TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cars And Coffee At The Concour De Elegance Amelia Island!

2007_Shelby_GT

• 2 weeks later...

It was soggy all week long, but Saturday dawned with clear blue skies and cool temperatures! It was a beautiful day with lots of beautiful cars! Here's some samples:

viper_zpsd265fcda.jpg

nsxs_zpse3a05bbf.jpg

stretchtoyota_zps37bd6cc5.jpg

Sams_zps938ee7b2.jpg

steves_zps1d052fb9.jpg

jaguar_zpse1381314.jpg

Davids_zps04b4fe30.jpg

NewVettefront_zpsca946d9a.jpg

turbine_zpsd9d7ee06.jpg

cruizers_zpsf362da20.jpg

50years_zpscd4e90d0.jpg

Amazingly enough, there were only FIVE Mustangs present! David, myself, a 65' GT350, a 2010 Vert, and a 65' Vert that I never saw! Corvettes outnumbered everything - at least 50 (of all years/models) were there, including a factory prototype Z-06.

It was a great day - I've got the sunburn to prove it!

Sam

Jim,

The Concours folks approached my club about attending - they offered us 30 spots, with restrictions - (only pre-1972 vehicles or any "sports car", no rat-rods) - then told us to send in individual applications with pictures of the cars. Only about a dozen members got accepted!

David's process was a little different, but he ended meeting with me and the club and we all drove in together. We did get a really nice spot - right next to the water and essentially the center of the show field!

Sure hope they ask us back next year!

Interesting find - check out http://www.topgear.com/uk/ click on their review of the Concours and look at the pics - see anything familiar?

Sam

Great pics Sam! it was an absolutely gorgeous day out there! The turnout for this was really good. I was disappointed that more Mustangs weren't there in light of the 50th. I am pretty sunburned too, but I drove all the way home with the top down. The ride home down A1A was really just wonderful.

Thanks to Sam and his club for allowing me to meet up with them for the morning ride in! They have some beautiful cars in his club.

I was invited by Automotive Addicts. They host Cars and Coffee in Jacksonville on the second Saturday every month at the Times-Union building. It is always a great place to see many different cars. They do a good job hosting this monthly event.

Jim,

The Concours folks approached my club about attending - they offered us 30 spots, with restrictions - (only pre-1972 vehicles or any "sports car", no rat-rods) - then told us to send in individual applications with pictures of the cars. Only about a dozen members got accepted!

David's process was a little different, but he ended meeting with me and the club and we all drove in together. We did get a really nice spot - right next to the water and essentially the center of the show field!

Sure hope they ask us back next year!

Interesting find - check out http://www.topgear.com/uk/ click on their review of the Concours and look at the pics - see anything familiar?

Sam

Great pic Sam!!!!

Great pic Sam!!!!

A buddy of mine texted the link/picture to me and told me I was "internationally famous" now! I'm a big fan of the UK Top Gear and really loved the "Scaramanga" reference, pretty hilarious!

Sam

Archived