TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csx 7000 Fia 50Th Anniversary Cobra On Order

mikeljgt500kr

David Kirkham talked with me. He sent these pics. On the Shelby FIA the can is mounted on the right side of the trunk and the hose runs through the opening that the fuel pump lines use. Pretty simple. The fitting on the diff top is a 1/2" NPT with a 6 male JIC that attaches to the metal hose. They will sell you a complete set up. (Since you already have a straight fitting on top, you may just need a hose with the bend already in it). The hose on the existing elbow is cut a couple of inches up from the elbow, and pluged with a appropriate size bolt. Then clamped. Very tidy.

I haven't had a drop of fluid make it to the can yet.

post-9153-0-68028600-1441067377_thumb.jpg

post-9153-0-75026700-1441067402_thumb.jpg

post-9153-0-65492100-1441067444_thumb.jpg

post-9153-0-31019100-1441067476_thumb.jpg

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Still no oil in the can, and I think there probably never will be. Curious though if your speedometer gauge light operates. Miy gauge light hole is blocked by the tubular frame behind the gauge. I think I could find another way to install a light.

Thanks. Mine was like that but so tight the bulb glass apparently separated from its brass base.

Just another question, Mike. The Cobra being a car unlike anything else that I've driven, from time to time squeaks or creaks They come and go and It seems to depend on outside temp or humidity .

Wonder if this is normal.

Just another question, Mike. The Cobra being a car unlike anything else that I've driven, from time to time squeaks or creaks They come and go and It seems to depend on outside temp or humidity .

Wonder if this is normal.

Yep. As time goes on they will come more than go. The 3" chassis is fairly flexible. The 4" 427 chassis does it too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We still have some salt left on the roads here. But can spend time working on a speedometer gauge light solution. Need something that won't stick out the back to far (as the tubular frame is in the way) and fits a 3/8 inch hole in the back of the speedometer.

• 1 month later...

Well Mike,you may want to make an inquiry to SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.com. They have put together Owners Manuals for the 7000 & 8000 Cobras. They have a Manual and wiring diagram specific for the 50th Anniversary FIA.

I bought both, and was very surprised to learn about how well informed they are about these cars. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Blas is the contact and you could tell him that 7994 referred you.

Well Mike,you may want to make an inquiry to SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.com. They have put together Owners Manuals for the 7000 & 8000 Cobras. They have a Manual and wiring diagram specific for the 50th Anniversary FIA.

I bought both, and was very surprised to learn about how well informed they are about these cars. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Blas is the contact and you could tell him that 7994 referred you.

Thanks, I have had one since day 1, he contacted me just before I picked it up, and it is a great product.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I can't imagine doing with out it. Actually, I can imagine since I just received the manual and have had the car since last July.

Getting to know the car very well now. (I think that's half the fun).

• 1 year later...

I

What does "Reconstructed branding on title" mean for CSX cars sold in Colorado.

It means you have a salvage title. The car was totaled and rebuilt. You would want to know who rebuilt it. As race cars it was normal to get wrecked but were rebuilt by people that knew what they are doing. A rebuilt tube frame could be dangerous if done on the cheap.

What csx number?

Archived