TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Hit 100K

07SGT0517

I just hit 100k this week. As a curiosity, how many of you have surpassed that milestone. The car is still running great.

I just added BMR LCA's, a Whiteline Rear Sway-Bar and BMR adjustable Panhard bar. Really tighten the rear back up. No pops, no creaks, no sqeaks.

Now I just need to change out my spark-plugs...

Guys

Let me get with Jer and the rest of the TS team and see if this dash plaque/emblem is something we can offer to TS members.

And what are your thoughts on the following:

If TS was able to offer something like this should it be limited to original owners only? Or if say if someone purchased their Shelby used with 20k miles and the car now has 100k miles would that count? Or should we hold to the 100k driven miles meaning that the used car owner with 20k existing miles would need to drive the car to 120k miles before becoming eligible.

Seems to me that TS would also want to acknowledge 100k owners with a more prestigious TS seal under their user name here on the TS website. Yes?

And along with the dash plaque/emblem it would probably be nice to have some sort of frame able certificate for the wall. Yes?

Steve

Guys

Let me get with Jer and the rest of the TS team and see if this dash plaque/emblem is something we can offer to TS members.

If TS was able to offer something like this should it be limited to original owners only? Or if say if someone purchased their Shelby used with 20k miles and the car now has 100k miles would that count? Or should we hold to the 100k driven miles meaning that the used car owner with 20k existing miles would need to drive the car to 120k miles before becoming eligible.

Seems to me that TS would also want to acknowledge 100k owners with a more prestigious TS seal under their user name here on the TS website. Yes?

And along with the dash plaque/emblem it would probably be nice to have some sort of frame able certificate for the wall. Yes?

Steve

Keep it simple, if you are a paying Team Shelby Member and your car has 100K it gets the award.

Guys

Steve

Merceded-Benz used to do this. It was not uncommon to see badges on the front grilles of cars, especially the older diesels that just went forever. If you're going to do the badges consider following the mileages they used

Wasn't Volvo doing something for a million miles?

Maybe they did it too. Mercedes form is on line:

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/highmileageaward.pdf

They do 250,000Km = 155000 miles, 500,000Km=312000 miles, 750,000Km=468000 miles, and 1,000,000Km = 625000 miles, and also 1,000,000 miles.

Maybe they did it too. Mercedes form is on line:

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/highmileageaward.pdf

They do 250,000Km = 155000 miles, 500,000Km=312000 miles, 750,000Km=468000 miles, and 1,000,000Km = 625000 miles, and also 1,000,000 miles.

From wiki:

Some car manufacturers support a "high mileage" club. For example, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz have a "High Mileage Award" program in which owners who drive 250,000, 500,000, 750,000, and 1 million kilometers are awarded with a certificate and a radiator grille badge.

This is an awesome Idea. I think the 50,000 and the 100,000 is a good idea since most people will rarely make it to 50,000 much less 100,000 and have them for every 50,000 mile increments.

It should be for Teamshelby members this would create an incentive for more Shelby owners to join TeamShelby and it would only make the club stronger and larger. Its only $50 to join so its not going to break anybody's wallet.

I think we should get some sort of coin or an emblem that could be mounted on the grill and it make it high quality and charge for them like $35 or whatever it cost to have them produced. The certificate idea is also pretty cool.

I have a few of the Terlingua Bullrun coins I love them and think they are high quality so if you made something similar that would be great.

A ford dealer could verify the mileage.

Also this should only be for cars that have been to Las Vegas or any of the other authorized mod shop. SGT's, Supersnakes, Shelby 1000, Cobras, Terlinguas, GTS, Supercharged, Shelby Focus, Shelby Raptor, Shelby F-150, 40th Anniversary's, Special edition, KR's, 427 editions, SR, CS6 and the CS8, Prudommes and last but not least the Shelby series one.

Archived