TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Come ........ Upper Case Letters...........?

Wasn't always that way and I agree it looks funny seeing: Gth, Cs6, Sai, etc.

I've also noticed that you can't search for three letter words like oil or GTH.

The good news is that the Team Shelby website is more stable than its ever been, don't miss those crashes at all ;)

Steve

agreed, it runs better, but frankly, the significant loss of content at the last update was lame.........

the No Topic Thread lost over 400 pages of posts......

I emailed the SA administrator about the lost content but no one ever bothered to get back to me.

so yeah, bravo, the site runs better.........

agreed, it runs better, but frankly, the significant loss of content at the last update was lame.........

the No Topic Thread lost over 400 pages of posts......

I emailed the SA administrator about the lost content but no one ever bothered to get back to me.

so yeah, bravo, the site runs better.........

Sorry but don't know anything about that issue. How long ago those pages go missing?

Steve

Sorry but don't know anything about that issue. How long ago those pages go missing?

Steve

it happened right around the time Robert left, not that I'm blaming him, it's just the time frame I can recall.

I also thought about it and was wondering if the new update compressed the amount of info on each page and therefore allowed more posts per page it would be possible to lose pages and not content :shrug:

But really, does anyone really care? It's one of the two topics that I skip. I started reading it in the early days and the other one, and the noise on the first one and the drama on the other I figured I would never ever get back the time I spent.

Edit: Just to clarify, as much as the claim is "the internet is forever", it isn't. It might be in time if everyone kept a snapshot of everything they've ever seen (and some sites claim to be "archives") but the reality is it is a snapshot in time, and things come and go. Does anyone remember the Stang Mafia? Gone....

• 4 months later...

Well, it's been a long time we've been putting up with this. I hear Gary is looking for a web master. Maybe someone could undo the effect of the "last upgrade".

I do enjoy that at least things haven't changed for a while though... I know lots of forums that have never upgraded their forum software. As they say "change is good, you go first"... Software updates are usually best deferred. I still like Windows 2000. Just upgrading to XP.

Well, it's been a long time we've been putting up with this. I hear Gary is looking for a web master. Maybe someone could undo the effect of the "last upgrade".

I do enjoy that at least things haven't changed for a while though... I know lots of forums that have never upgraded their forum software. As they say "change is good, you go first"... Software updates are usually best deferred. I still like Windows 2000. Just upgrading to XP.

be careful what you wish for...... remember the Candyland theme..... :stop:

The internet is not forever..........or at least that is what Lois Lerner is hoping.

If they hire a webmaster would it be too much to complete the registry or should we just accept that it will never happen. It has been over 7 years we have been waiting. WE must be pretty stupid to still think it is going to happen.

Archived