TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Bangastang thread!

Coachmoe

Ok, here's my story.

Ordered a radiator cover on March 21, 2013. Spoke to Hendrix before ordering it. He said I should have it in about 6 weeks. Credit cardicon1.png charged on March 22.

6 weeks later, no cover. 4 emailsicon1.png later, I get a reply that Hendricks is away attending to a family emergency. Cover to ship the next week, week of June 10. No cover shipped during that week.

Another emailicon1.png and I finally got Hendricks to call me on July 1. Said he'd been away and he was trying to get old orders cleaned up. He PROMISED ME I'd get my cover. He said he get back to me and I last spoke to him on July 9. Said He call me on the 10th. He never did.

I sent more emails, made more phone callsicon1.png and never got a response.

I filed a complaint with San Diego BBB, nothing happened. I filed a SECOND complaint asking for a refund. NOTHING!

Finally, I talked to my credit card companyicon1.png explained the situation and ultimately got a refund. Still have not heard back from Hendricks.

During the time this ordeal was going on, Bangastang kept posting products on Facebookicon1.png with links to order. They kept posting about projects they had going on. If they had time to post on FB, why couldn't they get my order completed and shipped?

Some of you are wondering why did I wait so long? That's simple. Their covers are AWESOME. Eventually, I said to heck with it and fortunately I got a refund.

When dealing with Bangastang, BUYER BEWARE!!! notsigned.gifThey are a LOUSY company to deal with, they have NO INTEGRITY WHATSOEVER!!! Customer service is a joke, Absolutely the worst company I have EVER DEALT WITH!!!

I plan on posting this on as many forumsicon1.png as I possibly can, as well as Facebook.
Hopefully I can saveicon1.png SOMEBODY some aggravation.

Here's what I see:

If you're on this forum with 10000 posts you're going to do ok. That's because he makes sure those with high visibility get service. 81 posts? Good luck.

Just an observation.

Does he come here any more?

Good luck. Always buy with a credit card. I highly recommend American Express. They just make bad things go away.

By the way, family emergencies seem to be a recurring theme. Yes?

Thanks for the warning. I never heard of this FordGT500 group before. Is it only for new SVT GT500 people?

The site is primarily for GT500 owners but we welcome anyone with an interest in these cars. A great group of guys (and gals) and lots of good information. It is much more active than this site. I encourage you to look through the site at this link: http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/index.php

Bangastang... What a bunch of hucksters. This is about the 5th thread I've read about them. I don't care how many have had good luck with them - when I read posts like this, over and over, why would you not shop elsewhere. Very poor service there and no credibility.

Follow up. About an hour after I made my posts, I got a call from the owner of Bangastang. He apologized for not getting the cover to me . Told me about having to move his location, painter not being " certified" etc. Still not buying the story. When you get TWO complaints from the BBB and you don't respond to either one, that speaks volumes. I thinks it's interesting that I got a call from him right after making my posts. Coincidence???

Seems like it's just one excuse after another.

I just got this e-mail from them. I am on there mailing list.

Dear Customers:
One of the issues that we have faced for our custom painted parts is turnaround time. Due to the volume of orders that we receive for painted parts our turnaround have not been to our standards. Our turnaround times has been a point of frustration for you and us, and we intend to resolve it.

In order to better serve you, we have made major changes to our operation.

1) We are moving our location from a rural area outside of San Diego into metro San Diego. Being located in a rural area proved to be a logistics nightmare, combined with poor phone and internet service and constant threat of brush fires.

2) We've brought on a new painter that has proved track record for high quality work, quick turnaround times and consistent projected dates for completion. Our previous painter for the last two years is no longer associated with Bangastang.

Our new location will be larger, more accessible and we will offer added services such as, suspension upgrades, exhaust, custom interior and metal fabrication. We intend to be a full service Mustang shop.

We hope to be settled in our new location in 2-3 weeks. We are still moving inventory and equipment to our new location. Our phone lines and internet have not been activated at our new location. Currently we are checking our voice mails from a remote location.

Understand that our quality of work will continue but our turnaround times will decrease with our new painter and location.
For the remaining month of August we are offering a 8% discount on any orders of $300 or more when ordering on our website. Use coupon code newlocation when ordering on our website.

For orders of $1,000 or more receive a 10% discount, use coupon code newaddress when ordering on our website.

