TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50TH Mustang Anniversary

driving events sound like a lot more fun than sitting in a blacktop parking lot for 3 days while some yo-yo climbs under your car and tells you you didnt wipe down your tie rods good enough..... :hysterical2: .

Totally agree! But this doesn't even seem to have good driving events. I mean 50th Anny worthy events. If they are going to slant this towards the driven cars then the track time should be second to none. Don't get me wrong I love the MCA and support as many events as I can but the demographic seems to be catering to the "north of 70" owners. LOL

Oh and wipe down your damn tie rods ! LOL

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Jim I think we are still planning on doing a short run in the smokies and then head over to the 50th. We have not booked a hotel yet and might book the one you are staying at. If Don brings the Shelby he won't be driving so DON BRING THE BOSS so we can enjoy the trip more.

I am thinking of arriving in Concord on the 16th and leaving on the 20th. So maybe we can hook up on the 14th and work our way over there?????

Cliff

Jim I think we are still planning on doing a short run in the smokies and then head over to the 50th. We have not booked a hotel yet and might book the one you are staying at. If Don brings the Shelby he won't be driving so DON BRING THE BOSS so we can enjoy the trip more.

I am thinking of arriving in Concord on the 16th and leaving on the 20th. So maybe we can hook up on the 14th and work our way over there?????

Cliff

Currently, my reservation is the 16th thru the 20th also. We made the reservations just to make sure to reserve the rooms.

If Don had a stacker trailer, he could bring both :hysterical2::hysterical2:

I like the idea of driving either before or after the event.....

Vic and I were discussing this last week and we have to work our logistics with his wife, but thats up to him.

My wife wants to bring her Mustang and drive with us :peelout: ...I told her that was fine.

Depending on the 50th schedule, we could venture out during the celebration for a "mini roadtrip" also. :idea:

Jim, Scott will be posting something either this evening or tomorrow hinting of the 2nd annual "Cruising the Smokies". We are working the logistics out so we don't want to post until we have everything worked out, but he will at least give a hint.........

Spring Fever Cruisin the Smokies is back by popular demand for 2014! :happy feet:

Tentative route will be announced by July 31, 2013

Keep the following dates open:

Sunday 4/13/14 - Enroute to starting point

Monday 4/14/14 - Cruisin

Tuesday 4/15/14 - Cruisin

Wednesday 4/16/14 - Cruise to Charlotte

Spring Fever Cruisin the Smokies is back by popular demand for 2014! :happy feet:

Tentative route will be announced by July 31, 2013

Keep the following dates open:

Sunday 4/13/14 - Enroute to starting point

Monday 4/14/14 - Cruisin

Tuesday 4/15/14 - Cruisin

Wednesday 4/16/14 - Cruise to Charlotte

Looking forward to it again....

Maybe this time we can make it past Bridal Veil Falls and Warwomen road?

Another one to add to the list that I found is Wolf Pen Gap/Blood Mtn Cooler.

Looks like registration for the 50th will open tomorrow. There is a link to the registration page, but it is not open yet.

http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/charlotte/registration.html

Here is the registration page link:

http://motosho.com/event/mca50thbirthdaycharlotte

A little info on working on logistics and reservations with Scott and Cliff yesterday morning. I had 28 emails received and sent with 4 phone calls.This stuff is not easy to work out with large groups. All I can say is the people who missed out on the first cruise will definitely want to be part of this second group. This thing is growing so much I think we will need group leaders next year. Welcome Rob, Jeff, Rick and Greg.

Here is a little more info on the first cruise. The group ended up in the right lane behind a cop going about 5 MPH over the speed limit while heading back to our rooms. Then I see Vic and Jim coming up in the left lane and pass the cop. So the whole group ends up passing the cop who had a strange look on his face. Vic and Jim later said they only give out tickets if you are 10 over. I wish I had a video of all those speeding Shelbys passing the cop.

Scott, 2nd video please :lurk:

There were lots of great rides/events on the trip. How many Foreigners did we let sit in our cars and took pictures of them? The couple from Australia the couple from England and the military bikers from the Netherlands who had the wreck and wanted to drive Jim's car (who I said thanks for protecting our Country since our "appointed one" will not ....... down to the redneck locals I let sit in my car. With 6 Shelby's and 2 Boss's we were getting a lot of attention.

Next year with all the planned trips into Charlotte one would assume we will have plenty of cars joining up with us on the 2nd event.

The next trip will be just as grand, if not better! All we can hope for is the same type of weather we had this past trip. Details and routes will be posted soon.

And yes Scott, download the video from my car.................. :camera:

I registered the GT500 today. I put it in the Shelby class as this is a display only show. I would love to take the GT-H too, maybe I'll be a wealthy person one day and just transport them. It is always nice to dream.

