TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Joined the Club this Weekend!

mitch994

Awesome!! Congrats..... :rockon::rockon:

I love your explanation....."Now I get it"....So true. I bought mine about 3 months back on line, having never driven one until they delivered it to my driveway via auto carrier.........

Agreed, now I get it....... :wub2::wub2:

Mike

Congrats and welcome!! Please forgive my ignorance but what is a VMP kit?

Assuming "now I get it" is refering to the car I know exactly what you mean. I have 3 old (1970) Mustangs and I bet I walked by a dozen new Shelbys over the last few years in the showroom but really never paid that much attention since I was content with my old ones and really wasn't crazy about the look of the new ones. Then one day my friend the finance manager convinced me I should drive a new 12 they had and that's all it took. I was seduced by the whine and power of that blower and three months later I bought a black stripe delete 12. Now I absolutely love the new ones, even the look, as it sure grows on you. So, glad I finally got wise and now I get it too.

2012 GT500 with VMP Kit in my garage. Had never driven one of these before the test drive. Now, I get it!!!

Welcome to the group and TS!

Great looking Shelby enjoy.

You can register as the new owner at the link in my signature below with Shelby Registry.

David

2012 GT500 with VMP Kit in my garage. Had never driven one of these before the test drive. Now, I get it!!!

Welcome!!!

Jer

David, I did register with the link you provied, thanks.

Blk12svtt, VMP is a company out of FL that specialized in high performace parts for Mustangs and Shelbys in particular. Many threads on this great forum discuss them and what they provide and do.

Congrats and welcome!! Please forgive my ignorance but what is a VMP kit?

Assuming "now I get it" is refering to the car I know exactly what you mean. I have 3 old (1970) Mustangs and I bet I walked by a dozen new Shelbys over the last few years in the showroom but really never paid that much attention since I was content with my old ones and really wasn't crazy about the look of the new ones. Then one day my friend the finance manager convinced me I should drive a new 12 they had and that's all it took. I was seduced by the whine and power of that blower and three months later I bought a black stripe delete 12. Now I absolutely love the new ones, even the look, as it sure grows on you. So, glad I finally got wise and now I get it too.

I agree that we never realized what a rush these high performance cars can give! We also have a black 2012 stripe delete but thinking about a matte black stripe. I really like that look. Enjoy!

mitch994, thanks for the tip on VMP. I should have just done a search but when I first read that post I thought it was an option I somehow missed...

verlyn12, agree 100% that nothing beats black and if I had it to do over I would have gotten black stripes too. I have a 70 428 Cobra Jet Mustang , black with black stripes and thought when I bought the 12 that a matching black Shelby would sure look good sitting next to the black CJ.

Then I decided that one of the new 662HP cars would be best to have long term so I ordered a 14 white with black stripes. I anguished over color for a month going from black to white to sterling to grabber blue but settled on white. Main reason being it seems 2 out 3 are black and I wanted something different this time. Black is still the best color though and I'll probably live to regret my choice.

Here is a pic of what my black CJ will look like once restored. They made nearly 200K Mustangs in 1970 but only 4 triple black CJ Sportsroofs. Black is a highly coveted color on the old ones nowdays. Hardly anyone ordered A/C back then so the last thing you wanted was black.

blackrcodewithargents.jpg

mitch994, thanks for the tip on VMP. I should have just done a search but when I first read that post I thought it was an option I somehow missed...

verlyn12, agree 100% that nothing beats black and if I had it to do over I would have gotten black stripes too. I have a 70 428 Cobra Jet Mustang , black with black stripes and thought when I bought the 12 that a matching black Shelby would sure look good sitting next to the black CJ.

Then I decided that one of the new 662HP cars would be best to have long term so I ordered a 14 white with black stripes. I anguished over color for a month going from black to white to sterling to grabber blue but settled on white. Main reason being it seems 2 out 3 are black and I wanted something different this time. Black is still the best color though and I'll probably live to regret my choice.

Here is a pic of what my black CJ will look like once restored. They made nearly 200K Mustangs in 1970 but only 4 triple black CJ Sportsroofs. Black is a highly coveted color on the old ones nowdays. Hardly anyone ordered A/C back then so the last thing you wanted was black.

blackrcodewithargents.jpg

I remember well the days of muscle cars without a/c! the common answer when asked if the car had a/c was yup-280. 80 mph with 2 windows down. Guess we survived but sure do like the comfort that we are able to have now. The good old days were good but not in all ways.

Archived