TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some Kinda Rattle I Can't Seem To Find...

OsirisGT500

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a rattle right behind my drivers seat and it turned out to be the C&L metal air tube hitting the shock tower, made an adjustment of tube and added some rubber that the tube would hit and problem solved, it drove me nuts :worship:

I had a rattle right behind my drivers seat and it turned out to be the C&L metal air tube...<SNIP>

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "C&L metal air tube"???

I know quite a bit about cars and that one escapes me.

Phill

I've been following this build from the beginning. I was afraid to ask about it since it seems like the shop is taking more than their sweet time with it and I didn't want to rub salt in the OP's wounds. Hopefully the cars finished and he just hadn't had time to post because he's too busy driving it.

• 2 weeks later...

Was on a trip, just got back yesterday. Helped a friend pick up his 1st car from his parents home in Detroit. Long trip, towed it home. Before I left he said end of next month but I fear it's just more empty promises. I'm gonna go up sometime this week and check up on things.

• 5 weeks later...

Bring it up to Sonoma Raceway and either talk to Filip @ Cortex Racing , Darrell Anderson @ AV8, or Kertz Fabrication. PM me if you need contact information - the PWC group is going to be @ Sonoma Raceway this weekend running with the IndyCar Series Races.

I got a very uninformed very not official quote from Dean Martin. He's a little farther away even though he's at Cortex right now. I'll call up there in a few after I get a WTF talk in again with where the car is.

Well some progress... lets see if it keeps up.

Cobra%20Build%2013.jpg

Cobra%20Build%2014.jpg

Cobra%20Build%2015.jpg

I cut some of the engine harness up due to duplicate plugs because of the stock coyote engine harness and the ford racing controls pack. Made some decisions where the oil accumulator and trans radiator and power steering radiator will go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Still slow as all hell. I lost a girlfriend over the depression of not having my car for 2.5 years. My depression seems to have motivated him a bit but he still takes care of 5 or 6 AI cars too soooo usual stuff. Fuel is plumbed, oil is plumbed. Need wiring and brake plumbing.

Cobra%20Build%2025.jpg

Cobra%20Build%2024.jpg

Cobra%20Build%2027.jpg

Cobra%20Build%2026.jpg

The work is way better than any of the cars I have seen him service. The price left to pay is a fraction of what I have seen people charge for the work that is left. Supposedly Tony Rivera who races in PWC will be finishing the car soon. He works at the shop now. I'm heading back up tomorrow to check on stuff. I am heading with them to COTA to help out this weekend. At least that should be fun.

Archived