TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50TH Mustang Anniversary

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at a Comfort Suites, because I like the chain and wife loves the accomadations. Their price was 319/night ALREADY. The Hilton down the street (around corner) was not that high...Their sister hotel (sleep in) was at 129/night. I know it is not as nice but 319/night????

This should be a great time for all.

Wednesday, April 16th; This day will be the first official day of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration. Vendors will be ready to sell. We will encourage the Pony Drives to plan a late morning or early afternoon arrival and provide them with a place that they can all gather before going their separate ways. We will encourage all vendors to be open for business as there will be enthusiasts arriving by the hour.

Thursday, April 17th; As April 17th, 1964 is accepted as the birthday of the Ford Mustang, this will be the actual 50th birthday of the Mustang! We will have the Opening Ceremonies followed by a host of activities that are still to be planned. At some point during the day, we will have a birthday party, complete with birthday cake and the singing of Happy Birthday to the Mustang. Various clubs will have activities that they are responsible for including Pony Trails around the local areas and other Mustang related events. Today, this schedule is incomplete but the emphasis will be on the celebration of the Mustang’s 50th birthday. Possible on track activities, parade laps and other driving activities will also be happening.

Friday, April 18th; The event will be in full swing. There will be track events such as road racing, drag racing and parade laps. Other activities will be detailed in forth coming press releases. There will be displays of Mustangs and by Mustang groups, vendors to buy parts, cars, shirts from and many other things to keep Mustang enthusiasts happy and entertained. Friday evening, we will have a themed dinner with some form of entertainment as yet to be determined.

Saturday, April 19th; More of the same format as on Friday. Saturday evening we will have the Saturday Night Banquet. This will be the big social event of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration and will include guest speakers and entertainment, as yet to be determined.

Sunday, April 20th; Sunday will be the last day of the event but there will be scheduled activities that will be presented later. First thing Sunday morning there will be Easter Sunrise Services held at both tracks. The Reverend Michael Finn of Columbus, Georgia will conduct the service in Charlotte. Michael has officiated at Anniversary events for many years and we welcome him back. We are still seeking someone to conduct the services at Las Vegas but ample time remains for this. In the afternoon, we will have the Closing Ceremonies.

Monday, April 21st; There will be no planned activities. Monday will be set aside just for teardown and removal of all of the vendor displays and removal of vehicles.

Hopefully this page will be up soon!

http://www.mustang50...elebration.com/

Here is a video link with additional info:

http://www.prepow.com/50th/

Here is the link to the MCA discussion about this event:

http://www.mustang.o...NNOUNCEMENT!!!?

http://www.mustang.o...day-Celebration

That info has been out for some time. Surprised nothing new is posted yet. Hope the site under construction will be up soon.

I know. I am just trying to help anyone that may not have seen all of it and make sure reservations are made now before these rooms either spike in price or sell out.

I know. I am just trying to help anyone that may not have seen all of it and make sure reservations are made now before these rooms either spike in price or sell out.

Thanks. Did not mean to come across wrong. I am actually frustrated that no new updates have been posted by MCA.

It is a year away. I am sure someone is working on it, but wait and you shall see.

I can tell you the MCA has their hands full of details for the National and Grand National Shows. Our club is hosting the Grand National at WDW and we met with some of the judges this past weekend.

They are anticapating over 700 cars to judge.....

I looked at a Comfort Suites, because I like the chain and wife loves the accomadations. Their price was 319/night ALREADY. The Hilton down the street (around corner) was not that high...Their sister hotel (sleep in) was at 129/night. I know it is not as nice but 319/night????

Use this link... They are much better prices.

https://www.mmx2reservations.com/cabarrus/pc/MCAMustang

Thanks. Did not mean to come across wrong. I am actually frustrated that no new updates have been posted by MCA.

No worries, I definitely understand.

The Hilton chain seemed to be the only one that had not raised prices from Wednesday through Sunday during this time frame. If past experience is right, some hotels will show sold out online to sell at higher prices to those that call to inquire. I run into that often when I stay in Orlando during holiday weekends. Not saying that is the case, but it does happen.

