TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California to New York

MY500SS

Marji and I are leaving today and driving our Super Snake (Ann) across country to New York. We're going to make lots of stops along the way and post pics as we take them. Yellow Stone, Little Big Horn, Devils Tower, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Gettysburg, The Wicked Nationals, Freedom Tower Memorial Cruise and finally Dearborn for the Team Shelby and Ford GT events. After the events, we'll ship the car and fly home. All told 16 states and about 3600 miles.

Looking forward to seeing everyone back east.

P1000003_zps8b320c6e.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a great trip! Have a blast and we will see you in Dearborn. :happy feet:

P.S. keep an extra key in your pocket as I wont be there :hysterical::hysterical2:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: . Not to worry Sean..........I have a certain French coat hanger packed in the event Marji pulls a Le Mans moment :doh:

Safe travels to the whole gang of Route 66er's. I know what a fantastic event SMC has in store for them. :salute:

Guest markham51

Awesome, see you in Dearborn. We are on our way to LA from Yosemite today. Just finished hitting "Yellow Stone, Little Big Horn, Devils Tower, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse " on way here. Its all great fun. So far 3,200 mi...will be another 3,300 on way home. It is so much fun going from place to place that the driving seems easy...washed car yesterday for only second time in trip...all shiny for trip into LA...checking out Sequoias and Redwoods this am..Cody is a cool town on your way out of Yellowstone...of Wild Bill fame..

Regards,

Mark

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: . Not to worry Sean..........I have a certain French coat hanger packed in the event Marji pulls a Le Mans moment :doh:

Safe travels to the whole gang of Route 66er's. I know what a fantastic event SMC has in store for them. :salute:

I hope it's not in the trunk.....

See ya at the Wicked Nats, have a safe trip!

Wow this sounds fun.

In my entire working career so far I have never been able to take 2 weeks off in a row. In the construction industry that is pretty much impossible if you are the supervisor.

I am so much looking forward to early retirement so I can be able to do trips like this.

On the brite side........Grabberfest is August 10th and we have 37 cars going on a 120 mile ride after the meet and greet / lunch / live band.......and then a Dinner. :happy feet:

The best fun one can have for $20 bucks and some gas and Pizza money. :yahoo:

Looks like it's going to be a great Shelby across the coast trip. Would love to see you guys at the Wicked Nationals, just not sure with my schedule if I can get there this year. August a crazy busy month for me, but it would be great to see everyone since I can't make it to Dearborn. Have fun and safe journey to the east coast :-)

Thanks for all the great comments guys.

We made it to The Grand Teton National Park today. Long day but some really beautiful scenery.

Passing Train in North/East Utah

P1000047_zpsa2b776d8.jpg

A few more states

P1000051_zpsdd075e93.jpg

P1000050_zps0fe3b469.jpg

Marji under the antlers in Jackson Wyoming.

P1000053_zps5526f6a7.jpg

Sunset over the Grand Tetons

P1000067_zps9e382d93.jpg

Great pics Dan!!! Other than the rain, looks like a great trip so far!!

I am so happy that you and marji are doing this together in the Super Snake!!

Sean and Lauren arrived this evening, Ron tomorrow, then off the Santa Monica for the beginning of the amazing Route 66 Tour. Will see you in Dearborn...please be safe and keep the pictures coming!!!

Alex

Great pics Dan!!! Other than the rain, looks like a great trip so far!!

I am so happy that you and marji are doing this together in the Super Snake!!

Sean and Lauren arrived this evening, Ron tomorrow, then off the Santa Monica for the beginning of the amazing Route 66 Tour. Will see you in Dearborn...please be safe and keep the pictures coming!!!

Alex

.....and she's running perfect, thanks to the only shop (Mackenzie Mustang) that works on her.

Archived