TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin The Smokies To Charlotte

stngfever

Hey Vic, did you get the DR's or the DW's? I need to replace these Nitto555's, they are really sounding like truck tires! The wahwahwahwahwahwahwah noise is really getting to me!

Really envious of you guys going on this journey!

Sam

Sam,

Sure wish you could have joined as well. Packed both of my DB shirts. I will represent well.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... I'm going to puss out. There is a line of strong storms w/ high wind and hail headed East and I hate to miss this trip, but I don't like the idea of getting caught in severe thunderstorms on the way home just for one day of driving on the twisties. I know... I suck. If you guys get to CLT and want to stop by the house, I'm about 30 minutes from the speedway. I'll have a fridge full of beer and happy to fire up the grill. Good opportunity to clean up your cars as well.

Have fun and be safe. I wish the weather was going to cooperate.

Bret, Tony and I have arrived at the Super 8 in Pigeon Forge. Having never been to this town before, I can assure you that I'll likely never come back....... its a country version of Orlando or Vegas, pure tourist trap!

BTW - I do plan to stop by the speedway for a few hours on Friday so maybe I'll catch you guys then. Hope you fellas are getting some driving in without wet roads.

Just wanted to shout out everyone and say THANK YOU for the help when the alternator went out in my car on the trip up to meet everyone.

Especially a well deserved THANK YOU to Scott for swapping batteries with me for the first day so I could enjoy one day of riding.

Thanks everyone and I really enjoyed our time together.

Great week! I will be looking forward to the next one! Funny thing is when I look at the photos I took and realize I wasn't taking enough! Thank you to all for having this event and allowing me to join in. I think I will leave my door decal on for a while so I can share how much fun I had with those who ask about it. I'll get photos downloaded to Flicker soon and if you see any in the stream you want, just let me know and I'll email the file to you.

A few pics from the mountains...and it was really just a few...sorry: https://www.flickr.com/photos/93456371@N08/sets/72157644140709576/

A lot of pics from the 50th. This stream contains pictures Vic's wife Joyce shared as well as my own. If you see any you would like, just let me know and I will share the photo file. https://www.flickr.com/photos/93456371@N08/sets/72157644182802701/

So what is the story behind the photo entitled "Dragon Scold"? Ironically, my BMW friends are going up to the Dragon this Saturday and invited me to bring the Shelby so maybe I'll get up there after all.

While spring fever cruise encountered rain for 2.5 days, resulting in cutting it short, it didn't damper the spirits for us! I'll have some videos and pics posted by the weekend. Great feedback from all that participated this year. Many thanks to all for a great time!

More info coming soon for 2015, late April timeframe.

So what is the story behind the photo entitled "Dragon Scold"? Ironically, my BMW friends are going up to the Dragon this Saturday and invited me to bring the Shelby so maybe I'll get up there after all.

Cliff got us in trouble! LOL.

We were scolded for passing a VERY slow truck.

Looks like that was THP that pulled you over. They have been combing the Dragon now for years to the extent that any sport bike or high performance car gets "extra scrutiny". We wound up sending a "scout" ahead of us a few times to let us know where the po-po was lurking and that worked out very well. They had no idea how quick we were running once we were out of sight. Wish it would have worked out for me to join you guys. Looks like you made the best of it (crappy weather and all).

Once I get the time to review photos I will let you know David. Plus same time frame goes for downloading some. Was a great trip even if the weather was not that good.

We added some new friends in David, Brent and Tony. Next year the plan is later in April or early May.

David I like your new profile picture on the dragon. Framed and lighting is just right.

As to taking pictures I only used my cell phone until Friday and that is when I brought out my nikon. The weather dampened my spirits and then breaking the tooth Thursday added to the frustration and I just didn't take the pictures I planned on.

Was a great time all and am glad all made it home safe. Will look at pictures and post some once I have the time.

Cliff

It was rain all the way home for 9 1/2 hours, 592 miles from Charlotte. All went well and was home at 3 PM. Jenny has been sick the last few days but starting to feel better. Total miles for the trip was 1772. It really felt great getting together one more time with all of you. It was a pleasure meeting Jeff who added even more smiles and David adding much needed color to the group with his blue Shelby.It was great meeting Franks friends Tony and Brent. Thanks you all and looking forward doing it again. Sturgis sounds very interesting and Cliff and I are starting to work on it.

Jim, I'm looking forward pulling next to you at a stop light again next year, :peelout: you might want to get a bigger alternator. :)

After the first hour or so Cliff and I drove out of the rain Saturday morning and it was a really nice drive the rest of the way home for us. I really enjoyed spending time with everyone and meeting and making some new friends. Hoping to do some more mountain road driving in upcoming years. Just don't schedule for the very last week of April and first couple days of May as I always have a set meeting at that time each and every year that I have to be at.

I'll try to get some of the photos posted up soon from the trip. I have most everything downloaded, but now need to process them into smaller files and upload them. I'll try to get a few videos from Thursday up too. I'm new to the video thing and have never uploaded them so will have to figure out how to make them smaller and upload them. While I grumbled about all the extra expense Cliff caused me because he wanted me to go on the track, now I'm hooked (which I knew I would be). The videos likely won't get posted for a few weeks. I just finally watched all the videos last night to find out that I must have forgotten to turn the camera on for one of the runs since I was one short. Oh well. I still got some great in car footage.

I don't get on here a great deal but you can always pm me or email me as I do respond to those relatively quickly. Even though we had a bit of rain for the week I had a blast and the company had a lot to do with that. That's what it is all about. :)

Archived