TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Opinion Poll GT350 color

I am curious about this that if available how many current GT350 owners would have done this option instead of what you currently have?

If FORD or SAI had available Guardsman Blue w/ White stripes how many would have ordered your current GT350 this color instead?

So many of us want the original Shelby colors but FORD never offers anything exciting. I mean if Highland Green were available it would be #1 on my list followed by Guardsman Blue

The Guardsmen Blue, while a classic color is not very vibrant. Sure you could sell on a Shelby but its not likely that it would sell as well to general public on more pedestrian Mustangs.

If Shelby was to offer a complete respray, it would be pricey and involve a lot of labor.

I'm not disliking the idea, just pontificating on why I thinks it hasn't/will not happen..

The Guardsmen Blue, while a classic color is not very vibrant. Sure you could sell on a Shelby but its not likely that it would sell as well to general public on more pedestrian Mustangs.

If Shelby was to offer a complete respray, it would be pricey and involve a lot of labor.

I'm not disliking the idea, just pontificating on why I thinks it hasn't/will not happen..

take the Guardsman Blue add a little metallic and now its modern

Not me, I don't like Guardsman Blue or white on a car. All about personal preferences. For instance, I love Slime Gold on my '68 KR, but many hate it, and many originals were repainted resale red, or Acapulco Blue.

Oh I like Acapulco Blue just think Guardsman Blue plus add a little metallic and it would look great on a modern Shelby. You don't like WHITE? What??? my GT350 Conv is White w/ Black and everyone says it looks great. Wasn't my ideal choice as I prefer Green's and Blue's but no chance I'm using that Gotta have it Green or Deep Impact Blue which looks Purple so that left White, Black, or Candy Red and it was between White and Red and I chickened out on picking Red. Never was a fan of the Grabber colors and they look great on the Boss Mustangs but they're not my thing. Funny thing right now I got 3 White Conv.'s and all look great but sometimes a great deal pops up even though its not your first choice.

How bout a modern GT350 or GT500 in Gulfstream Aqua?? that would look awesome

Since Guardsman blue was never an original '60s Shelby Mustang color except for the stripes on white cars, I would have preferred Sapphire Blue (only used in 1966, taken from t-Bird colors) with white painted stripes as a 2011 option to match my '66 GT350. B)

I'm pretty happy just the way it is, especially with the painted stripes. Don't get me wrong, I do like some of the other combinations, but I guess I like the classic look....and it was the only way it was available on the first run!!!

John

I like the way they progressed the GT350 in the same color palette fashion the originals came year by year. That way the people who like the classic colors from '65 and the limited '66 ones can have what they like. Whereas the people who liked the use of the full color palette from '67-'70 got what they wanted.

I agree on the expansion of the color range as the model years progressed, just like the originals in the '60s. It would have been nice to get the same paint codes as the originals for each series, though. I understand that they tried to get Wimbledon white with Guardsman blue stripes for the 45th Anniversary, but the colors were not available for production from Ford.

Archived