We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that you're experienced.
Sincerely,

The Bangastang Mod Shop

I had the same problem with them, contacted American Express and got my refund. I just won't deal with them anymore, on the phone when I placed my order he seemed like a nice guy. There is more to this story but I will not post all the details, I wish him no harm but will not deal with him again.

I had the same problem with them, contacted American Express and got my refund. I just won't deal with them anymore, on the phone when I placed my order he seemed like a nice guy. There is more to this story but I will not post all the details, I wish him no harm but will not deal with him again.

Rocky, I think you are correct.

Grabber, I got the same email. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, the only way anyone does business with him again is to wait a year and see what kind of reviews get posted. If what he says in the email is true, the problems MAY correct themselves. I'm pretty sure however, that this move would be his THIRD move in about 2 or 3 years.

... contacted American Express and got my refund...

Isn't Amex great? I've had a gold card since 1977. Every year they ask me if I want Platinum. But I am happy with the level of rewards, etc. from my gold card. When I was at Bondurant for the class last spring I made a reservation at a hotel to move closer to north Phoenix. I decided to leave early and drive straight from the end of the class to go to Vegas (my wife flew there and we were staying with friends). I canceled the second hotel. They said I canceled in less than 24 hours. Well, I'd only made the reservation 16 hours before so I told them I would just take care of it through AMEX. I got a call from the president of the place (it's kind of a school that also has a lodge) that the charge would be reversed. The mere threat of a Amex challenge is usually all it takes.

My wife has a second card. She went to visit her family and rented a car. Someone hit her in a parking lot (just a bumper scrape). She didn't even know it was there. Hertz wanted to charge us for "down time" to repair it - more than the car was worth. One call to Amex and the whole thing went away.

They are big guns.

Plus we have enough points to get two round trips to Fiji.

I just got this e-mail from them. I am on there mailing list.

Dear Customers:

One of the issues that we have faced for our custom painted parts is turnaround time. Due to the volume of orders that we receive for painted parts our turnaround have not been to our standards. Our turnaround times has been a point of frustration for you and us, and we intend to resolve it.

In order to better serve you, we have made major changes to our operation.

1) We are moving our location from a rural area outside of San Diego into metro San Diego. Being located in a rural area proved to be a logistics nightmare, combined with poor phone and internet service and constant threat of brush fires.

2) We've brought on a new painter that has proved track record for high quality work, quick turnaround times and consistent projected dates for completion. Our previous painter for the last two years is no longer associated with Bangastang.

Our new location will be larger, more accessible and we will offer added services such as, suspension upgrades, exhaust, custom interior and metal fabrication. We intend to be a full service Mustang shop.

We hope to be settled in our new location in 2-3 weeks. We are still moving inventory and equipment to our new location. Our phone lines and internet have not been activated at our new location. Currently we are checking our voice mails from a remote location.

Understand that our quality of work will continue but our turnaround times will decrease with our new painter and location.

For the remaining month of August we are offering a 8% discount on any orders of $300 or more when ordering on our website. Use coupon code newlocation when ordering on our website.

For orders of $1,000 or more receive a 10% discount, use coupon code newaddress when ordering on our website.

We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that you're experienced.

Sincerely,

The Bangastang Mod Shop

What a joke. "The constant threat of brush fires" is a reason you can't ship. When my order was months late is was an earthquake.

These guys are something else...

Isn't Amex great? I've had a gold card since 1977. Every year they ask me if I want Platinum. But I am happy with the level of rewards, etc. from my gold card. When I was at Bondurant for the class last spring I made a reservation at a hotel to move closer to north Phoenix. I decided to leave early and drive straight from the end of the class to go to Vegas (my wife flew there and we were staying with friends). I canceled the second hotel. They said I canceled in less than 24 hours. Well, I'd only made the reservation 16 hours before so I told them I would just take care of it through AMEX. I got a call from the president of the place (it's kind of a school that also has a lodge) that the charge would be reversed. The mere threat of a Amex challenge is usually all it takes.

My wife has a second card. She went to visit her family and rented a car. Someone hit her in a parking lot (just a bumper scrape). She didn't even know it was there. Hertz wanted to charge us for "down time" to repair it - more than the car was worth. One call to Amex and the whole thing went away.

They are big guns.

Plus we have enough points to get two round trips to Fiji.

Yes they are great, and the points do get you free flights. I also use them for booking hotels.

If you are constantly back logged on "Painted Parts" Orders, why not Hire TWO Painters? Why not do what "American Muscle" does and have a lot of the "Ordered Most" Parts pre painted ready to ship?

