TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Atlanta Motorsports Park Track Day?

grsybtch

Would be interested, but not sure they will allow a converible on the track....

Jim - I will check into the track rules for convertibles.

Steve - thanks for the bump!

Although I started with the idea of a Shelby/Boss day, I'm sure that any Mustang or SVT car should be welcome to participate. For those concerned about getting out on the open road course I'm pretty certain that an auto-X course could be incorporated. AMP has future plans to build a large skid pad area intended for HPDE & auto manufacturer testing which I think would be ideal for auto-X. I'll check into what the time frame is for that.

Tim

Albino, there is a good sized airport in Gainesville GA about 20 min away...just on the other side of Lake Lanier. We have a lake house on the AMP side of the lake. On of my best friends used to fly for ExecJet and would land a Lear class jet there to pick up the owners of the Falcons when the Rankin Smith family owned them to take them to the away games.

Hope that helps...

Andy.

I would participate and encourage you to cross post this on the MS Valley section. I have already been in correspondence with Becky Powell of AMP (becky@100mphlunch.com) regarding joining the Audi Club for their HPDE on November 16th & 17th. If you are interested in that, I'll share the reply from the Audi Club when received.

Please keep us posted and again, please keep the MS Valley region posted, as well.

Thank you.

I would participate and encourage you to cross post this on the MS Valley section. I have already been in correspondence with Becky Powell of AMP (becky@100mphlunch.com) regarding joining the Audi Club for their HPDE on November 16th & 17th. If you are interested in that, I'll share the reply from the Audi Club when received.

Please keep us posted and again, please keep the MS Valley region posted, as well.

Thank you.

Please find out if convertibles are allowed on the track.

Thanks

Please find out if convertibles are allowed on the track.

Thanks

I encourage you to contact AMP directly, as it may be run group specific or only with certain types of roll-bars, etc. An email address was provided in my previous post.

Jim - Good thing I'll have a head start!

Sam

Jim, I hate to tell you but Sam's invitation went out to him about 2+ years ago from me. So when he says good thing he will have a head start, he means it in more than one way!! LOL!

I'll be interested to see if we can get enough participation to make it a private even so we can request that the verts be allowed....I would do it as long as we all behave and agree to standard passing rules, etc. I don't ever plan to have an off pavement experience in my SGT!

Andy.

Albino, there is a good sized airport in Gainesville GA about 20 min away...just on the other side of Lake Lanier. We have a lake house on the AMP side of the lake. On of my best friends used to fly for ExecJet and would land a Lear class jet there to pick up the owners of the Falcons when the Rankin Smith family owned them to take them to the away games.

Hope that helps...

Andy.

Andy,

Is there a waiting list for the lake house ?

Jim, I hate to tell you but Sam's invitation went out to him about 2+ years ago from me. So when he says good thing he will have a head start, he means it in more than one way!! LOL!

I'll be interested to see if we can get enough participation to make it a private even so we can request that the verts be allowed....I would do it as long as we all behave and agree to standard passing rules, etc. I don't ever plan to have an off pavement experience in my SGT!

Andy.

No problems Andy, I was just messing with Sam....

No problems Andy, I was just messing with Sam....

I will see if we have space and access to the house when a date is nailed down. My Dad actually is the owner but he is very generous to letting us use the house in the off season especially.

I'll keep you posted.

Andy.

The Audi Club has an event that we can join on November 16th & 17th. Total net cost for the two days is $459 (includes a 1 year membership to the audi club - they state it is required for their track event insurance). Still, this is a very fair price for two days of track time with instruction.

Please post if you are seriously interested in participating.

1st - join the Audi club (I don't have an Audi and will only join the club for this event); it's $49: http://www.audiclubna.org/forms/acna-join.php

2nd - the registration site: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/AF20A55F-BD16-DFD4-043FE8DC2B667E75#.UharE-sT7uN

Registration will show up as $440, to save $30 use coupon code: AlEllison

Your net fee is the sum of $49 + 410, or $459. All other registration requirments are listed on the registration site.

If you have a convertible, please contact Atlanta Motorsports Park (AMP) and resolve your concerns directly.

Archived