TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought a 2014 Shelby today, can't wait to get it home

pgodden

Well, that took a Total of 72hrs., I saw a GT500 a couple days ago on a lot, and today sewed up the deal on one. I do have a question, I was unable to get the factory cover with it due to the package that came with it. I was wondering where would be the best place to buy one?

post-41371-0-63842200-1371878752_thumb.jpg

Congrats. She looks pretty. Your dealer should have been able to sell you the cover. In fact I would have made them throw it in for FREE! I'm tough on dealers though. I only bought one new vehicle, my truck. It took me 3 days to buy it but by the time I was done dealing, I had gotten the interest rate I wanted, I got it for less money and I received the extended warranty for nothing! The heard the word No a lot from me about their counteroffers. They eventually came around and called me up and said that they would accept my offer. :)

Congrats on your Shelby purchase. Your dealership parts department can order the factory cover or you can usually find it cheaper on ebay. You may want to consider purchasing a custom cover thru SPP that fits better and can be color customized to match your Shelby.

Also be sure to register your Shelby with the Shelby American Registry. You'll find a registry link below in my signature line.

Steve

Ya I tried to get the dealer to throw in the cover, actually told him it would be a deal breaker. He phoned me and said it is hard for him to get one in less than a month and here's another 500 off in lieu.....

Thanks for all the congrats, I am so excited to get it. Now to start looking for the little extras, doesn't need much

Congratulations and welcome to Team Shelby. You can buy the cover from any Ford dealer or Ford online parts store or Shelby. I don't believe the OEM covers are all weather type covers, if that is important to you.

Congratulations and welcome to Team Shelby. You can buy the cover from any Ford dealer or Ford online parts store or Shelby. I don't believe the OEM covers are all weather type covers, if that is important to you.

Thanks.... I only want the cover to keep the dust off in the garage, just thought the fa Cory with the snake would look cooler parked in there

Well I got it home, pumped, what an exciting car. I have never driven something like this it's more powerful and more fun than anything I have ever driven. Looking forward to learning all about it over the next couple of months

post-41371-0-60391900-1372646435_thumb.jpg

post-41371-0-79943500-1372646562_thumb.jpg

post-41371-0-60391900-1372646435_thumb.jpg

post-41371-0-79943500-1372646562_thumb.jpg

It does have too many gadgets to figure out without a study guide! That's saying something considering my raptor already has identical controls for nav and console layout. That center cluster is downright intimidating!!

It does have too many gadgets to figure out without a study guide! That's saying something considering my raptor already has identical controls for nav and console layout. That center cluster is downright intimidating!!

Even Down to trying to decide the Guage and halo colors..... Wow lots.

Congratulations on your new car, AND for being a fellow Rush fan!

We have a cool selection of car covers here, perfect for garage use: http://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Z40-10

Best of luck with the new ride, and send us that Raptor anytime, we can do some fun things to THAT for you too... LOL:

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/2013raptor.asp

Jer

Love the Ruby Red/Black. My favorite color of the 2014. In the sun it is electric!

The paint is amazing. In direct sun light it is clearly a Candy Appleish Red and without the sun it is a deeper richer red. Everyone has commented on the beautiful color.

Congratulations on your new car, AND for being a fellow Rush fan!

We have a cool selection of car covers here, perfect for garage use: http://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Z40-10

Best of luck with the new ride, and send us that Raptor anytime, we can do some fun things to THAT for you too... LOL:

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/2013raptor.asp

Jer

I was looking at the car cover here, but they don't list my cars color, does that matter?

• 3 months later...

those new shelbys man...

all the options for it is rediculous, heat finned diff cover, optional tranny fluid cooler and brake cooler, limited slip diff, carbon fiber drive shaft, valve squirters, oil cooling set up the engine block! hope ill be in a new shelby myself, in the mean time us older models are just as vicous if not more! ;) glad to see the choice in cars.

Beautiful car. I really like the matte black striping and the candy apple red is awesome. We have had our 12 since December of 12 and I am still using the book to figure out all the "extras". We have a friend who has a 14 vert on order for delivery on Dec 1 and can't wait to do some road trips together. A Shelby is a real attention getter in our part of the country and 2 at one time should be fun to see people's reactions. Only problem is it is too long for nice weather so we may have to head south for a road trip. Maybe the celebration in Vegas in April. Enjoy!

• 4 months later...

Archived