TEAM SHELBY FORUM

V8s?

ageishecker

The recent announcement about the revived Shelby GT and that going forward the GTS will only be a V6 model has me wondering how many V8 GTSs have been built? When will SAI stop taking orders for a V8 GTS?

Personally, I'm glad I got my GTS before this announcement. I actually prefer the GTS hood over the one on the new GT.

I feel the same way, love my hood design.

I originally wanted a 2012 GT350, but wanted the GTS hood and rear end look.

Hence I have a GTS with pretty much a GT350 underneath.

Ditto, I love the GTS hood on my V8 GTS, even considering the post wash/rain sneezing. I think the new Shelby GT hood is very .... meh!

We were thinking about ordering a second GTS for my wife but it would be a v6, our plans will not be impacted by recent developments.

Speed_Run-67_zps7aa1d62a.jpg

I wonder about the thought process involved in deciding that a model called GTS would have a smaller engine / less HP that a model called a GT. Typically, it would be the other way around, especially since the GTS has already had a V8.

The recent announcement about the revived Shelby GT and that going forward the GTS will only be a V6 model has me wondering how many V8 GTSs have been built? When will SAI stop taking orders for a V8 GTS?

Personally, I'm glad I got my GTS before this announcement. I actually prefer the GTS hood over the one on the new GT.

V8 GTS orders have already stopped being accepted. If you try to order a V8 GTS you will be directed over to the Shelby GT.

I should be able to get working on the V8 GTS number crunching after the first of the year. I suspect the final build numbers will be quite low.

Steve

V8 GTS orders have already stopped being accepted. If you try to order a V8 GTS you will be directed over to the Shelby GT.

I should be able to get working on the V8 GTS number crunching after the first of the year. I suspect the final build numbers will be quite low.

Steve

I would be interested to know the total number of V8 GTSs built. I know the 50th GTSs were limited to 50 white and 50 black, but did the build max get reached? I saw lots of 50th GT350s and Super Snakes, but only a handful of GTS. Sorry Steve... I know you all are hard at work and these questions will probably have to wait until the start of the year if you don't know off the top of your head.

I would be interested to know the total number of V8 GTSs built. I know the 50th GTSs were limited to 50 white and 50 black, but did the build max get reached? I saw lots of 50th GT350s and Super Snakes, but only a handful of GTS. Sorry Steve... I know you all are hard at work and these questions will probably have to wait until the start of the year if you don't know off the top of your head.

Nope have nothing off the top of me head and am curious myself on how it will play out. Perhaps a non 50th V8 GTS will be even rarer than a "regular" V8 GTS. I can tell you off the top of my head that the maximum production number for the 50th GTS cars was not reached.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Steve

Steve,

Anything to report on the number crunching?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived