TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4Th TexasLegacy Bank Cobra/Shelby Show

Glenn Greenwell

I have not seen any chatter on this event at Legacy Bank in Plano, Tx next weekend on Saturday. I went last year and had a great time. There is no entry fee and they say they are expecting about 125 entries. Chime in if you are going.

GG

post-14593-0-11588200-1371177569.jpg

post-14593-0-11588200-1371177569.jpg

This is the e-mail I received:

Here is the official invitation for our upcoming Shelby Car Show on June 22nd. If you are on this email list, you participated in our Shelby Car Show last year and we hope to see you again this year. Please feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and family and other Shelby car enthusiast.

Shelby American and The Ticket will be here again this year. You can also see Aaron Shelby on WFAA Channel 8, Good Morning Texas on Friday, June 21st. He will also do a guest spot on the WBAP morning show with Hal Jay and the gang the week of the Shelby event. We will post dates and times on our Facebook page of when events take place so you won’t miss it.

We anticipate about 125+ cars on display again this year. If you have any friends that would like to bring their Shelby Cobra or Mustang, please have them contact me or copy me on any email communication.

Stay tuned for upcoming details . . . when to arrive, where to check in . . . etc.

As always, please contact me with any questions.

See you at the 4th Annual Shelby Car Show!

Ginger Kimbrell

AVP Marketing

5000 Legacy Dr., Ste. 260

Plano, Texas 75024

972.461.7025 Direct

214.673.5495 Mobile

ginger.kimbrell@legacytexas.com

I will be there in my GT-C this year......can't wait....

Springer(John), I am getting there no later than 8am. Was going to try to find you and Jason so we could park together. Your two Vista Blue's(GT and GT/SC) and my Orange GT-C.

Stewarbc, save me a spot next to your new GT-C.

We have to keep up with John and Jason.

Dave

Dave, most definitely. I'll try to place some type of "Orange" cone in the parking place. Be great to have multiple Grabber Orange's together.

Brad

Stewarbc, save me a spot next to your new GT-C.

We have to keep up with John and Jason.

Dave

Woooow Hold on now, John & Dave save me a spot, I want in also, Need to know what time everyone is arriving. I am going to drive in Friday and try to find a hotel close to the bank. John and Dave looking forward to seeing you ................. GG

Registration begins at 8:30 Saturday morning. They a have couple areas set aside for Classic Shelby's and Cobras so those spot are somewhat reserved. Everything else is open. If you want a particular spot then plan on arriving no later than 8am. Officially the event does not begin until 10am, I believe.

This event is completely run by the Legacy Bank which has no 'official affiliation' with Shelby America or Team Shelby that I'm aware of. The Bank is operated by Carroll's son and Grandson, Patrick & Erin Shelby. It grows in size every year organically but is a fairly small and intimate event.

Last year and its my understand that again this year, Shelby America is leaving behind at least one truck from Mid-America to attend the Legacy Bank event.

And, here is a prior thread on the event.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/81130-legacy-bank-4th-annual-shelby-car-show/page__hl__%2Blegacy+%2Bbank

Yes, Legacy has always given out goodie bags to particapants, and in the past they include a couple food and drink vouchers. I assume it will be the same this year. With the acception of the two areas, typically the drive up teller lanes and parking directly in front on the bank all parking is 1st come 1st served. There is plenty of parking.

Hey John,

I will be driving in late Friday night, staying at Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway at Preston Road. Have my car scheduled for detail here in Texarkana prior to leaving. Thinking about having glaze applied, never used it before. Will see how it goes. Have a great detail shop here in Texarkana. Seems like a shame as I know I will drive through 10,000 bugs on the way to Dallas. Hope to find somewhere to wash it in the morning with my Mr. Clean system and will be over to the bank to park with everyone.

Traded Text with Dave today and he is going, he said he would be in very early. I hope to be in around 830-900am. Look forward to seeing everyone again and parking together. Had blast last year.

GG

Imagine how much more partipation they would get if they let their regional director know so he could get the info out to the clubs all over Texas and the whole region....hmmm

Lol

I was thinking the same thing. I have over 200 email address's for just for Texas Shelby owners. It is a shame that there is not better communication in the Shelby world. :banghead:

I was thinking the same thing. I have over 200 email address's for just for Texas Shelby owners. It is a shame that there is not better communication in the Shelby world. :banghead:

Guys, if you are looking for some specific communication I suggest you contact Ginger Kimbrell with Legacy Bank. I'm sure she would be happy to include you in Bank's emails on the event that all past particapants recieve.

Ginger Kimbrell

AVP Marketing

Plano, Texas 75024

972.461.7025 Direct

214.673.5495 Mobile

Posting email received from registering at the Legacy Bank site.....

The Shelby American rig has arrived! Hope you had a chance to see the new Shelby F-150 Raptor this morning on Good Morning Texas. Beautiful!

We look forward to seeing you and your car(s) tomorrow at LegacyTexas Bank. Thank you for celebrating our 50th anniversary and we’re glad you will be a part of our 4th Annual Shelby Car Show! For those of you who just recently signed up on our website, a schedule of the day is listed below. If you have any friends bringing their car tomorrow, please forward them this email. It is very important they arrive early so we can guarantee them a spot.

Check-In Info and Schedule

· 8:30 a.m. – All show cars arrive for a guaranteed spot

•A LegacyTexas representative will greet you with a registration form

•Take your registration form to “CHECK-IN” at the patio entrance

•Give card to representative and receive your complimentary gift bag

•12:00 Noon – join us on the patio for special announcements

•1:30 p.m. - Aaron Shelby available for autographs inside the banking center

•2:00 p.m. - Shelby Car Show ends

Thanks again for joining us tomorrow. You make this event successful.

See you at the 4th Annual Shelby Car Show!

Ginger Kimbrell

AVP Marketing

Plano, Texas 75024

972.461.7025 Direct

214.673.5495 Mobile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up my Shelby from the detail shop at 430pm in Texarkana and the front windshield was clear and paint had a bright shine to it. One hour down the interstate and thousands of tiny bugs later I was in need of a wash job and windows cleaned. I was running late and needed to stop at my son's house in Frisco, for a wash and wipe down for the show. Got "lit up" going through Princeton on 380 and rightfully so, a young officer asked me what I was doing and wear I was going and got off with a verbal warning. We talked briefly about my Shelby and the show. When I got to Frisco, Tx my son helped me wash and wipe down the car and do my windows about 30 minutes before it got dark. Got lost in traffic trying to find Marriott Courtyard at 4901 West Plano Parkway at Preston and like to never found it. My wife found it after we got seperated I went the wrong way on a turn. Well to sum it up as things go "situation normal" see ya in the morning.

I'm going to get there early and Springer if your reading this tonight, call my cell at 903-826-0822 and let me know when you are getting close. Dave Greet told me today, he drew duty with the railroad in Little Rock Saturday so he won't be making it. Hopefully some of us can still park together. The Shelby Trailer is already on the bank lot. Looking forward to a great show and meeting old and new friends.

GG

Guys, if you are looking for some specific communication I suggest you contact Ginger Kimbrell with Legacy Bank. I'm sure she would be happy to include you in Bank's emails on the event that all past particapants recieve.

Ginger Kimbrell

AVP Marketing

Plano, Texas 75024

972.461.7025 Direct

214.673.5495 Mobile

Traded a couple of e-mails with Ginger and she was very prompt with her replys. It was a breeze to check in on line at their bank website.

GG

Great show yesterday! Although I did not have time to spend the day there, I was able to stop in and check out all the great cars! Spoke briefly with Aaron Shelby and thanked him for putting on a great show. John Luft and SA were there, not only with a Raptor, but also a wide body Super Snake and a Shelby Focus!

Archived