I like them better than than a SS. A great head turner and talking point at car shows.

2008/09 owners that wanted a 40th Anniversary (2007 only) were offered the SE as an alternative and were near identical 'sept for the stripes. wheels and badging (and a couple of other items). This car looks better in person than in the photo's IMO.

• 5 months later...

I have a 2009. CSM09SE0021. Shown and tracked at The Bash twice, in 2010 (yes, pulled over by CHP on The Run, too) and 2011. I cut my teeth on the track in this car, special thanks to Manny Samaniego and Scott Hubbard. Shown at Dearborn 2014.

Reason wondering on #'s is I have the White/Blue stripe car Shelby used for advertisement brochure, car #21. Opted for this because already had 2 SS's and wanted a Shelby conversion that retained origional White/Blue stripe combination. Optional motor upgrade, short throw shifter, chrome wheels, 4 wheel blue brake upgrade, Shelby signed. Never driven since being picked up, 100 miles. Shelby said "This could be a Sleeper".

I have a 2009. CSM09SE0021. Shown and tracked at The Bash twice, in 2010 (yes, pulled over by CHP on The Run, too) and 2011. I cut my teeth on the track in this car, special thanks to Manny Samaniego and Scott Hubbard. Shown at Dearborn 2014.

Two #021 cars..... Hmmmmm... :headscratch:

Two #021 cars..... Hmmmmm... :headscratch:

The OP was asking about a 2008 SE not knowing it was a 2 Year run (o8 & 09) which meant his is an 2008 model. Then Valvedaddy chimes in saying he has 2009 model with same Number (21) Two different Year Models. Pretty cool that both Car owners are on here.

• 2 months later...

Technically still available, although its been a while since we've built one.

Steve

Maybe it would be a good idea to add a List of "ALL" the Packages still being offered on the Website. There used to be a Photo & Link for the 1967 Terlingua Coupes being offered thru SAI and that is gone, are they still being offered? Also, I noticed that there are no more TERLINGUA stuff being offered, Decals, Key Chains, Hat Pins, etc. Are there plans to bring any of that back?

Special Edition...I believe

Yes. Special Edition.

Kind of like a "Super Snake Jr.".

Phill

• 10 months later...

It may have been you I met at the 2010 bash if your SE was a white one. You were cleaning it at the track and I came up to you and talked about the package. You were surprised that I knew about the SE package. That's when I told you I had some input on it. SAI used about 85% of my ideas on the package but left out a few biggies (CAI, Shifter, and a few more items that I can't think of off the top of my head.) I would have to dig up some old emails between Amy and myself.

• 1 year later...
We picked up this Shelby in December from a local estate. My son was friends with the owner who passed away. Today I got ahold of Shelby America to inquire as to the population numbers. The GT 500 SE models were only made during the 2008-2009 production runs. They haven't been built since then. I was told that because the cars had to be fitted with SE add-ons which normally included badges, etc. Not many people wanted to go through the hassle. As it turns out, this car was sent to Tasca in RI to have the SE work done. The previous owner also had over $18,000 worth of extras added to it. Blower pulley, Borla exhaust, Alcoa Super Snake wheels, etc.. The gentleman at Shelby America told me that the car was already registered, so I just changed over as the second owner. He did a complete search based on the VIN info and found that only four(4) were made. This is the only one in the Red/White stripe combo. This was the info I was given by Shelby America based upon the info they have. I hope this might give some insight as per questions about the Shelby GT 500 SE model.

SE side shot

SE Engine Plaque

SE Rear Emblem

SE Front Grille Emblem

SE Interior Plaque

SE Door Sill

We picked up this Shelby in December from a local estate. My son was friends with the owner who passed away. Today I got ahold of Shelby America to inquire as to the population numbers. The GT 500 SE models were only made during the 2008-2009 production runs. They haven't been built since then. I was told that because the cars had to be fitted with SE add-ons which normally included badges, etc. Not many people wanted to go through the hassle. As it turns out, this car was sent to Tasca in RI to have the SE work done. The previous owner also had over $18,000 worth of extras added to it. Blower pulley, Borla exhaust, Alcoa Super Snake wheels, etc.. The gentleman at Shelby America told me that the car was already registered, so I just changed over as the second owner. He did a complete search based on the VIN info and found that only four(4) were made. This is the only one in the Red/White stripe combo. This was the info I was given by Shelby America based upon the info they have. I hope this might give some insight as per questions about the Shelby GT 500 SE model.

Davegt500se, that would have been me that you spoke with. Glad you found the Team Shelby website. You probably found it already but below is a link to a pinned thread here on TS showing the GT500SE build breakdown.

Steve

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/91167-shelby-gt500se-build-numbers-2008-09/

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome ! I follow this forum closely because the GT500SE is dear to me. Reason being, I was the one who was in contact with Amy Boylan over the inception of the GT500SE. At the time, I owned a 2008 GT500 and was frustrated (as well as many other 08/09 owners) that an affordable up fitter package was not available to us. At the time, our only option was the more expensive SS package. We wanted a package that was more in line with the price of the "40th Anniversary" offered to 2007 owners. I wrote Amy an email and she responded. She told me to spearhead it and come up with something but to keep it private. I gave her a detailed email with a list of parts and reasons for each. When Shelby introduced the package, they utilized 85% of my recommendations, the biggest being the "SE" (Special Edition) designation.

I have copies of the email exchange somewhere.

Ok, I found an email and took a few screen shots.

As you can see, as an owner of a 2008 GT500 at the time, I was more concerned with the suspension and exhaust as opposed to more HP when it came to "performance". I didn't feel the need for a different blower or more HP.

I also wanted the package to be more sleek and ninja like. I'm NOT a fan of "bling" and wanted to incorporate more body color, or flat black accents.

post-11668-0-63381900-1489627591_thumb.jpg

post-11668-0-16202100-1489627607_thumb.jpg

post-11668-0-27330600-1489627622_thumb.jpg

Archived