TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csx 7000 Fia 50Th Anniversary Cobra On Order

mikeljgt500kr

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

post-9153-0-62028600-1432821848_thumb.jpg

Here we go. As you can see, had the wheels powder coated, and the tires remounted with the white lettering out. I like it although it lost some of it's bad boy look.

I like the engine and the tidy installation. May eventually have Cobra valve covers and/or air cleaner added. But 1st things 1st.

post-9153-0-91288300-1432821995_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Here is a picture of the engine and transmission before the install.

Nice clean look.

I'll let you know about the valve covers.

Also, a little confused about the Kirkham part. May I have a little more info.

Thankspost-9153-0-89582400-1432921697_thumb.jpg

Another Awesome Cobra.

No disrespect to Roush at all, but I agree the Valve Covers (and air cleaner) need to be Cobra, or the stamped Ford versions used in early cars.

I think the oil spewing is in reference to the third member.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Here is a picture of the engine and transmission before the install.

Nice clean look.

I'll let you know about the valve covers.

Also, a little confused about the Kirkham part. May I have a little more info.

Thanksattachicon.gifIMG952015040995122845951.jpg

Well, you need to check what diff they put in your car. There are several different options as I understand it.

• 1 month later...

I added a breather to my differential on CSX7070. It has a 16" rubber hose attached to the cloth/wire filter with the other hose clamped to the fitting on top of differential. The hose takes up the expansion of gear oil and the breather vents any pressure build up. I know that the diff oil can expand all the way up to the filter since I have oil that was staining the cloth.

post-14273-0-71432200-1436413860_thumb.jpg

I added a breather to my differential on CSX7070. It has a 16" rubber hose attached to the cloth/wire filter with the other hose clamped to the fitting on top of differential. The hose takes up the expansion of gear oil and the breather vents any pressure build up. I know that the diff oil can expand all the way up to the filter since I have oil that was staining the cloth.

That is what mine had when delivered. I have now gone to adding a Steeda catch-can for the diff at the end of the hose, so far no problems and no oil being spit out, and any oil that gets up into it just drains back into the diff when you stop.

http://www.modifymystang.com/2005-2014-mustang-steeda-rear-axle-catch-can-right/

Car was delivered late today. It's very nice. Drove 6 miles and put into the garage. Checked differential and Otis dripping. Looks like it is coming out of the filter element, although I didn't go under yet to look more closely. Looks like filter hangs upside down.

Any chance it will stop dripping on it's own.

Can't tell the make yet, but my guess it is the same as yours. My installer said the same, drive it some more. He relocated the breather from the passanger wheel well to underneath the car, looping back near the differential. He said it made a real mess in the wheel well. So he moved it. He said he checked everything, and it looked ok.

The fiter element hangs down from the cross frame in front of the differential. The hose goes up from the diff, to the floor in the area between the trunk and the passenger compartment , then loops back down and attaches to the cross frame.

That's almost the opposite of mine. It is routed from the diff up, at all times (no S loops like in a sink pipe), to the back of the PS wheel well and attached very high in the wheel well on the outside of the trunk, maybe 5 feet of hose. But since mine leaked too, probably no magic on where it is routed, up or down from the diff. I would say drive it and see how much it leaks out, check your level in the diff, and if it continues after about 200 miles or so, like mine did, try the catch-can. So far mine is dry after I put it on, but it does have to be mounted above the diff so it drains back.

It will be harder to see since it is puking on the ground as you drive, it will drip when you stop, but that is only a part of what is going out. I put a Zip-Lock baggie around mine at first, with some slits in it, to see how much was being thrown out. Also, when I checked the diff fill level after the first hundred miles or so it was over a cup gone from the diff.

Archived