TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Performance Parts Wide Body Kit ON SALE!

Jer

The Shelby Wide Body Kit from SPP is ON SALE! 15% OFF! That's a $900 savings, for 7 days only!

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/wbk-1.htm

Jer

Any guesstimates on cost of qualified shop installation?

Labor quality and cost varies so much, it's tough to estimate.

You can, of course, bring the details (instruction sheet) to a shop for an estimate, may help a bit.

Jer

Jer,

If you don't mind me asking, what's the rationale behind putting these on sale? There was a time not too long ago when you couldn't produce them fast enough to meet the demand. Are you now at the point where you have excess kits you don't want to move?

Al

No, the rationale is that it's a good time to sell them, since many people won't be driving their cars at this time of year. Nice time for a mod that big.

Jer

the old story... if you have to ask......

Really?

You aren't curious?

With today's state of things, I would think most people would ask whether they can afford it or not.

FWIW, I would believe if it is not done as part of an official Super Snake upgrade, it would not be a smart thing to do if you care at all about value of the car down the road.

Really?

You aren't curious?

With today's state of things, I would think most people would ask whether they can afford it or not.

FWIW, I would believe if it is not done as part of an official Super Snake upgrade, it would not be a smart thing to do if you care at all about value of the car down the road.

That actually hasn't been a concern for anyone I've spoken with. It's no different from any other Authorized Shelby Performance Part item - there's one way to install it, and (done right), makes a car that much more unique.

As for the "done right" part, it's a snap to follow the directions, we even include the custom tool for modifying the rear fenders.

Jer

Jer, Do you guys repaint the entire car when doing it?

I like it alot, but for me, I would want it done at SAI or not at all.

Nope. Matches fine when painting just the changed areas.

Jer

Jer

The Ford colors are pretty much exact.

When I had my Shelby quarter window scoops painted I gave my painter the paint code for Kona Blue (L6). He said I'd need to bring my car to the paint shop where he works on a sunny day to get the right "variance" for L6. Then he checked his paint books and said there ARE no variants, it's Kona Blue period. He explained 'variants' as shades citing black as a example (I can attest that "black" is not necessarily BLACK) and how you can have slight shades of variance from black to black (which I experienced on a black Harley fender I touched up).

So when you paint the wide fenders L6 Kona Blue for example, they WILL match the rest of the car. My scoops match PERFECTLY as do the pre-painted side scoops I bought off of a guy on e-bay. I was concerned they could be 'off' just a tad but to my surprise, EXACT match.

My point is, there should be no need to 'blend' the fenders or a hood if someone is wondering (or scoops!).

Phill

The Ford colors are pretty much exact.

When I had my Shelby quarter window scoops painted I gave my painter the paint code for Kona Blue (L6). He said I'd need to bring my car to the paint shop where he works on a sunny day to get the right "variance" for L6. Then he checked his paint books and said there ARE no variants, it's Kona Blue period. He explained 'variants' as shades citing black as a example (I can attest that "black" is not necessarily BLACK) and how you can have slight shades of variance from black to black (which I experienced on a black Harley fender I touched up).

So when you paint the wide fenders L6 Kona Blue for example, they WILL match the rest of the car. My scoops match PERFECTLY as do the pre-painted side scoops I bought off of a guy on e-bay. I was concerned they could be 'off' just a tad but to my surprise, EXACT match.

My point is, there should be no need to 'blend' the fenders or a hood if someone is wondering (or scoops!).

Phill

Yup.

I believe my lead painter told me that the Ford colors were in the PPG computer as "Prime" formulas. Thus, no variants.

Jer

Jer

Gotta Have it Green is a tough one to match. As much as I want to believe it's just the angles and lighting, the paint does not match. Almost everyone who sees it says the same thing. It's the one thing that disappointments me with the car. Maybe I should have gone with a different color.

Archived