TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Guys Event @ Sebring- May 23-25

silversurfer

This is a great event put on by Track Guys. They drive all the way from out west. It is mostly a Mustang event but all cars may register. Hopefully they are still open. Dell puts this on and I believe he is also doing the LVMS event for the 50th, or Track Guys at least. I did Sebring last year with them and it was fantastic. A raffle and other goodies not to mention over 2 hours of track time on Sebring each day. Sign up on MotorsportsReg.com!

The rollbar rule varies from location to location, as well as the event itself. I know that Roebling Road up near Savannah will allow verts with no rollbar, (just ask AndyGJ), but I believe it has to be a private event, not a commercially sponsored one! Probably something to do with who is paying for and or accepting the liability.

Sam

Frank, its fun to watch for a while. Would love to go out and run some...but I choose the convertible...will live with the choice.

And a good choice a vert is Jim!

I would install a roll bar if I didn't have to chop up the interior to do it.

Hi guys,

I am planning on coming to the Track Guys event at Sebring in May and was wondering if there is a hotel where everybody is staying at?

Any recommendation?

I will be leaving from West Palm Beach on Friday so if anybody is driving on the same road let me know...

Sebastien.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am planning on coming to the Track Guys event at Sebring in May and was wondering if there is a hotel where everybody is staying at?

Any recommendation?

I will be leaving from West Palm Beach on Friday so if anybody is driving on the same road let me know...

Sebastien.

Most folks stay at the Chateau Elan at the track. You cannot beat the convenience.

They have issues with convertibles...and no roll bar....would love to track car to learn before I would commit to a rollbar.....

One of the reasons for the roll bar rule is no instructor would get into a convertible without one.

We also have folks complain that the roof must be up as well as they think it offers no protection.

I can tell you it keeps a lot of debris off you when the driver goes off track.

A number of rental car companies rent Mustang GT's. I had one at the 50th in Vegas and used to run V6 Mustangs from Tampa when I flew in for a Sebring event.

Just buy a set of front brake pads to install in case the existing ones wear out. Turn off the Advance Trac so the rears don't vaporise in a single session. For under $200 you can get one from Orlando for the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived