TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thoughts and Prayers for Tornado Victims

I'm stunned to see the devastation and loss of life being reported in the news tonight. My heart goes out to all affected by these tornado's ripping through Oklahoma and surrounding states. Thoughts and prayers to the families that have lost loved ones. God bless them...

We covet your prayers right now. Even with the incredible advanced notice from our meteorologists, who had been cautioning us for a week about the potential threat of severe weather these past 3 days, this storm formed extremely quickly and developed into a massive F5 faster than I have ever witnessed in 50 years of observation.

My sister's house is just one block north of the debris path. Thankfully all her family is safe. She, like many others affected today, is also a survivor of the May 3, 1999 storm. The first of the tornados yesterday formed immediately above my house and touched down just two blocks east of me. Very difficult to convey coherent thoughts from the past 24 hours, just grief for those who have lost everything.

Please, if you wish to contribute to relief efforts, contact organizations with "local" ties to OKC. The first that comes to mind is http://www.bgco.org/ministries/disaster-relief

I'm Lutheran, but these guys do awsome work and have local teams that respond to national events........

But most of all, pray for those who have lost loved ones.

My Daughter lives in the next town over from Moore OK and is fine.

Val and I are flying out there in 3 weeks to visit...hope all the tornados are gone then.

When we were out there last year, we went to a bowling alley and movie theatre. The movie theatre survived but the bowling alley is leveled according to my daughter.

Val spoke to our daughter last night and her immediate family is fine.

We covet your prayers right now. Even with the incredible advanced notice from our meteorologists, who had been cautioning us for a week about the potential threat of severe weather these past 3 days, this storm formed extremely quickly and developed into a massive F5 faster than I have ever witnessed in 50 years of observation.

My sister's house is just one block north of the debris path. Thankfully all her family is safe. She, like many others affected today, is also a survivor of the May 3, 1999 storm. The first of the tornados yesterday formed immediately above my house and touched down just two blocks east of me. Very difficult to convey coherent thoughts from the past 24 hours, just grief for those who have lost everything.

Please, if you wish to contribute to relief efforts, contact organizations with "local" ties to OKC. The first that comes to mind is http://www.bgco.org/...disaster-relief

I'm Lutheran, but these guys do awsome work and have local teams that respond to national events........

But most of all, pray for those who have lost loved ones.

Sprint,

My wife and I are flying into OKC the first week of June. If you need anything we could pack on the plane, please let me know..

Willing to help out a fellow Shelby owner...if you need a set of hands for a day or so please let me know.

My never ending thoughts and prayers to all, seeing Hurricane Sandy devastation first hand for more than 6 months, these folks are going to need everyone's support in the months ahead. Truly heartbreaking so many children lost.

I live here. Listening to the radio i fully expected to see a mangled Shelby when i got to what was left of my home. My family was very fortunate. It missed my place by 1/8mile.

This was first large tornado. I left work at 230 and raced to get my son from his school. It was an strange feeling being one of the only cars on the highway with the radio saying if your in that area get under ground. I exited the highway about 2 miles infront of it. Got to my kid and cut back around the north side of it by about a mile. My rig took some good size hail doing about 90. But my son and i made it out of the path. My wife on the otherhand was right in its way. She tried to get to her dads but ended up at a 7-11. Something told her not to stay there. Luckily she listened and left. The 7-11 is no longer there. She's having a hard time with it. There was a young mom and baby there that did not make it. She's blaming herself for not making them go with her.

That said if any of y'all need anything or have family that does. Pm me. Ive got a strong back, a weak mind and a big diesel rig to haul anything you need.

Sprint,

My wife and I are flying into OKC the first week of June. If you need anything we could pack on the plane, please let me know..

Willing to help out a fellow Shelby owner...if you need a set of hands for a day or so please let me know.

Good form Jimbo! :worship:

I live here. Listening to the radio i fully expected to see a mangled Shelby when i got to what was left of my home. My family was very fortunate. It missed my place by 1/8mile.

