TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Introducing "Hurricane"

stngfever

07SGT5529 (White) was brought home to become a stable mate to 07SGT2875 (Black)

It's Black or it's White!

5529 was purchased for the sole purpose of becoming a "Dedicated" track car. The transformation will take place over time (a.k.a. as :spend: funds allow). Initially a typical street legal SGT with Recaro's. Progressing to an all out stripped interior removing creature comforts and adding full rollcage. With hopes to one day make it to the ranks of wheel to wheel racing :shift:

The following info has been identified so far:

Original owner 7/08 - 11/11

Second Owner 12/11 - 1/13 (10/12 Hurricane Sandy Flooded this car)

Salvage Title 1/13

Rehagen Racing Purchased 2/13

Arrived as stable mate to 2875 6/13

Centri style supercharger was on this car at one time (Appears it was removed before Hurricane Sandy, potentially before orginal owner traded it in)

Missing front sway bar

JBA headers

Flowmaster Mufflers

Adjustable rear lower control arms

GT500 Dual Fuel Pump

Based on the above, I believe this car saw some 1/4 mile action at some time in its previous life (rode hard) then put away wet :hide:

And I plan to breath life back into it and ride hard with a purposeful track car! :peelout:

07SGT5529-1_zps138fb09d.jpg

While initial thread on this car can be found HERE I will post updates to this new Team Shelby Racing thread.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I agree. Great car to turn into a racer and have fun with the build. I have a restoration of my own that I brought back from the family farm in S.D. sitting in the garage next the Shelby that also will be done as funds allow. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After getting Hurricane gutted, and fluids changed, been busy with obtaining materials for the new stable!

A 21 wide x 27 deep attached 2 stall garage with posts in the middle just doesn't cut it for projects.

My dream started 15+ years ago to build a working garage, that dream is finally becoming a reality.

A builder was hired to put up the main building and cement slab, I'll do the rest (finishing the inside).

Base plan is 40 wide x 32 deep x 12 tall pole barn. 3- 9 wide x 8 tall overhead doors

I will be trenching in the electrical, gas and water lines in a couple weeks, then cement slab will be put in.

Found some GREAT deals on craigslist over the past month or so (2 post lift, lumber to finish off inside posts, insulation, ductwork etc...)

th_garagebuild_zps4c3ab29b.jpg

Hurricane is currently on hold.

Garage looks awesome. I so can't wait to do the same at some point as well.

If the electrical for the garage is coming from the same panel in the house as where a wireless router is, then it is possible to have wireless in the new garage with this: http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/connect/powerline/dhp-w311av-powerline-av-500-wireless-n--starter-kit. Install an internet tv and you can stream about anything you want. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hope you can at least get it to a point to put the cars into before the weather changes .

Are you going to have WiFi access ? :hysterical2:

Cars will be in storage at another location for one last winter! This will give me complete access to finish off the inside over the winter. At least that's the "plan" :drool:

WiFi?? :headscratch:

A 1" "low voltage" conduit was laid in the trench. Cable, Internet, and future ?? My sons first reaction to hearing Cable TV, was "Super Bowl" party :hysterical:

If the electrical for the garage is coming from the same panel in the house as where a wireless router is, then it is possible to have wireless in the new garage with this: http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/connect/powerline/dhp-w311av-powerline-av-500-wireless-n--starter-kit. Install an internet tv and you can stream about anything you want. :)

Big enough trench allowed for low voltage conduit from the house to the "Man Cave" this IT guy is going to run Cat6 for all out internet :superhero:

Water line, check

Electrical, check (completed today)

Gas line, check

Low voltage conduit, check

Cement Slab poored, check

Floor sealed, check (completed today)

3 overhead door installations begin tomorrow. :happy feet:

• 1 year later...

Crash has joined the stable :victory:

Initial plans are to transplant the whole interior, wiring and all, into Hurricane to make it road worthy for the rebuilt title.

Yes, it's looking like the long awaited progress just got a kick start :yahoo: , however, most of the work will begin in the fall.

