TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 1000 Transmission Crossmember NOW AVAILABLE!

Jer

Looks awesome Jer. Would you know if would be any problems on fitment for all stock?

The reason we specify that you will need to check pinion angle and possibly install shims is that we've never put it on a stock car.

I've never seen a car with REALLY high horsepower that was all stock, I guess! LOL

Jer

Jer, I'm amazed that you can offer these at such a great price point. Is that billet 6061-T6? And it is hard to discern from the product "disclaimer" regarding fitment, so I'll word it this way. Does this crossmember match the stock crossmember in terms of the rubber/steel transmission mount location elevation?

The only other thing is a suggestion. The powdercoating is nice, but it'd be nice if there were a "black" option. The red no doubt catches your eye, but a more subtle color fits in better (IMHO) with the rest of the underpinnings.

Tob

Cool. I've been wanting one of these since I first saw one a few years back. I can't remember who the Mfgr. is but I'd take the CS branded one over the 'stock' one just to continue with my CS theme under the car.

One question though; There is a difference between the '07-'09 and the '10 + Later transmission cross-members. Do you know if this mimics the early version or the later version?

TIA,

Phill

The only other thing is a suggestion. The powdercoating is nice, but it'd be nice if there were a "black" option. The red no doubt catches your eye, but a more subtle color fits in better (IMHO) with the rest of the underpinnings.

Me too, except the dark hammertone to match the CS (BMR) K-member and A-frames.

I did notice that if you get it in plain/nude aluminum, you subtract $40 from the price. I can get it powdercoated locally for right around that price (+/- a few bucks) so it looks like a pretty even trade.

Phill

There is a difference between the '07-'09 and the '10 + Later transmission cross-members. Do you know if this mimics the early version or the later version?

TIA,

Phill

My understanding is that there have been two different crossmember assemblies available from Ford. There was the early, '07 and the later, '08-'14. The early version had steel encased rubber mounts that interfaced with hangers on the exhaust system. Ford eliminated them after '07 (IIRC) but the crossmember has the same casting all years '07-'14.

The reason we specify that you will need to check pinion angle and possibly install shims is that we've never put it on a stock car.

I've never seen a car with REALLY high horsepower that was all stock, I guess! LOL

Jer

It all takes time, just like new products :tease: LOL

Again though, great job love it!

Jer, I'm amazed that you can offer these at such a great price point. Is that billet 6061-T6? And it is hard to discern from the product "disclaimer" regarding fitment, so I'll word it this way. Does this crossmember match the stock crossmember in terms of the rubber/steel transmission mount location elevation?

Tob

Well, this was designed to work with our K-member, hence the disclaimer. I can try to get it measured side-by-side with a stock one. I'd love to have provided that info already, but sometimes I have to choose between being too busy to provide every possible detail, and holding up a product's launch.

As for black or other colors people might request, that's why we sell it raw. To keep the inventory simple, we offer the most popular color by FAR (Red), then let people modify after that if desired.

Jer

Cool. I've been wanting one of these since I first saw one a few years back. I can't remember who the Mfgr. is but I'd take the CS branded one over the 'stock' one just to continue with my CS theme under the car.

One question though; There is a difference between the '07-'09 and the '10 + Later transmission cross-members. Do you know if this mimics the early version or the later version?

TIA,

Phill

This is for current cars, as it was designed for the Shelby 1000.

The coarse cut is made here in Vegas, all the milling, etc... is done in-house.

Jer

This is for current cars, as it was designed for the Shelby 1000.

I kind of figured that but wanted to check and make sure. I wasn't positive the S1000 was a 2010+ but remember it as such.

Thanks Jer,

The earlier versions use the cross-member to hang the exhaust header pipes with and set the transmission at a lower (or is it higher) height. There are also two sets of holes in either the 2010+ body or cross-member...I can't remember and don't want to go jack up my car to check.

There is *definitely* a difference between early S197/GT500 and later ones. I found that out the hard way.

Phill (just added one my wish list/cart)

The coarse cut is made here in Vegas, all the milling, etc... is done in-house.

It's good to hear that Shelby is doing in-house fabrication now (or more and more?).

For a college project in Manufacturing Processes (that's just a fancy name for Machine Shop) I had a project that was somewhat similar to the cross-member in that it was aluminum and needed finish work machined into it.

I had to make a sand-cast mold, smelt the raw aluminum, cast the rough blank, mill the rough to spec, turn threads into a hole, turn a shaft, turn threads onto the shaft, turn a handle, knurl the handle, etc (every step a typical machinist would need to do over time) so I know how it works.

Doing the machine process in-house is why I assume the price is what it is (low, IMO). Cut out the middle man and you can pass on the savings to the end product.

I assumed that cross-member would be MUCH more expensive than it is, when I first saw it way back when. That's a GREAT price IMHO.

And again, it's on my list. And price is one of the reasons!

Phill

Zoom up the picture of the Raw one to see the machine work. It's a cool item.

Jer

Jer, I'm amazed that you can offer these at such a great price point. Is that billet 6061-T6?

Yes.

Jer

jer need help with something ive talked to tousley ford and a section at shelby can you email me please or pm???

Email me: JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com and I'll help.

Jer

Jer

From the description of the CS K-Member, it drops the engine a 1/2" to clear a larger supercharger. You are stating that this transmission crossmember was designed to work in conjunction with your CS K -Member. Does this mean that the CS transmission crossmember lowers the rear of the transmission 1/2" at its mounting point to bring driveshaft angles back to inline to stock configuration???

If this is what you are referencing then it would also work well with a stock K-member utilizing 1/2" lowering motor mounts, such as what would be found in a 2010 to 2014 Super Snake? Am I correct in my thinking???

This would also be the reasoning to shim the transmission mounts with this crossmember installed, if you still had stock motor mounts and K-Member with the engine sitting in the original OEM location. Again am I on the right page, as far as my thinking is concerned?

The reason I ask these questions is I'm in the process of doing the KB 3.6L supercharger and it isn't clearing the SS hood sufficiently, so the engine has been dropped a 1/2" with aftermarket mounts on the stock K-member. I don't like this mod, because of possible vibrations at high driveshaft speeds. But if your S1000 transmission crossmember does what I think you're saying, then my problem is solved.

This was designed for the Shelby 1000, where we replace a LOT of the car - in the driveline alone, the K-member, driveshaft, and entire rear end are swapped out. So I can't guarantee it. However, I have 1/2" lowering mounts on a stock K-member in my car, with NO issues, so you should be OK regardless.

Jer

Archived