TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin The Smokies To Charlotte

stngfever

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, after a very stressful day the sticky tires are back on the Boss and the F1's are back in the shed. Thanks for the help guys, I had a good conversation with Vic also. I see they upped the temperatures for Tuesday and Wednesday now that I made the change.

Talked to Scott yesterday and he was on his way to Charleston with clear skies. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

In preparation for the trip, I'm installing the KR suspension and adjustable pan hard bar in the vert today. Shocks, struts, springs, sway bar, mounts.... even bought a Go Pro for the trip...

excitement is building

In preparation for the trip, I'm installing the KR suspension and adjustable pan hard bar in the vert today. Shocks, struts, springs, sway bar, mounts.... even bought a Go Pro for the trip...

excitement is building

Sounds good Frank, but you'll still have a problem keeping up with me and the sticky tires. :hysterical:

Scott is on the road.

Jeff has ordered new rotors and they are supposed to arrive on Friday. He has to install and be at my home Saturday and we head out Sunday morning.

Just dropped off my car at dealership and they are installing new SC for me.

Got confirmation that my radiator cover will be delivered on Thursday and possibly the hood extractor will be delivered same day. I should be able to get both installed prior to leaving.

Crazy wild sressful 12 days just went through. This trip cannot happen soon enough. Will be nice to have a diversion.

Picked up the stickers last night.

Safe driving all and see you Sunday.

You'll definitely be due some down time Cliff. I'm watching the weather closely to determine which day I plan to join up with you guys. I hope Monday clears up as I really want to hit the dragon again for the first time in 10 years....

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTN0398

3 Days and the fun begins............. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: 2 for Frank....... :happy feet: :happy feet:

Whoa is me , i've got 4 days till we leave for Charlotte and 5 days till i meet up with you guys in Boone. Took the Beast over to Jake and had it looked over on monday. Off to Discount tire this morning to figure out whether to get the Michelin SS or possibly the Continental Extreme Contacts. I'll probable go with Michelin.

Vic

:finger:

GPS MAPS LOADED...CHECK

CAR READY...CHECK

IHEART RADIO LOADED....CHECK (HOPEFULLY, NO F*^&KING WITH THE RADIO IN ATLANTA THIS YEAR)

CAN'T WAIT...ALMOST THERE :cool:

There you go again.......... blaming the radio............ :finger:

Installing new SC right now. Have two days to take a breath and decide what to take. Right now I know it's cash and booze. Better grab some clothes and GPS......even with GPS I will probably still be last one there. LOL

Rad cover just arrived a few hours ago. Looks great and should get it installed Saturday.

Two horses born yesterday morning and one horse born this morning. That's 4 horses in past 5 days. Only two more pregnant left on farm but they both aren't due for about 3 weeks.

Am ready to hit the road. Hope with this frantic past 13 days I don't forget something...............Boy I need this get-away.

Whoa is me , i've got 4 days till we leave for Charlotte and 5 days till i meet up with you guys in Boone. Took the Beast over to Jake and had it looked over on monday. Off to Discount tire this morning to figure out whether to get the Michelin SS or possibly the Continental Extreme Contacts. I'll probable go with Michelin.

Vic

Vic,

I have the Conti's on the GT-H. I like them, but they seem to wear quicker than the MPSS on the GT500. I expected them to last longer on a low hp car. They are a good tire, but I think you will be happier staying with the Pilot's.

Just got back from Discount Tire. Deceided on the MPSS, just one problem....there are NO 275-35ZR-18s available. Seems that Michelin has 1600 on backorder so i said "to hell with it". I just ordered new DRs for the rear and the PS2s on the front are good to go for this trip.

Vic

SC seems great. No more whine from the bad bearing issue. Also as soon as I pulled into office parking lot I installed the Radiator Cover. Looks great. Small line up problem on drivers side but still looks great.

Hopefully tomorrow the fuse box cover and hood extractor arrive and I can find time to install.

3 days..............and 3 HP faster. LOL. bite me Scott.

Just got back from Discount Tire. Deceided on the MPSS, just one problem....there are NO 275-35ZR-18s available. Seems that Michelin has 1600 on backorder so i said "to hell with it". I just ordered new DRs for the rear and the PS2s on the front are good to go for this trip.

Vic

Now you now why I was so stressed out Tuesday trying to decide which ones to go with. :swear::twister::rant2:

Sounds like the Boss and SGT'S are going to have some competition this year with all these new sticky tires and suspension upgrades from the big HP guys and one makeover for the best looker. :stirpot:

Hey Vic, did you get the DR's or the DW's? I need to replace these Nitto555's, they are really sounding like truck tires! The wahwahwahwahwahwahwah noise is really getting to me!

Really envious of you guys going on this journey!

Sam

Hood heat extractor and new fuse box cover installed.

No time to tackle putting the new CF bumper on.

Sun is shining in Michigan for first time forever. Going to do some yard work and watch the Masters and close the office for 13 days.

Happy smiles ahead.

Weather looking a little better, but still 40% chance of rain Monday. Hoping that drops a little further.... It will be a last minute decision for me at this point. Kids are on spring break and trying to balance wife's expectations, work, and meeting you guys for the journey on Monday.

Hey Vic, did you get the DR's or the DW's? I need to replace these Nitto555's, they are really sounding like truck tires! The wahwahwahwahwahwahwah noise is really getting to me!

Really envious of you guys going on this journey!

Sam

I put the 305/35ZR-18 101Y , Nitto NT 555r Drag Radial on the back, left the PS2s on the front.

Vic

Archived