IMG_20150606_153607209_zpsb6nzrjxo.jpg

IMG_20150606_153618429_zps9wyys1uo.jpg

IMG_20150606_153623541_HDR_zpsgpcgxisz.j

IMG_20150606_153636461_HDR_zpszjtfrgja.j

IMG_20150606_153642128_zps55ghi2po.jpg

IMG_20150606_153704562_HDR_zpsmionxoh9.j

IMG_20150606_153741512_zpsylf9pfny.jpg

IMG_20150620_103842123_zpswahqrqck.jpg

IMG_20150620_103850095_zpsqmnmj9fo.jpg

IMG_20150620_104329970_zpsswniwbxi.jpg

IMG_20150620_121653990_zpsbghheu2o.jpg

IMG_20150620_122832328_zpsp2sxmoqf.jpg

Rear axle tube is bent on drivers side:

IMG_20150621_080931655_HDR_zpscr2mjxtd.j

IMG_20150621_080939146_HDR_zpsefhesipl.j

IMG_20150621_085252887_zpsss9u4ier.jpg

Check your production dates on both cars for build dates and things like anti-thief and such which have differences in the SJB programming / wiring.

Hurricane has IUP, whereas Crash doesn't. Planning to keep the IUP in Hurricane (according to my research shouldn't require a change)

Neither one has active anti theft :victory:

Hurricane did have NAV and Sirius, Crash has Shaker 500. Planning to just use the Shaker initially (until full track duty). (appears this shouldn't require a change either since the SJB from Crash will be transplanted into Hurricane)

It's my understanding that TPMS is maintained in the SJB and therefore either move the sensors from Crash to the rims being used on Hurricane or get the TPMS programming tool.

Build dates:

Crash ~ 02/06/07

Huricane ~06/18/07

With these dates, do you know of any other issues I may need to address?

Crash may be a contender for an all out track car - really I've seen worse come off of the track and get fixed back up.

Trust me, this has crossed my mind :doh:

I'm keeping this option in reserve (for now) for many reasons, main one is to get Hurricane up and running (not to mention Crash is currently an auto)!

While many may think it's a lot/too much work, I enjoy challenges.

Scott,

I'd buy a roll of tape and label every electrical item to indicate which car it comes from initially. You may have to use the instrument cluster and dash harness that goes with the SJB. When you start getting into changeovers let me know (I have the 2007 factory manuals including the wiring manual). At least you don't have to deal with the halo ring around the ignition switch for the anti-thief. Some wiring changes were made in Dec. of 2006 and some were done in June of 2007 so you're not out of the woods yet but I think that you'll be fine. Under dash harnesses changed again in 2008. Save everything until you have Hurricane up and going and passed inspection. (paper in hand). JMO

Kevin,

Appreciate all the insight as I delve into this project.

Decided it was time to get a set of the shop manuals, found a great deal on e-bay last night, should be arriving next week.

The radio was working properly prior to the accident and is now dead (I checked all fuses possible and swapped the unit with one I have on the shelf which works in Crash). I found this odd to have the radio go dead from the accident?

In process of swapping radio's, I noticed that the connector for the 3 button switch is on this harness. Before I begin the teardown on Crash, I'm going to test the 6 gauge cluster (based on my research it should be a plug and play, we'll see).

• 4 weeks later...

In preperation to transplant the interior from crash into hurricane, my plan is to get all electronics (swap clusters, air bag system) working properly prior to the transplant.

Crash has 4 gauge cluster, Hurricane has the 6 gauge. Swapped and found they are plug and play :yahoo:

As an added bonus, I now know Hurricane's mileage is a mere 36k :clapping:

Now onto replacing the air bag control module.

IMG_20150718_145400465_zpsusw8cquv.jpg

Summer tan :drop:

Air bag control module (a.k.a. SRS), front impact sensor, drivers airbag, and drivers seat belt tensioner all replaced. All air bag light codes cleared.

Hurricane front bumper cover removed in prep for towing to the "Man Cave" from the attached garage.

Archived