This was first large tornado. I left work at 230 and raced to get my son from his school. It was an strange feeling being one of the only cars on the highway with the radio saying if your in that area get under ground. I exited the highway about 2 miles infront of it. Got to my kid and cut back around the north side of it by about a mile. My rig took some good size hail doing about 90. But my son and i made it out of the path. My wife on the otherhand was right in its way. She tried to get to her dads but ended up at a 7-11. Something told her not to stay there. Luckily she listened and left. The 7-11 is no longer there. She's having a hard time with it. There was a young mom and baby there that did not make it. She's blaming herself for not making them go with her.

That said if any of y'all need anything or have family that does. Pm me. Ive got a strong back, a weak mind and a big diesel rig to haul anything you need.

Saw that 7-11 story on FOX (I think it was).....that's crazy that your wife was right there. God Bless you Vandy, all your neighbors, friends and those poor children and folks that paid the ultimate sacrifice. :grouphug:

Pretty hard to armchair quarterback an EF5 that formed in a matter of minutes. This seems alot like Sandy..................THE storm of a lifetime in your area.

Vandy,

As I stated above, My wife and I will be around OKC, actually Noble the first weekend in June. If you are helping people or someone who needs help please let me know. I am willing to help, like you strong back, a weak mind and my diesel rig will be in florida but willing to help....I can PM you my cell if it helps.

Jim,

Thank you for the offer, our family (even extended) escaped with no damage. However, with approximately 13,000 homes destroyed (as reported on this evening's news) there will be lots to do for a long time. Our church is coordinating with our sister church in Moore to schedule a work day for their members who lost homes. If that falls on the days you are in town I'll send you a PM.

Vandy,

Just "wow"! So glad your wife is safe!

The "guilt" thing will take quite some time and perhaps patient, gentle counseling though to get through. That's a tough one right there. We'll be praying for her.

Edit for dislexic number transposing.....

• 2 weeks later...

OK everyone, Oklahoma more specifically Moore are under a tornado watch again. A few tornado's have touched down and one of the storm chasers vans got thrown about 200 feet. The people in the van are ok but shook up.

Please say some prayers for these people.

Val and I are watching and talking to our daughter...she is safe so far.

Just finished booking our trip out there next week.

Fox News is reporting the OK Medical Examiner has confirmed 5 tornado related deaths this evening, including a mother and her baby that were caught in commute traffic. God Bless all in harms way...

Sprint/Vandy,

My offer still stands, if you our others need some hands next week, please call or text me.

PM sent.

And thank you for your generous offer. The relief efforts will be on-going for quite some time, especially after this past Friday..............

Ordered the storms shelter/oil pit last week. 4100 bucks well spent. But they don't come to instal until October.

Fridays storms were nuts. El Reno had the biggest tornado in history. We had several .. no damage though. One spun up right on top of me. It caused me to put my beer down and go inside for a minute. Then ad about 8 inches of rain. This storm season is crazy.

I head to the body shop to get my damage estate on the tow rig tomorrow. Fun times

PM sent.

And thank you for your generous offer. The relief efforts will be on-going for quite some time, especially after this past Friday..............

Ordered the storms shelter/oil pit last week. 4100 bucks well spent. But they don't come to instal until October.

Fridays storms were nuts. El Reno had the biggest tornado in history. We had several .. no damage though. One spun up right on top of me. It caused me to put my beer down and go inside for a minute. Then ad about 8 inches of rain. This storm season is crazy.

I head to the body shop to get my damage estate on the tow rig tomorrow. Fun times

Gentlemen,

Not sure if either of you drink, but would love to meet up with both of you to have an adult beverage.( even if it is a cold soft drink).

Are either one or both available to get together for lunch or a dinner?

Like I said, we will be in Norman. will be there from Friday thru Monday.

Please let me know.

My sister and brother-in-law lost their home in the May 20th tornado. Thankfully no loss of life, but they were renting without insurance. Their 2nd wedding anniversary is tomorrow, so they are starting anew again. If anyone would like to assist them, please go to their website, which also has photos of the sheer power of this storm: www.joshandbritneysayes.com

I also want to publicly thank those of you on this website for your generosity so far. You know who you are.

ck

Archived