TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin The Smokies To Charlotte

stngfever

Spring Fever Cruisin the Smokies is back by popular demand!

gallery_22226_698_33667.png

When: Monday 4/14/14 - Wednesday 4/16/14

Where: Starting off in Pigeon Forge, TN cruising the following roads, Blue Ridge Parkway, Moonshiner, Tail of the Dragon, Six Gap, Devils Whip, 421 the Snake, and others

Hotel Info:

Sunday 4/13

Super 8 ($52+tax)

114 Pickel Street, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 US

1-865-453-2999

Monday 4/14

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Franklin ($64+tax)

81 Allman Drive, Franklin, NC 28734 US

1-828-349-9000

Tuesday 4/15

Super 8 ($49+tax)

2419 Highway 105 South, Boone, NC 28607

1-828-264-4133

Kickoff Dinner:

Sunday 4/13 @ 7p.m.

Bennett's Pit Bar-B-Que

2910 Parkway

Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

Day 1 (Monday):

Depart Pigeon Forge, TN to Frankilin, NC for the night.

Approximately 265 smiles of scenic twisty mountain roads. http://mapq.st/1bLde64

Day 2 (Tuesday):

Depart Franklin, TN to Boone, NC (start of last years cruise)

Approximately 250 smiles of scenic twisty mountain roads. http://mapq.st/KwwFdx

Day 3 (Wednesday):

Depart Boone, NC to 50th celebration in Charlotte

Approximately 235 smiles of scenic twisty mountain roads. http://mapq.st/1gB3TmP

Feel free to join us for the fun at any stage of this trip.

If your in doubt about the fun you will have, start reading the responses on last years trip HERE

North group travel plans can be found HERE

Attending:

Scott, stngfever (Michigan) (Rooms Booked) Decals - PD

Cliff, Rumors (Michigan) (Rooms Booked) Decals - PD

Don, gt67 (Florida) (Rooms Booked) Decals - PD

Jim, 07GT500CONV (Florida) (Rooms Booked) Decals - PD

Jeff, cobramach1 (Michigan) (Rooms Booked) Decals - PD

Frank, rarecat (Florida) (Rooms Booked) Decals - PD

Bret, (Florida) (Rooms Booked)

Dave, DGGT500 (Florida) (Rooms Booked) Decals - PD

ViperNC (North Carolina)

jerseygator (New Jersey) ** tentative

Kirk (North Carolina) (Partial)

Vic, 07Naja (Florida) (Partial) Decals - PD

IMG_0300_zps54017afe.jpg

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to try to join up with you guys this year for at least one day of driving fun. Will be coming from the Charlotte area and might do an overnight. We'll see. Glad you are making this an annual event.

And when you get to Charlotte you'll want to park with Team Shelby and a whole bunch of other Mustangs in the M.O.R.E. Program. For more info email me at teamshelby.il@hotmail.com. See you all in Charlotte in April.

Scott you need to add Jeff "Cobramach1" as attending from Michigan as he confirmed with me.

I am so ready to get on the road as this snow is getting to me.

Lots of smiles to be driven.

And when you get to Charlotte you'll want to park with Team Shelby and a whole bunch of other Mustangs in the M.O.R.E. Program. For more info email me at teamshelby.il@hotmail.com. See you all in Charlotte in April.

Sent you an email today regarding the M.O.R.E. program and then saw more information on it. I am sure some of us would be interested but would like to know more (no pun intended) about it.

What a blast it was: trying to keep up with Jim's driving, Cliff's refrigerated ribs, Vic's shorts, Frank's wife's home baking, the looks on people faces as we drove by, the bikers from Europe, people wanting their picture taken sitting in our cars, and the pleasure of meeting new friends. Sorry we missed you last year, (ViperNC) but looking forward seeing you this year along with David "DGGT500", Jeff "Cobramach1" and hopefully "sportscar". Maybe this year Craig '08SGT' will stay the full time and many others will join in the fun.

Will the last one to Boone
be the last one to arrive in Pigeon Forge?

IMG_1495_zpsa28c9311-1.jpg

This year, to celebrate the 50th in Charlotte, we are working on something very special to replace last year dash plaque.

