TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin The Smokies To Charlotte

stngfever

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was his plan I am sure. I will make sure Jeff has wrong GPS coordinates and will lose him one block from hotel. LOL :whistling:

Vic was it you that had the extra tower brace? I was looking at the Shelby store today and they no longer sale them. If so please send me info on it and I will let you know if I am interested. If I recall it was single bar black.

Vic was it you that had the extra tower brace? I was looking at the Shelby store today and they no longer sale them. If so please send me info on it and I will let you know if I am interested. If I recall it was single bar black.

Cliff, That was me, I was going to change mine to what Vic has, but finances have not been there to change it yet. Other MODS are ahead of that one.

Cliff, That was me, I was going to change mine to what Vic has, but finances have not been there to change it yet. Other MODS are ahead of that one.

Could not remember if it was you Jim or Vic. Thanks and I understand.

Just ordered the Shelby Battery Cover and the GT500 Billet engine caps yesterday (black with stripes) along with a dash plaque. Haven't read up a lot on the braces, except that the resonator can be in the way on the 10-12, therefore spacers are needed along with deletion. I already did a resonator delete, however I think hose will still be in the way. Saw the braces for the Steeda and Ford Racing, however $ 499.00 for a brace is pretty steep I thought.

Vic

Scott, Don, Jeff and I are all parking in the M.O.R.E. spot and thanks I might call Steeda, but doubt it as from what I have been reading the modifications for the 2010-2012 frame work did not need braces and the only reason to get one it appears is for "eye candy", especially the 11-12 and that is why they are not being made specifically for those years. Apparantly the 10 is not as rigid as the 11-12 based on posts around the net and even if your planning on racing it doesn't appear they will add any real strength to the car.

Modifications have to be made in order to get them to fit correctly for the 11-12. At present I might just sit tight.

Michigan group will be departing Allen, MI on Sunday 4/13 @ 7a.m., should be arriving in Dayton, OH ~10:30 a.m. for fuel. Their intended route can be viewed HERE

Anyone traveling from the North or any points in between and want to join them along the route for the drive into Pigeon Forge, send rumors a p.m. with your info.

Those from the south (Florida group) looks like you'll have to plan accordingly in order to not be the last to arrive, which shouldn't be difficult considering Cliff is leading this group :hysterical3: (then again if Jim is leading the South group, this is a mute point as it sounds like you'll likely take the scenic route via Cleveland :stirpot: )

Those from the south (Florida group) looks like you'll have to plan accordingly in order to not be the last to arrive, which shouldn't be difficult considering Cliff is leading this group :hysterical3: (then again if Jim is leading the South group, this is a mute point as it sounds like you'll likely take the scenic route via Cleveland :stirpot: )

Thanks Scott, but the Southern group still beat the Northern group to the hotel last time.

I only did the excursion in Atlanta, I wanted to know how the HOV lane rode... :whistling:

Any "Hurricane" sightings planned for this event ? :whistling:

Leave it to the Red Cross to ask that :doh: (do cell phone pics count? :finger: )

Hurricane is still in a coma from it's traumatized time in Jersey, some much needed surgery to take place (hopefully) in time for 2015 track season! In the mean time Hurricane's stable mate is up to the task at hand for this trip.

Stay tuned for a cameo appearance of Hurricane in this thread :camera:

And I thought is was cold down here. :cold:

Don, your having what we northerners call a heat wave, we'd be pulling our shorts and wife beaters out of storage :hysterical2:

Hey Jim, did you get a chance to enjoy driving your Shelby with the top down today? :sunny: Let's keep the fact that it was 70's here today a secret from Scott and Cliff. :yup: I tried to email them some warm weather, but as you know, I'm not very good on the computer. :punched:

Archived