TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anybody know that SS-Snake 07SS0207 ?

69iger

Hello,

friend of mine would like to buy that Super Snake which is in Germany since 2009.

On his visit, he made some pictures from her. Fenders and hood are not really good installed, for us it looks like, that this car had an accident sometime. Carfax doesnt show anything.

Seller told him, that car was original made from Shelby and fenders and hood are installed from them on this way. Best would if Erik Payne (first owner) could tell us something about.

Thanks a lot,

Juergen

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

Hi Dan!

Thank you very much, it is exactly what i told my friend to do.

By the way - do you remember me? - We met us on your Europe trip last year in Stuttgart - Meilenwerk, i was the guy with the black Super Snake :-) May be we will see us on your next trip again.

Later on we had some fun of the Autobahn :-D

Juergen

Hello,

friend of mine would like to buy that Super Snake which is in Germany since 2009.

On his visit, he made some pictures from her. Fenders and hood are not really good installed, for us it looks like, that this car had an accident sometime. Carfax doesnt show anything.

Seller told him, that car was original made from Shelby and fenders and hood are installed from them on this way. Best would if Erik Payne (first owner) could tell us something about.

Thanks a lot,

Juergen

Isn't this the same one someone just reported as Salvage (Flood) damaged about 3 days ago?

Phill

I checked fenders on my SS and they have been moved a little bit too, there is also a washer installed on hood driver side.

Could be seller is telling the truth...

I will tell him to let the car check on a service station for a technical report.

Thank you very much,

Juergen

I checked fenders on my SS and they have been moved a little bit too, there is also a washer installed on hood driver side.

I will tell him to let the car check on a service station for a technical report.

Thank you very much,

Juergen

The shims on the SS hood are not unusual. They are required to make the hood fit flush.

I know of a black '12 SS that had red hood bolts put in it, then poorly covered with black paint (applied with a brush) so they apparently pull the fasteners off of all the cars they up fit, then grab 4 bolts (which may or may not be the same color) and attach the hood.

The fenders/bolts would also be moved to align the fenders with the hood. I did it on my STOCK GT500 when I noticed the seams weren't perfectly aligned.

I just saw the black SS 'vert and remembered one exactly like it just showed up being reported as a Salvage, due to Flood damage (In the USA, I believe).

Phill

Thank you very much,

Juergen

Hello Juergen,

I've seen shims on the hood but not the fender and adjusting the fender is common. Maybe a call to Gary Davis at Shelby American would be a good idea.

I do remember meeting you in Stuttgart. First thing I noticed pulling up to Meilenwerk was your beautiful Super Snake. I'm sure we'll meet up again someday on this side of the pond or yours.

• 3 weeks later...

Thx all for your comments :) , but he desided not to buy her.

...but he catched that Flood one for a good price he told me.

Juergen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan!

Thank you very much, it is exactly what i told my friend to do.

By the way - do you remember me? - We met us on your Europe trip last year in Stuttgart - Meilenwerk, i was the guy with the black Super Snake :-) May be we will see us on your next trip again.

Later on we had some fun of the Autobahn :-D

Juergen

Grusse Juergen,

I was one of the silver KR's that broke away with you on the Autobahn

Sie leben immer noch in Prag?

Habe ich ein gutes Bild von uns, die Autobahn Crew, ich muss nur noch diese zu finden

Alles das beste aus Kalifornien,

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

sure i remember - that was great fun :shift:

Would be nice to see that picture :camera:

Juergen

• 4 months later...

Hello,

i saw that you wrote about this car with flood title. My friend over here in Czech Republic bought her and he is looking for the first owner for may getting original documents.

Do you have any idea to find him or her?

Thx a lot, Juergen

Archived