TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ponte Vedra Auto Show Sept 15

aupanther33

Let me know if you decide to stop by, it would be great to get a pictures of the cars together. I'm also planning on getting up to Amelia for the show in October, hated missing that one last year. On a side note,we're also working on putting together a monthly beaches cruise in, drilling down on day/,time and location, I'll keep you posted on that as well.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we would have all gotten heat stroke if not for David and his cooler of water! Hot day, though not as hot as Disney!

All new vehicles got skunked! It appears this show is trying to make itself into a Concours style event - big money and older classic cars walked away with the prizes. (with the exception of Porsches because the show is sponsored by Brumos.) A freshly restored 1968 GT500 KR and a 1965 GT-350 were the only winning Mustangs.

Nice show and nice cars, but I think I'll pass on entering next year!

Thanks again for the hydration David!

Sam

Well, we would have all gotten heat stroke if not for David and his cooler of water! Hot day, though not as hot as Disney!

All new vehicles got skunked! It appears this show is trying to make itself into a Concours style event - big money and older classic cars walked away with the prizes. (with the exception of Porsches because the show is sponsored by Brumos.) A freshly restored 1968 GT500 KR and a 1965 GT-350 were the only winning Mustangs.

Nice show and nice cars, but I think I'll pass on entering next year!

Thanks again for the hydration David!

Sam

I agree, the message this show is delivering is that it wants exceptional classics and exotics that are clearly not driven even occasionally in this show. It is a very nice show in a great setting, just not for driven or modern cars.

Sam, it was my pleasure to come and hang out for a while and just glad I remembered to bring along some fluids!

Archived