IMG_1534_zps4d7cc1c6.jpg

What a blast it was: trying to keep up with Jim's driving, Cliff's refrigerated ribs, Vic's shorts, Frank's wife's home baking, the looks on people faces as we drove by, the bikers from Europe, people wanting their picture taken sitting in our cars, and the pleasure of meeting new friends. Sorry we missed you last year, (ViperNC) but looking forward seeing you this year along with David "DGGT500", Jeff "Cobramach1" and hopefully "sportscar". Maybe this year Craig '08SGT' will stay the full time and many others will join in the fun.

Will the last one to Boone
be the last one to arrive in Pigeon Forge?
--------------That was by pure design. Scott begged me two blocks back to let him pull in first. LOL---------------

IMG_1495_zpsa28c9311-1.jpg

This year, to celebrate the 50th in Charlotte, we are working on something very special to replace last year dash plaque.

IMG_1534_zps4d7cc1c6.jpg

Sure Cliff We believe you.... :whistling:

(This year I am plugging our routes into the GPS instead of just following Scott......No I am not...... Is nice not to be the chief for a change). :shift:

I have been looking forward to this since we ended last year...COMMON April.... :shift:

I really wished I had been able to make this trip last year and am glad that I can do it this year. I'll be heading down with Cliff (Rumors). We've been talking about routes and should be posting very soon. Can't wait to get the car out and stretch it's legs soon.

Jeff, It will be good seeing you this year. If you are heading down with Cliff and Scott, be sure not to get tricked being the last one. There is no reason with all that horsepower Scott should finish ahead of you two. Remember, last one buys the first night drinks.

This could be interesting.......... :hysterical2: I'm putting my money on the horsepower...... :yup: Sorry Scott. :club:

In looking at the agenda, I'm trying to decide where I would be able to meet up with you guys. Obviously easier the further east you travel, but I have not been to the dragon in years. I may try to meet up with you on the TN side at the beginning of the dragon. Not to try to change the route, but 281, 215 and 276 are great roads in NC with tons of switch backs. It would be a deviation from the plan, but not a huge change. If I'm able to meet you at the dragon, I'll most likely peel off around the Sapphire Lakes region in NC. The run on the parkway is nice, but I've seen it a million times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina_Highway_281

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina_Highway_215

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_276

Jeff, It will be good seeing you this year. If you are heading down with Cliff and Scott, be sure not to get tricked being the last one. There is no reason with all that horsepower Scott should finish ahead of you two. Remember, last one buys the first night drinks.
This could be interesting.......... :hysterical2: I'm putting my money on the horsepower...... :yup: Sorry Scott. :club:

It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it :whistling:

Cliff still owes us first rounds from last year, in addition to the rounds he'll owe for being last again this year :slapfight:

All right you guys. I was being nice last year and if I recall I did pull the bottles out and the only one who joined me was Don and at dinner the same thing happened again. Only Don and I participated in a drink.

Since I will have the GPS this year I will know where I am going. Guess what??? Tag Jeff.......your it. I like doubles :banvictory:

Thanks for the reminder Scott, I never did get my "drink". :whistling:

Being Don and Vic are always behind me, I dont have to worry about buying.... :skateboard:

The only reason Don and I are behind you is to keep you headed in the right direction, remember Atlanta?

Vic

OK...I am set to leave on Sunday now too. May need to skip final day at 50th since it falls on Easter, but will see how things are as we get closer. I don't want to miss spending the day with my little guy if they can't fly up at the end of the week because of school.

Any thoughts about parking at the 50th? Just curious.

OK...I am set to leave on Sunday now too. May need to skip final day at 50th since it falls on Easter, but will see how things are as we get closer. I don't want to miss spending the day with my little guy if they can't fly up at the end of the week because of school.

Any thoughts about parking at the 50th? Just curious.

Another full participant :shift:

I'll be parking with Team Shelby (MCA now calling group parking M.O.R.E program).

April cannot get here soon enough.

I will posting our route from Michigan to Pigeon Forge this week with estimated times of hitting major towns for those from the North that may want to caravan down with Jeff and I on Sunday the 13th. Scott is heading down a few days earlier.

Cliff

Archived