TEAM SHELBY FORUM

17th Annual First Coast Car Show - Amelia Island

2007_Shelby_GT

Coming soon! October 19, 2013, downtown Fernandina Beach, Florida, on beautiful Amelia Island!

Registration forms here: http://www.ameliacruizers.org/NewSite/home/car-show-registration

Come for the day or stay for a week! Plenty of shops, restaurants, and of course, the beach!

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

Sam, I'll do my best to be there. I just want you to promise me that it will be 120 degrees and my car will be the last to be judged. BTW, I have some pics to send you. PM me your e-mail address. Good seeing you down here in the Sahara desert. Talk soon....Joe

Yikes!!!!!! The curse of the Devil Bunny strikes again. I just realized that is the same day we have our Fall show here at the Winter Park Miller Ale house and I will be working the show. My car is pretty quick, but I don't think I will be able to drive that distance and make both shows. I will let you know if anything changes.

Best regards, Joe

To all regarding the show:

Arrive EARLY if you want a good parking spot on the "main drag" (Centre Street) - we have people who get here at 4:00 am just to be in a particular spot! I've gotten to the show at 5:00 am and found plenty of people already there! (Of course I'll be there early this year since I have to work the show!) Once Centre Street is full, the side streets will be utilized. So again, get there early, especially if you plan on parking together!

Hotels and Bed & Breakfast Inns are nearby. Hampton Inn and Suites is located just off the show area downtown and has reserved a very limited number of rooms for participants. Florida House, Ash House, Williams House, and other B&Bs are within a 3-4 block radius. There's a Residence Inn on Sadler Road about 5 minutes away and also a Comfort Inn about the same distance away on Atlantic Avenue. Shop around, I'm sure you'll find something in your price range.

Restaurants are numerous - many right dowtown in and around the show area. Everything from Mexican to Italian! (Except my favorite Sushi place is closed for remodeling!)

Lastly, this show is similar to the NPD Silver Springs event. Don't be expecting judges, there aren't any - It's People's Choice. (I've never won here, but I always have a great time!)

Our title sponsor this year is Chik-Fil-A, so expect them to be selling their sandwiches and probably handing out gift cards and what not.

You must stay until the show's over and it's impossible to leave early - the streets are blocked!

I look forward to seeing everyone there! (Except Joe, of course!)

Sam

Jim / Vic,

Self-service car wash is on Sadler Road, between the Walgreen's and Sunoco. First Coast Car Wash - they have a "touch free" drive through up front with DIY bays in the back.

Comfort Inn is on Atlantic Avenue, (which is also Centre Street), that's the main East-West road on the North side of the island. Sadler Road is the main East-West road in the center of the island.

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the participants will be attending a cruise-in after the show. It's located about 20 minutes from Fernandina at the River City Marketplace near the Jacksonville International Airport.

Of course, after a day of car showing, some may want to pass and just go home and clean up for dinner! If anyone is interested in meeting up afterward, let me know!

Sam

Sounds good - I will have to stay for an hour or so after the show to help police the venue - trash, tent, barriers, personnel, etc. - then a quick dash to the house for a shower, then I'll be good to go!

I'll figure out a good spot for us to meet up and then we can caravan to the cruise!

Sam

Archived