TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin The Smokies To Charlotte

stngfever

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gator

Have seen many posts from you and I just love the picture of your car. Hope you can join us. Cliff

:hat_tip:

Gate, we had a blast last year and really looking forward to this year. Would be great if you could join us...

Just ran it by Jodene... Got good vibes! :happy feet:

Gate. If you join us you must watch out for other drivers -----besides us---- :shift: .

No dings this time. :whistling:

:bike:

:finger:

:hysterical2:

jerseygator, you won't be disappointed if you join us. Added you as tentative :victory:

I love the area. And as mentioned above... Jodene is a go. This may be a great spring fling! Stay tuned...

:hat_tip:

Just ran it by Jodene... Got good vibes! :happy feet:

:bike:

:finger:

:hysterical2:

I love the area. And as mentioned above... Jodene is a go. This may be a great spring fling! Stay tuned...

:yahoo: Would love to hang with you and Jodene again...had a great time last summer talking and spending time with both of you.

Blizzard conditions today in NC. Might be April before the parkway even opens. This is a "once every decade" storm for us. Trying to stay away from SPP's site so I don't go buy a bunch of stuff while I'm sitting here inside and bored. :punched:

Blizzard conditions today in NC. Might be April before the parkway even opens. This is a "once every decade" storm for us. Trying to stay away from SPP's site so I don't go buy a bunch of stuff while I'm sitting here inside and bored. :punched:

You don't know anything about boredom unless you live near Chicago. How about stir crazy!!! Rick Gardner

Sun is out here now and snow is melting. Washed the GT500 yesterday and she is sparkling. Supposed to be high 60's to low 70's here later this week.

I was in the garage yesterday trying to install the new battery cover from Shelby. Pain in the Arse that is. Tabs on the back rub on the firewall and the screw down in the front is so close to the tower brace strut that it is impossible to get to.

Bottom line (forgot where I was heading there for a moment) is THAT OMG IT IS FREAKING COLD UP HERE...........................

Had to leave the garage and go inside and warm up. Guess I will finish it in July. April cannot get here fast enough.

Edited for typo: ;)

I was in the garage yesterday trying to install the new battery cover from Shelby. Pain in the Arse that is. Tabs on the back rub on the firewall and the screw down in the front is so close to the tower brace strut that it is impossible to get to.

Having that much trouble with a simple battery cover, can't wait for the video of you putting on the rest of the "MakeOver" items :doh:

Something tells me this will be the first "project" in my new "man cave" this summer :sos:

I'm finally getting my act together and making my plans. Looks like Jean is out for the Dragon but might meet us in Charlotte. My buddy Bret is going to join for the Tail and Charlotte in his 95 Firebird Formula convertible (be gentle, he's planning on getting a 2015 Mustang and has owned tons of Fords). Going to book all rooms by the end of the week....looking forward to the adventure!

Frank

I'm finally getting my act together and making my plans. Looks like Jean is out for the Dragon but might meet us in Charlotte. My buddy Bret is going to join for the Tail and Charlotte in his 95 Firebird Formula convertible (be gentle, he's planning on getting a 2015 Mustang and has owned tons of Fords). Going to book all rooms by the end of the week....looking forward to the adventure!

Frank

We will not hold it against him Frank. "just kidding-sure we will". LOL. The more the merrier. Too bad about Jean as she was a lot of fun but hopefully she can meet up with us in Charlotte.

I'm considering joining you guys at the evening prior and hang out/get a hotel room. Will be a last minute call for me though..... I may just have to meet you at the beginning of the Dragon.

Frank

First and foremost we're all Car Guys and Gals!

Besides, I'm sure Cliff is belated to have a non Ford in the crowd (likely hoping it'll relieve our harrasment of his driving), think again Cliff :stop::hysterical2:

53 days til the fun begins!

Fantastic. Your friend has a great car and he will have a lot of fun and I (am sure speaking for all) look forward to meeting him, regardless what he drives. LOL. And Scott it doesn't matter if I show up late, I always get there....................

Counting down the days. Spring cannot get here fast enough.

BTW some of us have signed up for a few events at Charlotte. Jeff and I have signed up for the opening kickoff on Wed. and the Birthday bash and cruise on Friday. Other than that nothing else. Thinking of the track event as Scott assures me I can drive faster than the posted 80 for a vert with no roll bar........ He says is much nicer than me driving my trucks on the local roads doing 90. I am sure he is right.

Question: What events at Charlotte has everyone signed up for if any?

Thinking of the track event as Scott assures me I can drive faster than the posted 80 for a vert with no roll bar........ He says is much nicer than me driving my trucks on the local roads doing 90. I am sure he is right.

Going down hill being pushed by a heavy trailer doesn't count :hide: Cause we all know you don't drive that fast :poke:

While we know your car can handle it, the question is whether or not the connection between steering wheel and pedals can handle it :slapfight:

Vic, Based on your post in another thread, it appears you won't be joining us on the cruise this year? We'll certainly miss you, but we'll send any dumpster finds with Jim :thumbsup:

It's "Hurricane's" cameo appearance time!

Disregard the crappy cell with poor lighting pic (looks much better in person)

First draft of potential Spring Fever 2014 "Meatballs" (minor adjustments we're neccesary to remove some bad spots)

IMAG1678.jpg

These will be printed on removable material (a.k.a. future "Garage Art") similar to other Shelby events.

Pricing should be in the $30 range per set. Final pricing next week.

For those planning or thinking about attending this event, we want to hear your input.

Is their an interest in these being pursued?

The picture has been fixed and looks wonderful. i will post the latest and greatest on my car on monday. traveling at present and do not have with me. Looks great on the hurricane scott.

Frank

Looking forward seeing you again and meeting Bret. I will miss Jean and her cookies on the Dragon but hope to see her in Charlotte

Bottom line (forgot where I was heading there for a moment) is THAT OMG IT IS FREAKING COLD UP HERE...........................

Had to leave the garage and go inside and warm up. Guess I will finish it in July. April cannot get here fast enough.

Edited for typo: ;)

Rumor is you're doing more than a battery cover,.its more like a total conversion.

No Dumpster stuff in my ride....ship it to him...I have his address. :yup:

C' MON MAN :hysterical2:

Archived