If you are constantly back logged on "Painted Parts" Orders, why not Hire TWO Painters? Why not do what "American Muscle" does and have a lot of the "Ordered Most" Parts pre painted ready to ship?

PLUS 1,000!!!

Is the issue with just painted parts or is it with anything that is ordered? I just ordered a hood pin kit from them last week.

People have had problems ordering just about anything that Bangastang lists for sale.

People have had problems ordering just about anything that Bangastang lists for sale.

I see now, I have called multiple times only to get a voice mail. Called again today and the voice mail was full. Wish I had seen this thread before I placed my order. Live and learn.

I see now, I have called multiple times only to get a voice mail. Called again today and the voice mail was full. Wish I had seen this thread before I placed my order. Live and learn.

Take it to your credit card company now. Don't wait. By the time you get your stuff (or don't, and give up) you'll likely be beyond the time limit.

I guess the "Hendrix is a great guy who would never rob you" crowd has finally dwindled to ZERO!

Straight out of the "my dog ate my homework" school of integrity!

TOO BAD it took this long........he has been running his business like an disgraciade for years.

good riddance!

Maybe he could just go ahead and change his name from Bangastang to "Bend Over Enterprises".

They gave me my end of the world reason for delay back in '08.

Clearly missed the boat not having a " not Ever gonna get your parts" sale in 2012. At least it would have been funny.

I have a carbon fiber radiator on order since june 11 2013. I would like to order more things but want to get first thing first and see how it goes. Have sent some emails no response from last week. Sure would like to get part its not painted.

I have a carbon fiber radiator on order since june 11 2013. I would like to order more things but want to get first thing first and see how it goes. Have sent some emails no response from last week. Sure would like to get part its not painted.

It's not gonna happen. :banghead: Hate to be pessimistic but if you've been reading this thread, you know where I'm coming from. :rant2:

Ok, here's my story.

Ordered a radiator cover on March 21, 2013. Spoke to Hendrix before ordering it. He said I should have it in about 6 weeks. Credit cardicon1.png charged on March 22.

6 weeks later, no cover. 4 emailsicon1.png later, I get a reply that Hendricks is away attending to a family emergency. Cover to ship the next week, week of June 10. No cover shipped during that week.

Another emailicon1.png and I finally got Hendricks to call me on July 1. Said he'd been away and he was trying to get old orders cleaned up. He PROMISED ME I'd get my cover. He said he get back to me and I last spoke to him on July 9. Said He call me on the 10th. He never did.

I sent more emails, made more phone callsicon1.png and never got a response.

I filed a complaint with San Diego BBB, nothing happened. I filed a SECOND complaint asking for a refund. NOTHING!

Finally, I talked to my credit card companyicon1.png explained the situation and ultimately got a refund. Still have not heard back from Hendricks.

During the time this ordeal was going on, Bangastang kept posting products on Facebookicon1.png with links to order. They kept posting about projects they had going on. If they had time to post on FB, why couldn't they get my order completed and shipped?

Some of you are wondering why did I wait so long? That's simple. Their covers are AWESOME. Eventually, I said to heck with it and fortunately I got a refund.

When dealing with Bangastang, BUYER BEWARE!!! notsigned.gifThey are a LOUSY company to deal with, they have NO INTEGRITY WHATSOEVER!!! Customer service is a joke, Absolutely the worst company I have EVER DEALT WITH!!!

I plan on posting this on as many forumsicon1.png as I possibly can, as well as Facebook.

Hopefully I can saveicon1.png SOMEBODY some aggravation.

+100

Just saw this post. I too, ordered a painted cover from them. I ordered mine early June 2012, and after many emails, phone calls, a some of the poorest excuses, I finally received my cover at the end of March, 2013. (I too was told, 4-6 weeks for delivery, not 10+ months.) I asked both in conversation and in emails for a refund, but was totally ignored. Hendrix promised a gift for waiting so long, but that also, has yet to arrive. (Not holding my breath.) Even though the cover looks great, (the reason I waited), that was the first and last time I'll order anything from them.

Hendrix's excuses: "Had to fill orders from Carlisle". (I ordered 3 weeks before.)

"I was on vacation"

"My painter had to go back to Mexico for a family emergency."

"My painter had to go back to Mexico for a family emergency." (3 weeks after the first time he used this one.)

"We're moving our shop".

"We're moving our shop". (Still???)

"My painter had to go back to Mexico for a family emergency." (Why did you hire an illegal?)

As Coachmoe said:

I couldn't agree more!

Archived