TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Fays2 Watts Link - In Blue Please!

2007_Shelby_GT

Blue Watts link late this week.

KR Diff Covers maybe Tuesday.

Jer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jer!

You guys gonna make the Amelia Island Concours this year?

Sam

I don't believe so. We are focused on our new location more than traveling this year, I think.

Of course, our Team Shelby Regional Directors may arrange a presence...

Jer

I've said this many times, but it bears repeating: This is not just for the track, it's an ESSENTIAL geometry correction that centers the rear axle, eliminates "rear steering", and really enhances the overall "feel" of the car. I felt it the moment I backed out of my driveway after installing it. A truly great mod worth every penny.

Jer

This is something I am seriously thinking about, I have had my car jump half a lane when hitting a bump under minor acceleration. I'd hate to see what would happen if I was in full boost.... :drop:

I always recommend:

Big Brakes

Watts Link

Blower

IN THAT ORDER.

Jer

looks as tho I'll be going in the reverse order.... :shrug: considering the money required for the brakes at this point.

Well, at least you did your rotors and pads, right? The stock setup is just DANGEROUS, in my opinion.

Jer

Well, at least you did your rotors and pads, right? The stock setup is just DANGEROUS, in my opinion.

Jer

I have the drilled and slotted rotors along with the Hawk pads that came with the GT/SC upgrade.... I assumed that was good to go since Shelby recommended and installed it :shrug:

I have the drilled and slotted rotors along with the Hawk pads that came with the GT/SC upgrade.... I assumed that was good to go since Shelby recommended and installed it :shrug:

I have a set of 4 piston Brembos from a 2011 GT500 for sale if you are interested in upgrading but cant afford the coin for the Extreme Brakes.

So I am about ready to pull the trigger on the Watts link but I cant find the GT500KR differential cover in the the Shelby Store, anyone have a link ?

Thanks

Andrew

KR Diff Covers are back!

http://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KRDIFF

Jer

will they clear my Razors and will I need new rotors?

They will clear +24mm offset Razors only, and do require the matching Brembo rotors.

Jer

Jer thanks for the help

Watts link and KR differential cover should be in here on Monday

Moser Axles and ARP Wheel Studs arrived today (Bearing and seal kit should arrive tomorrow)

Waiting to find 5 Benjamins lying around the house for the Eaton TruTrac ( actually sold $300 worth of stuff on S197Forum in the past couple of days so only really need 2 more)

Jer thanks for the help

Watts link and KR differential cover should be in here on Monday

Moser Axles and ARP Wheel Studs arrived today (Bearing and seal kit should arrive tomorrow)

Waiting to find 5 Benjamins lying around the house for the Eaton TruTrac ( actually sold $300 worth of stuff on S197Forum in the past couple of days so only really need 2 more)

Cool!

Did you get the Mosers from us?

Jer

I just took museum delivery (Feb. 10th) of a new 2012 GT350 and am interested in a spare set of wheels. I left Tim a message on Monday to call me but have not heard back. He's probably just a busy guy or something. Anyway, are there or will there be any available for registered owners in the future.

I just took museum delivery (Feb. 10th) of a new 2012 GT350 and am interested in a spare set of wheels. I left Tim a message on Monday to call me but have not heard back. He's probably just a busy guy or something. Anyway, are there or will there be any available for registered owners in the future.

Yes.

I'm amazed Tim hasn't called you back.

He may have referred your call to Brian Turner, who does restricted parts.

I'll find out.

Jer

Shit, I did not, didn't even think about looking in the Shelby Store for them. I am prime on Amazon and often that is the first place I look (cause of the free shipping)

Andrew

I can't blame you! As long as the price made sense...

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Watts Link delivered last Tuesday! One more thing to add to the list of items that are in the garage, but not on the car! I've got to get busy - but show season is in full swing around here and it's hard to find time!

Jer - how's the install "tips and pitfalls" coming along!?

Sam

Watts Link delivered last Tuesday! One more thing to add to the list of items that are in the garage, but not on the car! I've got to get busy - but show season is in full swing around here and it's hard to find time!

Jer - how's the install "tips and pitfalls" coming along!?

Sam

We had a customer helping us with install pix, but he's been delayed.

Call me when you're ready to install, I can explain it pretty easily.

Jer

Thanks Jer! I'm going to see if I can borrow some garage space with a lift, but more than likely, this will be a DIY shade-tree operation with ramps and a lot of groaning! (I hate getting old!)

Sam

That's how I did mine... ramps and my comfy garage floor!

Jer

Andy, we now carry ONLY the shallower 3-setting model for coupes AND convertibles. There were issues with swaybar clearances, we tested it on my car and found that the big frame could have contact on full suspension release (specifically, the "drop" on Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch's track), so the shallower Watts frame is way more compatible, fits everything.

Jer

Jer,

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these. Not to beat a dead horse...but I don't want to assume, do you know of any fitment issues with a hotchkis rear sway bar? It's funny you mention SMMR because that is where I will spend most of my track days. Also an off topic question...Will SA combine Team Shelby and military member discounts? :cool:

I don't have any info on the Hotchkiss, but thbe shallower Watts pretty much clears ANYTHING.

As for discounts, the TS discount would be all I can manage on a Watts link.

Thanks!

Jer

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The O-rings are there to aid in keeping dirt/grime out of getting into the spherical ends. You should be able to get replacements at a local hardware store. Keeping the spherical ends clean will prolong their life expectancy. You should wipe the dirt off of them occasionally and spray them off with WD-40 or something equal to it.

Archived