This is from the latest JMC Newsletter for those in Florida that may be interested:

Mustang 50th Anniversary

The Great American Pony Drive to the 50th celebrations Southeast leg will officially start here in the area of Jacksonville/St. Augustine. Bozard Ford is sponsoring this start, and JMC will be helping host the event. Chuck Powell, who is our MCA rep, is in the middle of the planning for it. He has already helped make hotel reservations for a large European contingent that is coming. There are also plans for socials in the works. In the near future Chuck will be needing help form Club members to make this happen in a big positive way. As soon as he gets more finalized info he will set up an organizational meeting, and we will post that information.

It is a year away. I am sure someone is working on it, but wait and you shall see.

I can tell you the MCA has their hands full of details for the National and Grand National Shows. Our club is hosting the Grand National at WDW and we met with some of the judges this past weekend.

They are anticapating over 700 cars to judge.....

Last I heard was.......NO JUDGING.......... when did they change their mind?

Last I heard was.......NO JUDGING.......... when did they change their mind?

He is referring to the Disney GN that has 700+ cars needing judged.

The 50th will have no judging whatsoever. In fact you will more than likely not see the usual compliment of trailered only cars to this. It's geared towards driving events and far less towards the traditional,formal, sit in place,judged event.

The whole event seems kind of lame.. 5 days of really nothing substantial... Singing happy birthday to the mustangs? Really? Maybe Clay Aiken can lead the singing LMAO!

The whole event seems kind of lame.. 5 days of really nothing substantial... Singing happy birthday to the mustangs? Really? Maybe Clay Aiken can lead the singing LMAO!

I think it will be a good time to catch up with or hang out with your Mustang loving friends and make it your own event while catching some of the planned events as well. I am not caught up in any event to win a prize or be in attendance and say I was there. I just want to see what others have or have done and enjoy sharing my own cars as well.

David.

Let me know if any help is needed. Pending the plans, we go up with them...

Jim,

Ill let you know as I get info. I prefer to go with our own plans and enjoy the time and not be on a set schedule.

Roger that...besides they probably cant keep up with the way we drive.... :hysterical2:

We could let them leave a day early and still beat them there.. :idea:

Keeping up with you and Vic requires booster rockets and nerves of steal. :drool: I wish I had a video of us going 80-85 through Atlanta. :headspin:

• 2 weeks later...

He is referring to the Disney GN that has 700+ cars needing judged.

The 50th will have no judging whatsoever. In fact you will more than likely not see the usual compliment of trailered only cars to this. It's geared towards driving events and far less towards the traditional,formal, sit in place,judged event.

driving events sound like a lot more fun than sitting in a blacktop parking lot for 3 days while some yo-yo climbs under your car and tells you you didnt wipe down your tie rods good enough..... :hysterical2: .

driving events sound like a lot more fun than sitting in a blacktop parking lot for 3 days while some yo-yo climbs under your car and tells you you didnt wipe down your tie rods good enough..... :hysterical2: .

I am starting to come to the same point with car shows. But I dont usually go for the awards but to meet new people, see new places and see old friends. Also, the driving to the show can be challenging.

Looking forward to the Wicked Nats and thats a 2 day road trip just to get there!

I'm kinda pissed... Used the system to reserve a room at the Hilton. 2 queen beds. Got my confirmation. 4 days later I get an email saying they have none. And to try the sister hotel, Wingate, next door. So I ask the lady if she'll do it for me as they are responsible for the inconvenience. Blah, blah, blah back and forth and I still don't have a room. :nonono:

I'm about to join Wick and say Folk it. Better to save the money.

I'm kinda pissed... Used the system to reserve a room at the Hilton. 2 queen beds. Got my confirmation. 4 days later I get an email saying they have none. And to try the sister hotel, Wingate, next door. So I ask the lady if she'll do it for me as they are responsible for the inconvenience. Blah, blah, blah back and forth and I still don't have a room. :nonono:

I'm about to join Wick and say Folk it. Better to save the money.

Come stay with us Pete,

Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/Univ Research Park

Archived