TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SC whipple VS paxton on a SGT

• 2 months later...

LOL hey buddy, it has been a long time.. I was digging around for some stereo upgrade ideas and ran across an old TS thread. Thought I might poke around a bit while I was here. :)

Hey don't be a stranger. Some OG still around.

• 3 months later...

Which one Whipple or Paxton? Since I have owned both in the 2007 model GT/SC, and both were done at Shelby American Las Vegas here is my opinion: the Whipple is such an angry beast it is hard to vote against it. The Paxton is so well balanced it is hard to vote against it.

So it is down to launch, track adaptability, Carroll Shelby's preference, history with Paxton, appearance and of course price.

After all that I now see why Carroll chose the Paxton to be in all of the Shelby GT's blown Mustangs of 07-08. The Whipple, even though tons of angry power at low end rpm's spins the tires all the way through third gear unless you're a seasoned driver and can feather the gas pedal meticulously. Whereas the Paxton jumps right out of launch and into the power band at 2500-2800 rpm's which cuts down on wheel spin and probably gets the same or a bit less in the 1/4 mile with a driver not as seasoned. The Paxton is much more attractive in the engine bay with the polished finish with Ford blue colors on the pipes and branded Shelby by Paxton engraved on the blower with serial number and CS moniker in your face. That being said the Paxton relationship was not to be as only a handful were built and delivered before Paxton's 50 State emission were adopted illegal and thus the Whipple was introduced.

So in my vote, after driving and owning both, is the Paxton series Shelby GT.

Enjoy your cars, either one is a Best Buy and excellent addition to the driving enthusiasts collection of cars.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the Paxton w/intercooler, no belts break, been about 9 years running. Passes Illinois emissions every 2 years with custom tune.

I agree mine passed in 5 minutes with the original tuner Diablo from Shelby was done and turned on cats again. The 300 mile owner had them switched off for some reason.

This car launches off the line with not close to the wheel spin of my Whipple. Love this blower, that being said I love them both.

Archived