I have to agree that sitting around the speedway looking at each other is only fun for a couple of hours. I missed the run in the Smokies this past April due to taking the family to Disney and look forward to participating in the next one. If you guys wanted to set up a track day, I could make an inquiry at Carolina Motorsports Park and also coordinate with the Carolina Mustang Club as well. They just had their track day this past weekend and it was a big success. I saw a clone '66 GT 350 R that was bad ass and race ready as well as some other great Mustangs and Shelbys. http://www.ponytales.org/ http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/#

I know right? I was shocked! 100.00 bucks just to park your car and get a goodie bag?

This is how I read the Las vegas site as well. 150 for a goodie bag and parking for two. Not sure what the host hotel will be doing. Maybe just more info has to be posted.

... I missed the run in the Smokies this past April due to taking the family to Disney and look forward to participating in the next one. If you guys wanted to set up a track day, I could make an inquiry at Carolina Motorsports Park and also coordinate with the Carolina Mustang Club as well. They just had their track day this past weekend and it was a big success. I saw a clone '66 GT 350 R that was bad ass and race ready as well as some other great Mustangs and Shelbys. http://www.ponytales.org/ http://www.carolinam...portspark.com/#

We had a great time on the Smokies run. So much so, that it's a must for 2014 taking us into the 50th celebration!

Tentative plans are to meet up on Sunday 4/13/14. Cruisin on Monday & Tuesday. Wednesday half day cruisin arriving in Charlotte around midday!

More details by end of July.

Due to the 50th celebration next year, a seperate track event will likely suffer. Perhaps 2015.

While I too was a bit taken with the pricing of the 50th, It only happens once.

Besides you won't see me just sitting around on at least one of those days.

Watch for 07SGT2875 flogging around the track :shift:

We had a great time on the Smokies run. So much so, that it's a must for 2014 taking us into the 50th celebration!

Tentative plans are to meet up on Sunday 4/13/14. Cruisin on Monday & Tuesday. Wednesday half day cruisin arriving in Charlotte around midday!

Due to the 50th celebration next year, a seperate track event will likely suffer. Perhaps 2015.

I agree, even at 100.00, this is not something we will get to experience ever again. On the bright side, it does get you access each day there. I will definitely be joining you on the Smokies Run. I really hated not being able to go. Once hotels for Sunday-Tuesday are selected, we can book our rooms. Thank you to all who worked on the planning for this.

This is how I read the Las vegas site as well. 150 for a goodie bag and parking for two. Not sure what the host hotel will be doing. Maybe just more info has to be posted.

Agreed. There will be more info forthcoming as this nears. I wish I could take both cars to Charlotte just for the fun of the event and getting photos. Unfortunately the GT-H will not be ready for an event like this by then.

Agreed on all points. I suggest everyone register their cars ASAP since the registration is limited to under 3000 cars. I am registering today for two people. If my wife or son does not come maybe a friend will come with me.

I have 2 friends on facebook and about 100 pending........................so maybe I will get lucky.

Cliff

Agreed. There will be more info forthcoming as this nears. I wish I could take both cars to Charlotte just for the fun of the event and getting photos. Unfortunately the GT-H will not be ready for an event like this by then.

David, looking forward seeing you and hopefully Sam and Joe on the next Cruisin the Smokies.. Don't feel bad leaving one Shelby behind. I do it all the time. All you need is 1 fast one. :hysterical2: We are working on something a little more special than the dash plaques for 2014, :drool: further details coming soon from Scott. This 50th event is going to be better than the 45th which, I thought was outstanding.

David, looking forward seeing you and hopefully Sam and Joe on the next Cruisin the Smokies.. Don't feel bad leaving one Shelby behind. I do it all the time. All you need is 1 fast one. :hysterical2: We are working on something a little more special than the dash plaques for 2014, :drool: further details coming soon from Scott. This 50th event is going to be better than the 45th which, I thought was outstanding.

I am looking forward to it!

Scott,

Here's an idea.... :idea:

Our cruise into Charlotte, hook up with the "power cruise" or what ever it called coming from Mustang OK and ride in with the group? :shrug:

• 3 weeks later...

Well....got er done. Did the reg thing $150 and the banquet for both of us for another $150. I thought that $300 was a bit much but the wife reminded me that the 45th was just as much.

Got the resv. made at Homewood Suites, 16th till the 21st.so the show is pretty much taken care of.

What we need now is Scott to come forward with " The Plan".

Vic

All signed up for 50th and hotel was booked last month.

Now the waiting game continues......................

We are working on it Vic. I got my end done two weeks ago and now Scott and I have to finish the final details. We have done quite a bit of research to date but are not ready to post yet. Will be good trip for sure.

Also between work, summer and play the CD's from the Spring trip are not finished. Once they get completed we will get them in the mail. Also Scott has to finish downloading the video from my car on the last run and upload it for all to see. It as well as other videos and pictures will be on the CD.

************* Yesterday on the 4th I was in Ft. Wayne with Shelby and a newer camero pulled up next to me at light and motioned he wanted to race. I just smiled. As soon as that light turned green I slammed 1st then 2nd and was two car lengths ahead before you knew it. I slowed down to let him catch up and once he did his car back - fired......LOL............. Got to next light and he was like OMG what do you have in that thing. I replied "A REAL ENGINE".

lol

Archived