TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MCA Grand National 2013 at the Mickyard

07gt500conv

Hey for some of you that do like to do car shows, our local mustang club is doing the 2013 MCA Grand National Show at Disney Labor Day Weekend, 2013

http://www.mustangsatthemickyard.com

Something else to plan a trip to Disney. The host hotel, Cornado Springs is reserving rooms at $99/night. At this moment, Disney has advised us we have 2/3 of the rooms reserved. We believe the hotel has 800 rooms. Should be a good time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm registered. We are staying at the Saratoga though - making use of our Disney Vacation Club points. Got the email last week about indoor/outdoor and requested indoor if they are really going to do that. I hope they don't - I really liked the idea of the show being at the race track. Looks like the main criteria for indoors is that you need to be able to leave your car inside for the duration of the show. We are showing up on the 28th and leaving on the 6th so no big deal there for us.

The show is at the Coronado Spring Hotel.

The inside parking will be the concourse, Conservator Class, Thoroughbred, retired, etc... and all the hooty/folotty cars.....talked to the chairperson today. Since I am in charge of laying out the parking area, this is the direction I was given....

Kinda bummed me out, was hoping to have an indoor spot.....only about 150 spaces inside. They have around 400 registered already.

Yeah, I have to agree. If it is being moved, then move everything indoors or leave it as was originally planned. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but just because we actually want to drive our cars we have to park outside. Some of the cars that are occasional driven are just as clean as a thoroughbred car and many have more money in them. I just love the politics that take over what should be an enjoyable time for all the people that love their car. This is the same way the National Show in Asheville is being done. The best of the best inside, the rest of the cars out in the lot. I guess I should just leave the bugs on mine after the drive to the show for character!

I have been registered for months, but due to military orders will not be in that part of the country until after the show. So now I will not be able to attend. Is there any chance of getting my registration refunded and if so who would I speak with?

Well that sucks! The way they were talking, everyone got a spot inside! If I'd of known they were going to pre-judge us, I'd of voted for everyone to be outside!

Sam

Sam, it is not a matter of being "rep judged" there is just not enough space inside for over 500-600 cars. They are placing "the rare cars" indoors.

I have been registered for months, but due to military orders will not be in that part of the country until after the show. So now I will not be able to attend. Is there any chance of getting my registration refunded and if so who would I speak with?

Morgan,

Contact the registration person and explain what happened. I would imagine they will refund YOUR money being you are being deployed.

Just my two cents.....

No matter how it is, it will still be an enjoyable time spent around good friends with great cars. Definitely better getting to hang out in A/C rather than hot, humid Orlando in late August/early September with almost guaranteed daily rain at that time of year.

I guess this answers that:

Participants of Mustangs at the Mickyard,

Mustangs at the Mickyard Update

A few weeks ago, we sent out a poll asking all registered vehicle owners if they would be interested in moving the 'Mustangs at the Mickyard' show into the Coronado Springs Resort. We made every attempt to bring the show indoors, but unfortunately, we will not be able to satisfy all of the contract changes in order to make the move before our show date.

So simply stated, the 'Mustangs at the Mickyard' will remain at the Richard Petty Speedway and the show will go on as originally planned! We are very excited and are looking forward to seeing everyone in two short months!

Pat Rego

Show Chair

I'll be there with the family. Great excuse for a business trip family trip to Disney. No car however as we will be flying in. The fam wasn't down for a 16 hour drive for 5 people in a Mustang. Go figure....

I guess this answers that:

Participants of Mustangs at the Mickyard,

Mustangs at the Mickyard Update

A few weeks ago, we sent out a poll asking all registered vehicle owners if they would be interested in moving the 'Mustangs at the Mickyard' show into the Coronado Springs Resort. We made every attempt to bring the show indoors, but unfortunately, we will not be able to satisfy all of the contract changes in order to make the move before our show date.

So simply stated, the 'Mustangs at the Mickyard' will remain at the Richard Petty Speedway and the show will go on as originally planned! We are very excited and are looking forward to seeing everyone in two short months!

Pat Rego

Show Chair

I had a feeling that was coming down the pike.

The Mustangs at the Mickyard is in conjunction with Dream Cars Weekend. If you register for Mickyard, after the show ends on Saturday, your registration I BELIEVE is good to park your car with the Dream Cars at the Coronado.

If you are staying thru Labor Day (Monday), its a weekend long event..

• 1 month later...

Archived